Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can confidently predict that this will all be forgotten very quickly if Cucurella stays and continues to put in the same effort as before. No reason why he wouldn’t as it would simply scupper his chances of a move in future. Can’t hold it against the player. The villains in this are City, not Cucurella, who understandably is attracted by the move.

It’ll be a very bad day for football if making a derisory offer, then drip feeding information to a friend in the media to force a reaction gets them a player on the cheap. I really, really hope Tony Bloom stands firm.

Whatever happened to the idea that tapping up is outlawed? On a lesser scale, Arsenal appear to have the same situation with Leno who has supposedly agreed terms and a contact with Fulham but is now getting arsey because the clubs can’t agree a fee. Players under contract shouldn’t even be talking to other employers without permission…

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
No. But if he can treble his wages, then he'd be a fool not to go... surely :shrug:

You said he has to look after his family, when he signed 11 months ago im sure he would have know how much he is getting paid for the next 5 years at Brighton.
Do you think if City had not come in for him, he would be asking for a payrise because he would gave expected another club ti have come in for him and offered a better wage.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe not. But its certainly not a positive thing.

Just a further ploy by Mansour and the greedy agent.

Usually employed where a club says point blank that a player’s going nowhere. Not the case here.

It has no tangible effect on Tony Bloom. Cucurella was always available at the price set by Bloom.

The Sportswashers owners will be generating more income due to oil prices, part of which they or their associates filter into the club as ‘arms length’ commercial deals. Cucu will leave when they cough up the full value.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Am I deluded in thinking we’ll still get one more year out of him?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Get him and family up to Manc Sun/Mon/Tues so they can feel the place out, see how it compares to Barcelona, the weather’s looking pretty grim and wet. The Manc rain is our only hope now.

:)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Somethings defo happening as his agent flew somewhere yesterday. Who I assume is fabrizios contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think his agent coming to the UK is a bit ominous unfortunately

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I know these things get lost in the mist of time but doesn't he have some form here.

I seem to remember when we came calling with his previous club their Chairman swore he wasn't for sale and wouldn't be leaving. Shortly after he got dropped from the first team squad and trained separately.

Eventually Getafe caved but how much was due to our persuasive tones and how much was down to Cucu being a tosser with his club we can't be sure.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Depending on the contract Cucu has - handing in the transfer request could save the club from paying a loyalty bonus/es - that could reduce the fee that Man C would be paying.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I know these things get lost in the mist of time but doesn't he have some form here.

I seem to remember when we came calling with his previous club their Chairman swore he wasn't for sale and wouldn't be leaving. Shortly after he got dropped from the first team squad and trained separately.

Eventually Getafe caved but how much was due to our persuasive tones and how much was down to Cucu being a tosser with his club we can't be sure.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Didn’t we hit his buy out clause with Gatafe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Written by …checks notes …Fabrizio Romano.

Good to see the Grauniad still doing Guardian Balls with their grammar and/or punctuation.
"Graham Potter will also be loathed to lose an important first-team player....."

No, I can absolutely guarantee that Graham Potter will not be loathed! The correct word is 'loath'. Fabrizio Romano - cheap bloody hack!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Rumors that Spurs are sniffing around!

Surely BS? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here