Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
How? Agents talk - agents always see clubs as stepping stones

If a club is seen to not play ball agents will talk clients into another option.

An agent would have his players changing clubs every season if he could,to earn his filthy commission-stuff the player,just smile and tell him it`s for his own good and `you`ll thank me in the future`

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This is all leaving me with a sour taste.

11 months after joining he wants out. 11 months !

I never minded selling White or Bissouma. Clubs and players went about that the right way.

I don't know how Tony handles this now. He must feel incredibly let down with how this has played out so far. Damage limitation needed with whatever way he goes from this point.

11 months into a 5 year contract, at least show some loyalty.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I never minded selling White or Bissouma. Clubs and players went about that the right way.

I don't know how Tony handles this now. He must feel incredibly let down with how this has played out so far. Damage limitation needed with whatever way he goes from this point.

11 months into a 5 year contract, at least show some loyalty.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My take on this is that with the transfer request made public its harder for City to walk away from the deal.

Cucu has been advised by his agent to put the request in, im sure the agent has spoken to City and told them or possible City have advise the agent that this T R is what is needed to force Brightons hand. If City walk away now, i bet the agent wont be happy as they have left his player hanging out to dry. Bloom just needs to stick to his price.
With regards to Sundays game, i would start with Cucu, that will show City we mean business. No doubt that will piss them off more.

Sunday? ???

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

I don't know how Tony handles this now. He must feel incredibly let down with how this has played out so far. Damage limitation neede with whatever way he goes now.

Yep very disappointing. I could even maybe understand things more if City had offered in the £40/45m, there was only a week to go in the window, and we still didnt look like negotiating. But they've offered just £30m, nowhere near his true value, and there's still a month of the window to go. FFS Marc its called negotiating! I get that he wants to go to City but he could have at least done us the decency of not weakening our position like that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Manchester City players with more than 20 appearances in 2021/22

Cancelo bought for £58.5m in 2019
Silva - £44m 2017
Ederson £36m 2017
Stirling £57.53m 2015 sold for £50.58m
Mahrez £61.02m 2018
Rodri £56.43m 2019
De Bruyne £68.4 2015
Foden U23 graduate currently rated at £80m+
Laporte £58.5m 2018
Gundogan £24.3 2016
Jesus £28.8m 2017 sold for £46.98m
Dias £61.2m 2020
Grealish £105.75m 2021
Fernandinho £36m in 2013 left on a free
Walker £47.43m 2017
Zinchenko £1.8m 2016 - sold for £31.5m
Ake £40.77m 2020
Stones £50.04m 2016

They've since purchased:

Phillips £43.87m
Harland £54m.

To replace the suspended Mendy (£51.75m 2017) they want to buy Cucurella for £30m, who if he joined would be the third youngest of these players.

£30m? Surely the rest of the squad would think he was there on work experience.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My thoughts are,
If we want to break into the top six we need to keep players like this.
I understand the need to cash in on players for big profits but there must come a time when we have to put our foot down and say no to these players and teams otherwise we are destined to be a mid table team for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
**** it, add £1m to the asking price for every day they keep dicking us around

You want him? Pay up. You don’t? **** off.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yep very disappointing. I could even maybe understand things more if City had offered in the £40/45m, there was only a week to go in the window, and we still didnt look like negotiating. But they've offered just £30m, nowhere near his true value, and there's still a month of the window to go. FFS Marc its called negotiating! I get that he wants to go to City but he could have at least done us the decency of not weakening our position like that.

Has putting in a transfer request weakened us, i dont think so, in fact it disnt change anything imo

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Our position isn’t weakened! If anything it puts more pressure on City to match Blooms valuation, which I’m sure hasn’t changed a penny.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No. But if he can treble his wages, then he'd be a fool not to go... surely :shrug:

And go he will....IF City match our valuation.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Tbh as soon as City came sniffing around him, I foresaw something like this happening. Yes, just because Marc put in a request that does not mean TB has to honor it as such and take less than what he wants from City. I do believe he will stand his ground until they meet his evaluation. Don't know the dude personally obviously, but just reading between the lines and what I have seen myself, I don't think Cucurella will decide not to play, unsettle the dress room, etc just to force a move.

Is that me being naive? Perhaps, but deep in my gut I just don't think he is that kind of guy.

We shall see, nothing we can do about it either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here