Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Real?

Capture.JPG

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
€40m is £33.5m. Find it very hard to believe that Tony’s “well below our valuation” amount turns out to be just £3.5m.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Didn't spot that was a fake account.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gosh everyone is in such a tizzy now might be the perfect time to open up my magic bean emporium.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hiney art needed

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Yes I think some people on here have been blinded by the end of season form. We barely won a game without bissouma. If cucu goes as well that really is a hammer blow. And I'm convinced we would be back to 2/3 seasons ago aiming for 40 points.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Caicedo is our Bissouma replacement (and sooner rather than later upgrade). We've strengthened up front and Welbeck looks like he might stay fit for longer. If we can sign a replacement for Cucurella (yes he won't be as good), then overall I think our squad will be stronger. But we will need a Cucurella replacement.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Caicedo is our Bissouma replacement (and sooner rather than later upgrade). We've strengthened up front and Welbeck looks like he might stay fit for longer. If we can sign a replacement for Cucurella (yes he won't be as good), then overall I think our squad will be stronger. But we will need a Cucurella replacement.

I thought that people were being a bit optimistic on Caicedo being a Biss replacement, but his record in those 7 games at the end of the season was incredible: P7, W5, D1, L1 (and all wins were against top half teams). The prospect of having him for a full season is exciting.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Gruniad's still got it:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-in-bid-to-seal-manchester-city-move-brighton

"Brighton remain determined to keep Cucurella and are in a strong position to do so given he has four years remaining on his contract. Graham Potter will also be loathed to lose an important first-team player ahead of the new season having already seen another in Yves Bissouma join Tottenham this summer."

How dare you! We'd all still love him.

Written by …checks notes …Fabrizio Romano.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It will be a shame to see him go and maybe it shows a bit of the insight on what we expect as a premier league club.

We obviously haven’t the spending power of a lot of the sides in the league and I am not sure the mantra of “ kicking on” actually applies.

Be very interesting where we are in the league come Christmas.

Still expect us to be mid to lower mid table.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If TB folds on this one, it’ll be Sanchez, Mwepu, Mac, Trossard, Encisco, Caicedo and Webster being lowballed next if a Top four wants them.

He CANNOT back down

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nah I see Jocko and Caicedo as Biss' replacement.

I reckon the holding aspect of the first choice midfield will be a very exciting, and attack minded, 'you go I'll stay'.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Nah I see Jocko and Caicedo as Biss' replacement.

I reckon the holding aspect of the first choice midfield will be a very exciting, and attack minded, 'you go I'll stay'.

This.

Always said it would be impossible to replace Biss with one player, we would need to change things up in the middle.

Personally I think we could end up stronger for it as I believe Mac and Caicedo have the potential to be one of the best central midfields in the league. No need for a new signing there IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here