Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Your kidding me, aren't you?

Did you not see the Everton home game, just prior to Cucurella signing for us? March and Gross down the left side was not a pretty sight and we got run ragged by an Everton side that weren't the best but we made them look superb.

I'm not kidding, Cucu was our best player last season but I'm confident Potter will adjust and cope just fine. Gotta have faith

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Your kidding me, aren't you?

Did you not see the Everton home game, just prior to Cucurella signing for us? March and Gross down the left side was not a pretty sight and we got run ragged by an Everton side that weren't the best but we made them look superb.

March didn't play in that game - Gross and Moder were full backs .... and looked very exposed

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He can have his transfer once a club meet our valuation of him. Until then he can either knuckle down or train with the youth team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That game was horrendous but March did not play (I think he was out injured). If I remember correctly Veltman ended up playing left wingback.

Moder was. Veltman didn't play, Duffy did (that was probably something that Potter didn't get right)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have deliberately avoided looking at this long running thread until today, desperately hoping that if l pretended it didn't exist, then the problem would just go away.

That hasn't worked though has it? :tantrum:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Pretty rubbish few weeks. First that horrible shirt now our player of the season has admitted publicly that he wants out. No signings made in that period either and we are running out of time to get a LB in that we will need.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Gruniad's still got it:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-in-bid-to-seal-manchester-city-move-brighton

"Brighton remain determined to keep Cucurella and are in a strong position to do so given he has four years remaining on his contract. Graham Potter will also be loathed to lose an important first-team player ahead of the new season having already seen another in Yves Bissouma join Tottenham this summer."

How dare you! We'd all still love him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Moder was. Veltman didn't play, Duffy did (that was probably something that Potter didn't get right)

Veltman came on in the second half, not match fit and playing on the wrong side. He gave away the penalty for their second goal.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Apologies for the March oversight. but you get the gist of my post.........a Cucurella-less BHA is much weakened (stating the obvious) and will make a more than slight difference whatever 'Fifth Column' suggests, in my opinion at least

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

I find all the “he’s dead to me now” stuff a bit weird. I work selling software and I love the company I currently work for and its culture. But if someone offered me twice the money to sell even better software I’d jump at it, even if I’d reassured my bosses I was happy a week or so before.

BUT

If there was a system in place between software companies to compensate for poaching and the new big company offered the current one half the correct amount I’d know I’d not be going for a while. There would be at least one round of tripartite bargaining before the matter was settled and someone would end up unhappy.

This is still purely in City taking the piss territory. It’s a low ball offer and we were right to slam the door in their faces. If I was Cucerella I’d actually be a bit upset with my agent. They’ve gone nuclear option on an offer a card player will never accept. If City up it to 45 and we want 50-60 they’ve got nothing left to bargain with.

If he doesn’t go he’ll also be great for us again this season. Spain can still track his progress at little old 9th in the best league in the world Brighton. He ain’t going to want to be sat in the stiffs or deliberately playing badly. And I believe he’s a model pro and that’s why Pep wants him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty rubbish few weeks. First that horrible shirt now our player of the season has admitted publicly that he wants out. No signings made in that period either and we are running out of time to get a LB in that we will need.

What positions do you believe required new signings?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We didn’t win for half a season with them :shrug:
Yes I think some people on here have been blinded by the end of season form. We barely won a game without bissouma. If cucu goes as well that really is a hammer blow. And I'm convinced we would be back to 2/3 seasons ago aiming for 40 points.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

The only correct response to this transfer request is “yes, you are available to other clubs, the price is £50 million pounds.”

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I find all the “he’s dead to me now” stuff a bit weird. I work selling software and I love the company I currently work for and its culture. But if someone offered me twice the money to sell even better software I’d jump at it, even if I’d reassured my bosses I was happy a week or so before.

BUT

If there was a system in place between software companies to compensate for poaching and the new big company offered the current one half the correct amount I’d know I’d not be going for a while. There would be at least one round of tripartite bargaining before the matter was settled and someone would end up unhappy.

This is still purely in City taking the piss territory. It’s a low ball offer and we were right to slam the door in their faces. If I was Cucerella I’d actually be a bit upset with my agent. They’ve gone nuclear option on an offer a card player will never accept. If City up it to 45 and we want 50-60 they’ve got nothing left to bargain with.

If he doesn’t go he’ll also be great for us again this season. Spain can still track his progress at little old 9th in the best league in the world Brighton. He ain’t going to want to be sat in the stiffs or deliberately playing badly. And I believe he’s a model pro and that’s why Pep wants him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post, and I agree with all that. He's not dead to me, but I can't find it in myself to wish him well if he goes to that artificial, sorry excuse for a football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here