Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is it possible some of these twitter folks like Romano are fed and paid by clubs to put out stories to unsettle players, put feelers out, test the water etc ?

just a question

To be providing that many rumours majority right, of course he’s on many different pay-rolls

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Inigo Calderon never did anything similar.

He signed for us on a short term contract, until the end of his first season. He honoured that, and was a completely free agent when he spoke to Southampton - before Gus talked him into signing a new deal here.

I stand corrected but recall it upset quite a few on here.

Anyone else selling their wig....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225095159499?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4Ht1U4zMSa-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=4Ht1U4zMSa-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

It was inevitable. He's going.
Like it or not Romano got it right. Don't shoot the messenger.

Yes. Agreed on the reporting but not quite on the outcome.

Romano has been very clear. He’s just reported that Cucurella favours the move , and that he’s put in a transfer request and the player is (however you describe it) affected by the bid/interest. This is based on some decent sources as it’s turned out
Its his right to report it.

Just as The Athletic (Naylor and others) have confirmed they didn’t believe the player to be unhappy, that City are close to walking away and Albion won’t budge on their Ben White sized valuation. Also it appears very true.

At the moment.

Nobody though has reported he’s definitely staying or going. Albion seem to have a new contract ready to go and City seem prepared to walk away . If they have to. Romano has acknowledged that.

CucuSella - it is still hard to call.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Romano has been very clear. He’s just reported that Cucurella favours the move , and that he’s put in a transfer request and the player is (however you describe it) affected by the bid/interest. This is based on some other decent sources as it’s turned out
Its his right to report it.

Just as The Athletic (Naylor and others) have confirmed they didn’t believe the player to be unhappy, that City are close to walking away and Albion won’t budge on their Ben White sized valuation. Also it appears very true.

Nobody though has reported he’s definitely staying or going. Albion seem to have a new contract ready to go and City seem prepared to walk away . If they have to. Romano has acknowledged that.

This is still hard to call.

Thanks PB.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This might sound pathetic, but aside from those gits not getting this sorted in May to give us a summer to properly sort some cover out, it is annoying that we'll probably lose a good chant, in addition to the Bissouma one.

One of the best thing about April/May was the way the crowd rallied around the team - a couple of new songs and suddenly everyone everywhere was singing about anything and everything. There was just a real good buzz about the place that I've not felt since the promotion season. And that was before we'd spanked United and West Ham!

Oh well let's hope there's some replacements for our newer recruits.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it possible some of these twitter folks like Romano are fed and paid by clubs to put out stories to unsettle players, put feelers out, test the water etc ?

just a question

Paid by agents - maybe. That would be very close to breaking tapping up-rules and could result in a transfer ban. Don't think many clubs would take that risk.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tbf before summer had even begun barber dropped a massive hint that this was coming when he told a supporters group that it was very hard to keep players that have had their head turned by a massive club.

He surely was referring to cucu.

I really hope we have a replacement lined up.

Gotta be realistic and say we are in another relegation battle this season if cucu goes. We can't just casually lose our 2 best players at the same time and hope everything will be ok.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Inigo Calderon never did anything similar.

He signed for us on a short term contract, until the end of his first season. He honoured that, and was a completely free agent when he spoke to Southampton - before Gus talked him into signing a new deal here.
Hadnt he actually verbally agreed a new contract with us then wanted to talk to Southampton? Thats my memory of it

But as you say,he was a free agent

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex

just a question

It's a possibility.... whatever way it is, he's got great connections with agents, managers and clubs. If he was reporting we were signing one of the most exciting prospects in the Bundesliga I'd be excited because it would probably be happening.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tbf before summer had even begun barber dropped a massive hint that this was coming when he told a supporters group that it was very hard to keep players that have had their head turned by a massive club.

Gotta be realistic and say we are in another relegation battle this season if cucu goes. We can't just casually lose our 2 best players at the same time and hope everything will be ok.

I hope everything will be ok.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Really?! I think we'll be just fine. Still the best assembled squad of Albion players ever in my opinion and with some quality additions for this season. I don't think losing these 2 players will have a major effect.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Really?! I think we'll be just fine. Still the best assembled squad of Albion players ever in my opinion and with some quality additions for this season. I don't think losing these 2 players will have a major effect.

Though Sanchez will have to find someone else that can control 80 yard passes to the left wing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite this all going Pete Tong, I would never boo a player, it is childish, not even that fool up the road.

What if he didn't clap you?

I believe that's grounds for a good ol' fashioned witch hunt.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
. I don't think losing these 2 players will have a major effect.

Your kidding me, aren't you?

Did you not see the Everton home game, just prior to Cucurella signing for us? March and Gross down the left side was not a pretty sight and we got run ragged by an Everton side that weren't the best but we made them look superb.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Still just under 5 weeks of the window left. I doubt if many of us had even heard of Marc Cucurella this time last year.
It’s strange, but I quite trust that the club who signed Cucu, Trossard, Gross, Veltman, Mac, Mwepu, Caicedo,
for a song( comparatively speaking) knows it’s way around the transfer window.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Your kidding me, aren't you?

Did you not see the Everton home game, just prior to Cucurella signing for us? March and Gross down the left side was not a pretty sight and we got run ragged by an Everton side that weren't the best but we made them look superb.

That game was horrendous but March did not play (I think he was out injured). If I remember correctly Veltman ended up playing left wingback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here