Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Who cares what cucurella thinks about our valuation of him ?
He has no right to control it.
Anyway, 50 is reasonable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a World Cup in a few months' time, and Cucurella is surely on the fringes of consideration for Spain's squad.

This will be (one of a number of) a reason for him wanting the move to City, but equally a huge motivation to keep giving of his best, should the move NOT go through.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I haven't overlooked that at all, hence my quote: "a player will only move if a club offers enough for the other side to take. It doesn't matter what City offer, if Bloom doesn't want to accept it, he won't so who cares what Romano says or what City's tactics are."

It seemed too obvious to answer, but alright then: because, if they don't get their man, their tactics have unsettled a player at another club. This is why tapping up is against the rules. This is why Guardiola has pretended that he wouldn't be so dishonourable as to speak of another team's player in his press conference, despite what he knows his club have been doing behind the scenes.

Its all very well trying to come across all realpolitik about this, but Arsenal didn't act this way over White. Neither, despite their idiot fanbase, did Leeds when they tried to buy him, nor Spurs over Biss, nor Leicester over Ulloa. The only other team in recent years that tried these silly underhand tactics was Burnley over Stephens. They were working on a limited budget, so may have had reason to try it. We all saw the result though.

Everybody knows that City can afford to buy whosoever they choose, so for them to try to play Bloom like this is just disrespectful and insulting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was wondering yesterday if City fans would boo him when we played them if this move didn't go through. The way this is shaping up he may end up getting booed by Albion fans :lolol:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I have a feeling that's it! Won't see him in a Brighton shirt again.

That's got to be unlikely I'd imagine. I really liked Cucurella but his grubby agents pulling his strings have soured his reputation now. That's it for me now he's put a transfer request in and I don't wish to see him in an Albion shirt again. No hard feelings but just bugger off and chase your dreams with the sportswashers, see ya. Last time a player I recall did similar was Calderón with Southampton but he did a U-turn and became a club legend.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It seemed too obvious to answer, but alright then: because, if they don't get their man, their tactics have unsettled a player at another club. This is why tapping up is against the rules. This is why Guardiola has pretended that he wouldn't be so dishonourable as to speak of another team's player in his press conference, despite what he knows his club have been doing behind the scenes.

Its all very well trying to come across all realpolitik about this, but Arsenal didn't act this way over White. Neither, despite their idiot fanbase, did Leeds when they tried to buy him, nor Spurs over Biss, nor Leicester over Ulloa. The only other team in recent years that tried these silly underhand tactics was Burnley over Stephens. They were working on a limited budget, so may have had reason to try it. We all saw the result though.

Everybody knows that City can afford to buy whosoever they choose, so for them to try to play Bloom like this is just disrespectful and insulting.

This a million times

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was wondering yesterday if City fans would boo him when we played them if this move didn't go through. The way this is shaping up he may end up getting booed by Albion fans :lolol:

Despite this all going Pete Tong, I would never boo a player, it is childish, not even that fool up the road.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's got to be unlikely I'd imagine. I really liked Cucurella but his grubby agents pulling his strings have soured his reputation now. That's it for me now he's put a transfer request in and I don't wish to see him in an Albion shirt again. No hard feelings but just bugger off and chase your dreams with the sportswashers, see ya. Last time a player I recall did similar was Calderón with Southampton but he did a U-turn and became a club legend.

Inigo Calderon never did anything similar.

He signed for us on a short term contract, until the end of his first season. He honoured that, and was a completely free agent when he spoke to Southampton - before Gus talked him into signing a new deal here.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Has no-one on here ever applied for a job somewhere else, without necessarily 'wanting away'. And when not successful - carried on perfectly happily where you were?

That's effectively the same as him putting in a transfer request. Doesn't automatically mean he's unhappy here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here