Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Isn't he just practicing good journalism then? Having good contacts is one of, if not the most important thing in journalism/reporting. He's got good contacts and a scoop and is reporting it, I'd be doing the same in his position. It makes a change from a lot of journalists these days just re-posting what they see on Twitter and Instagram.

Can't see he's done anything wrong just because as fans of Brighton we don't like what he's saying?

He hasn't been reporting. He's been a ventriloquist's dummy for City in their attempts to unsettle another team's player. They could have just contacted us and made a sensible bid instead of playing these stupid internet games. They can afford to pay what we ask. If FFP is an issue, all they need do is a one or two suprisingly enormous sponsorship deals with companies controlled or owned by their owners and the job's a good'un. If they don't want to pay the going rate, then don't pay it, but don't drip feed stories to leeches for a couple of months before coming in with a bid that was, quite literally, laughable. That is just small time hustler stuff that is likely to just add an FU tax to the price of Cucu and of anyone else they might want to buy from us in the future.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't think he's a prick but his advisors definitely are, sports agents are very rarely in it for the player but themselves, the case is plain and simple we get our asking price or we keep him, if he refuses to play then he loses completely, I don't get what goal the agent is hoping for.

He isn’t a child ….. it’s been his choice to hand in the transfer request.

Could argue they are just doing their job in trying to help him make the move happen.

Agents are utter ****’s but players are as much to blame in situations like this.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You’d have to be totally deluded to think he wasn’t keen on a move.

Nothing has changed here.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With all respect to the delightful Kosh, anyone who buys into badge kissing is a frickin idiot/deluded romantic fool (delete as applicable)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well he can give that ****ing training kit back for a start :angry:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He hasn't been reporting. He's been a ventriloquist's dummy for City in their attempts to unsettle another team's player. They could have just contacted us and made a sensible bid instead of playing these stupid internet games. They can afford to pay what we ask. If FFP is an issue, all they need do is a one or two suprisingly enormous sponsorship deals with companies controlled or owned by their owners and the job's a good'un. If they don't want to pay the going rate, then don't pay it, but don't drip feed stories to leeches for a couple of months before coming in with a bid that was, quite literally, laughable. That is just small time hustler stuff that is likely to just add an FU tax to the price of Cucu and of anyone else they might want to buy from us in the future.

But that's not Romano's fault is it? If it means he gets the stories and scoops, why should he care? And if it means City get him for a cheaper price, then they've done a good job for their club too.

Ultimately, all talk of player transfer values is just fluff. No one knows whether a player is actually worth £30 or £50 million, a player will only move if a club offers enough for the other side to take. It doesn't matter what City offer, if Bloom doesn't want to accept it, he won't so who cares what Romano says or what City's tactics are.

Just don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
With all respect to the delightful Kosh, anyone who buys into badge kissing is a frickin idiot/deluded romantic fool (delete as applicable)

Lol romantic fool of the worst kind.

Now if Dunk kissed the badge, but you know.. he wouldn’t would he... ? he doesn’t need some worn out cliche to endear himself to us, he lets his football do the talking... that and it’s clearly BS.

I love Lewis, and yes I know he wanted to leave once BUT he got it right in the end and things were a bit different then.

The next one of our players to kiss the badge I’m going to boo the bugger.

I’m off to weep for the modern game.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I did not buy into it either at the time, I know the game..

Cuccurella, on the other hand has played us as mugs, that is the annoying thing, it is to me like a big feck you.

You just know he will be walking around the training ground, thinking we are tin pot compared to City, with his head down, not looking the likes of Dunk in the eye.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if an interview went for once along the lines of
"Yes well to be linked with such a great club like Man City is always nice"
"I would love the challenge playing for one of the best teams in the world and in such great competitions like the nearly champions league"
"But I have learnt a lot here at Brighton and will be always grateful for them helping me get to where I want to be"
"let's just see how this works out, I really hope it does, but for now I still play for Brighton and will continue to give 101% like I always do until this is resolved one way or the other"

No it has not....

Instead

He stomps in to the managers office, casually flicks back his hair and throws a transfer demand on the desk.

Dick

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Time to get this guy in ASAP please

https://youtu.be/F3CvdbKCMuw

Plus a proper replacement for Burn.

I’m really worried about losing Cucu without a reasonable replacement in place.

If March is injured, who on earth is going to play LWB, LB or even LCB?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
This is depressing. Oil FC buying success all the time makes a mockery of the game we love. Thought we’d get 1 more season out of him. Gutted.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Time to get this guy in ASAP please

https://youtu.be/F3CvdbKCMuw

Plus a proper replacement for Burn.

I’m really worried about losing Cucu without a reasonable replacement in place.

If March is injured, who on earth is going to play LWB, LB or even LCB?

Time for Stuart Tuck to dust off his Umbro’s.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Do we need to sell him ? He’s got a long contract and he’ll be worth more next year. Can’t see him being a problem around the club. Just a thought.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Do we need to sell him ? He’s got a long contract and he’ll be worth more next year. Can’t see him being a problem around the club. Just a thought.

He obviously wants out, no-one is bigger than the club.
Time to move on once we get the right ££££s.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You’d have to be totally deluded to think he wasn’t keen on a move.

Nothing has changed here.

It’s not about denying him the move at the right price, or being deluded that he’d not be interested... but by handing in a request, it’s just soooooo Pierre Van What’shisdonk.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Exactly, nothing has changed.

If City meet Uncle Tone's valuation he'll go, if not he'll stay. Been absolutely clear all along :shrug:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Maybe he’s just worried about the cost of living... he’ll feel the cold up in Manchester, his gas bill will be astronomical ... when I think about it, it all makes sense.

Good luck to the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here