Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Am I wrong, but Cucurella has a hand in this too.

Remember his goal and love heart celebrations just several months ago against Manchester United.
I was stupid enough to think he genuinely liked it here and although I knew he would eventually move on to a bigger club.
I genuinely had him down as a nice fella, one that would not stiff us when it was time to go.

Cucurella I understand the reasons and there are millions of them, I get that, but come on fella, you are stiffing us, you must be giving your agent the nod, this is not endearing, this is a sure fire way to lose cult status, not that you are bothered.

Your memory now, will be truly sullied, such a shame.

I found the badge kissing a bit off at the time. It really doesn't mean much.

Still it is fair enough he wants this chance. I say we still what happens.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I found the badge kissing a bit off at the time. It really doesn't mean much.

Still it is fair enough he wants this chance. I say we still what happens.
Yer tbf when he joined the club there was a cringe dazn documentary about it. Also cucu is really hot on all the self promotion footballer stuff.

Coupled with a very obvious waggy type Mrs swanning around in Dior tracksuits in Mykonos and you have the architypal ultra ambitious footballer and wife !!

Doesnt mean cucu ain't a nice guy though.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Remember his goal and love heart celebrations just several months ago against Manchester United.
I was stupid enough to think he genuinely liked it here and although I knew he would eventually move on to a bigger club.
I genuinely had him down as a nice fella, one that would not stiff us when it was time to go.

Cucurella I understand the reasons and there are millions of them, I get that, but come on fella, you are stiffing us, you must be giving your agent the nod, this is not endearing, this is a sure fire way to lose cult status, not that you are bothered.

Completely agree ….. if we had perhaps turned down £45m I could have seen his frustration. But when we have only turned down a fee which was less than the player they want him to replace I think both him and his advisors are acting like pricks

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get used to it folks.

Next season it will be Moses and Sanchez.

the price you pay for having good players.

As for kissing the badge, he loves it here, but who can honestly blame him if City come in offering to treble his wages minimum and the chance to win every major honour.

I for one don't.

All I expect is if City dont pay the sum we are after he knuckles down and continues to perform for us

The worst case scenario for him is he gets a juicy pay rise of us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Completely agree ….. if we had perhaps turned down £45m I could have seen his frustration. But when we have only turned down a fee which was less than the player they want him to replace I think both him and his advisors are acting like pricks

Edit ignore, just seen CJs post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I don't think he's a prick but his advisors definitely are, sports agents are very rarely in it for the player but themselves, the case is plain and simple we get our asking price or we keep him, if he refuses to play then he loses completely, I don't get what goal the agent is hoping for.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ditto.

You cannot be a club legend with just an eleven month stay at a club, then handing in a transfer request and going.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Does anyone know the significance of a player putting in a transfer request?

I may be wrong, but if a player puts in a transfer request, I think the selling club doesnt need to pay the player compensation for the move. Not sure what the compensation would be, but could it be the selling club doesnt have to pay up the remainder of the player's contract or a percentage of the transfer fee? Might mean the potential transfer fee paid by City could be reduced by the amount of the compensation no longer due to Cucerella.

I suppose this is a question that should be asked on "The Price of Football"!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Now being reported by Sky. Romano first reported the transfer request. Naylor confirmed it and first reported Albions reaction to it.

https://www.skysports.com/share/12661216

That’s a decent article. Interesting that City bought Zinchenko for £3.4m and sold him for £34m. So 10x the figure. So if my maths is right that makes Cucu worth £150m on the developing left back extrapolation measure.

Seriously though, if they state we are being greedy or unreasonable with our asking price they need to give their heads a wobble.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't think he's a prick but his advisors definitely are, sports agents are very rarely in it for the player but themselves, the case is plain and simple we get our asking price or we keep him, if he refuses to play then he loses completely, I don't get what goal the agent is hoping for.

In fairness, players agents are often almost like family to their clients. We may dislike them, and the tactics they use certainly leave a sour taste but they are an integral part of a player's life in all aspects, not just transfers. They are paid to get the best deal for their player. That's it.

Manchester City are a massive club, with massive financial pull, one of the best managers in the modern game (who also comes from Cucurella's home) and the capability to win literally every trophy on offer. It could also be a once in a career chance for him to go to City. Is the agent really that much of a prick for tying to get his player a transfer there?

You are right though, ultimately it does come down to "pay the fee or jog on"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cucurella’s representatives have presented the club with a massive headache. WE NOW HAVE TO DIG IN. If the club’s stance to NOT stand in a player’s way if the valuation is met is seen to mean nothing because a transfer request goes in, then we are F.ucked for ever and a day! This is properly high stakes stuff for a club trying to establish its elite status.
Indeed.

We cannot be seen to cave in otherwise we are forever the team that can get low balled on transfer fees.

But not accepting the bid does cause other problems.

Shag City and the horse they rode in on. They've damaged bhafc with their disgusting tactics and we are now left with firefighting that damage.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In fairness, players agents are often almost like family to their clients. We may dislike them, and the tactics they use certainly leave a sour taste but they are an integral part of a player's life in all aspects, not just transfers. They are paid to get the best deal for their player. That's it.

Manchester City are a massive club, with massive financial pull, one of the best managers in the modern game (who also comes from Cucurella's home) and the capability to win literally every trophy on offer. It could also be a once in a career chance for him to go to City. Is the agent really that much of a prick for tying to get his player a transfer there?

You are right though, ultimately it does come down to "pay the fee or jog on"

Yep. Now we’ll find out just how much City want him. More importantly, so will Cucu.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh well that’ll make it easier to say cheerio when Man City finally stump up.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I know... all if that stuff should wait until you’ve been around for a few seasons at least... it’s all a bit naff tbh, straight from the modern football cliche textbook. . . It means absolutely nothing as the modern game is all about faking loyalty, feigning ‘love’ and then taking the money and running. It’s a ****ing disgrace - yet we all lap it up time and time again.

Kiss the badge, heart emojis ... or a new Lamborghini as signing on gift from Pep and co?

Hmmmmm

But it’s okay, how could we begrudge him the chance to win things ... lol, well maybe but it ****s me off that he signed a 5 year deal with zero intention of a.) staying and b.) effectively reducing your resale value by giving City the advantage when negotiating a fee for a want away player.

The whole thing absolutely stinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here