Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Do transfer requests lower eventual selling prices?

The Sportswashers and Cucu's $$$$ agent collectively seem to think this latest ploy will do that.
Player will sacrifice millions in bonuses.

At least £2m.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do transfer requests lower eventual selling prices?

The Sportswashers and Cucu's $$$$ agent collectively seem to think this latest ploy will do that.

Could work the other way - if City (likely, via the agent) have told him to do this they now have a greater obligation to see it through, so it strengthens Tony’s hand.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone going to backtrack on their opinion of Romano now? :lolol:

No. He's purposely been fed info from City and/or Cucurella's agent in order to shit stir. However, he has **** all info from the side that will ultimately decide whether or not this transfer will happen.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Anyone going to backtrack on their opinion of Romano now? :lolol:

Far from it. It's clear he's working with ManShity or with Cucu's agent. He's been the one stirring the pot all this time. I used to think he was the benchmark in journalism, but I've lost all respect for him. Admittedly a lot of that is bias, but still.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Naylor late to the party again?

Although in fairness it's going to be hard to get the most recent news before someone who appears to be on City's payroll leaks it.

Stand firm TB :thumbsup:

I'd rather rely on someone late to the party who is accurate nearly all the time than folk who are early and often report tosh.

Saves a lot of time on hanging around in Twitter and on these threads.

I just wait till stuff is Naylored. Not bothered if others get there first.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If Tony gives in we'll be forever low-balled on fees going forward.

If Tony holds firm, like it or not, we look like a club that stands in a player's way of a dream move.

Tony needs to find a winning solution - but that's not easy. Luckily he is cleverer than me.

Man City have caused this. Disgusting club, disgusting manager.

All the money in the world but tight fisted scrooges trying to screw over our club.

If we were turning down an acceptable fee we might look like we are holding players back.

No one will see this currently as the club doing that … £30m is a joke offer and everyone apart from City and Cucarella can see that.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Hmmmmmm okay, but if he’s half baked in the opening few weeks then I guess that’ll suggest his focus might be elsewhere... I just don’t see the logic in keeping a player who wants out - it rarely ends well, if ever.

Do we actually know that he "wants out" though? Or would City be a move he'd enjoy the opportunity of making but is happy to stay with Brighton if it doesn't happen? There's a big difference.

IMO, he's not (that we're aware) been causing any "want out" issues - unlike, say, Kane last year, or Ronaldo this year, or van Dijk at Southampton.

Edit: *reads thread further* OK - maybe, depending on whether or not you believe Romano. We also have history with transfer requests being refused and the player being hapy to stay and play for us. IMO I think Romano is being used by the City end and I'm not convinced as yet that Cucu would be unhappy or a problem if he ends up staying at Brighton, despite any transfer request that may have been put in.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we were turning down an acceptable fee we might look like we are holding players back.

No one will see this currently as the club doing that … £30m is a joke offer and everyone apart from City and Cucarella can see that.
Unfortunately doubling our money in 12 months will look like a reasonable fee to the legions of the uninformed. :nono:

If Cucurella gives up a signing on fee, if his transfer request saves us a million or 2 due to him, Man City may be able to stretch to £45 million.

That looks the most damage limiting outcome to me from here.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought him a parasitic weasle masquerading as a journalist, but really just spinning whatever he's told to by sources with a vested interest.

Obviously, I take it all back.

Isn't he just practicing good journalism then? Having good contacts is one of, if not the most important thing in journalism/reporting. He's got good contacts and a scoop and is reporting it, I'd be doing the same in his position. It makes a change from a lot of journalists these days just re-posting what they see on Twitter and Instagram.

Can't see he's done anything wrong just because as fans of Brighton we don't like what he's saying?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It will be interesting to see if Cucu plays tomorrow.
If he doesn’t it may reflect that he’s either not in the right frame of mind to play, or that a serious bid has been received.
I’d like to see him play though as it will reflect well on him professionally if he does.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Without reading all of this have we confirmation this is true or is it still just something put on a tweet and copied by Naylor

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Cucurella’s representatives have presented the club with a massive headache. WE NOW HAVE TO DIG IN. If the club’s stance to NOT stand in a player’s way if the valuation is met is seen to mean nothing because a transfer request goes in, then we are F.ucked for ever and a day! This is properly high stakes stuff for a club trying to establish its elite status.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Isn't he just practicing good journalism then? Having good contacts is one of, if not the most important thing in journalism/reporting. He's got good contacts and a scoop and is reporting it, I'd be doing the same in his position. It makes a change from a lot of journalists these days just re-posting what they see on Twitter and Instagram.

Can't see he's done anything wrong just because as fans of Brighton we don't like what he's saying?

I can’t see how being used as a mouthpiece to unsettle a player by Man City has anything to do with journalism.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Without reading all of this have we confirmation this is true or is it still just something put on a tweet and copied by Naylor

Looks like it might be true. Not sure how much difference it makes though, it has sounded like there was an agreement to sell anyway. City just need to agree the price.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Am I wrong, but Cucurella has a hand in this too.

Remember his goal and love heart celebrations just several months ago against Manchester United.
I was stupid enough to think he genuinely liked it here and although I knew he would eventually move on to a bigger club.
I genuinely had him down as a nice fella, one that would not stiff us when it was time to go.

Cucurella I understand the reasons and there are millions of them, I get that, but come on fella, you are stiffing us, you must be giving your agent the nod, this is not endearing, this is a sure fire way to lose cult status, not that you are bothered.

Your memory now, will be truly sullied, such a shame.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
For me it looks like Manchester City may be in a bit of FFP bother, they have all the riches in the world, they could pay £100m tomorrow if they wanted, but they aren't. Why? I can only think its to do with FPP.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dig in Tony. Don’t give an inch on your valuation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here