Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I can't get upset by him handing in a transfer request. He'll have been advised to do so by an agent attempting to force Bloom's hand.

The only thing that would upset me would be to see him sulking for the next 6 months, but I honestly don't think that'll happen if it's handled properly (as in my post above).
Absolutely, IF he's still an Albion player come September, judge his actions on the pitch, rather than what is essentially a final attempt (with agents in his ear) to force us to lower our valuation, as already mentioned by a few.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
City have been complete Dicks in this whole thing, not only do they come to us with a low ball offer which is laughable considering they sold Oleksandr Zinchenko for 32 million, but expect his up grade/repalcement to cost less at 30 million...

Not only that they unsettle the player with underhand tactics, Pep declaring he wants the player surely does not help, it undermines proper negotiations. Plus if this is true then every club knows we have money and need a replacement, so they will high ball us.

So for that reason, we don't feckin budge on the asking price 50 million or feck off.

I am sure Marc would sulk, but get on like a model proffesional he surely is.
But if he does sulk to an extreme and refuses to play then, If I was Bloom and had his wealth I would rather he sat in the reserves or bench sulking than take 30-40 million. That amount is not going to alter this clubs future at all, we are all for nurturing young talent to be picked up by the big clubs, we get that, but don't piss on us from up high, Tw@ts.

I think if City had come straight in with a £50M offer, TB might have hummed and ha'd a bit - maybe held out for a minor add-on or two - but basically accepted the offer.

Now that they - and particularly their puppet Fabrizio - have behaved so disgracefully in trying to low-ball, unsettle the player and generally bully a 'little' club that they think should be grateful - I can imagine if they come back with a £50M offer - only to be told, it was £50M, but since you've behaved as such ar$eholes it's now £60M.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If I was Tony, I’d be speaking to my Barca counterpart looking for a deal next summer on the basis he stays for a year and goes next summer(assuming they are interested)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Tony gives in we'll be forever low-balled on fees going forward.

If Tony holds firm, like it or not, we look like a club that stands in a player's way of a dream move.

Tony needs to find a winning solution - but that's not easy. Luckily he is cleverer than me.

Man City have caused this. Disgusting club, disgusting manager.

All the money in the world but tight fisted scrooges trying to screw over our club.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When an offer came in for White that matched the Albion's valuation he left.
When an offer came in for Burn that matched the Albion's valuation he left.
When an offer came in for Bissouma that matched the Albion's valuation he left.

The fact that Cuc is still here, same as Big Bob, Tariq, Webster, AliMac, Welbz, Tross, Caicedo etc etc etc means that one hasn't. If it does he will go, it if doesn't he will stay.

All the rest is just completely meaningless waffle from people who have no idea (except TB's NSC account of course) :shrug:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Brighton will absolutely dig in now. The entire exec team and chairman will maintain professionalism but their position will harden. Getting cold shivers remembering some of my negotiations where ‘tactics’ were brought to bear to try and force hands - and a transfer request in modern football is a pretty rare tactic. Bruno has probably had to brush up on some very industrial Catalan to convey the club’s thoughts to Cucurella’s representatives.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
transfer request confirmed by naylor

[tweet]1552979108719726593[/tweet]

Naylor late to the party again?

Although in fairness it's going to be hard to get the most recent news before someone who appears to be on City's payroll leaks it.

Stand firm TB :thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Brighton will absolutely dig in now. The entire exec team and chairman will maintain professionalism but their position will harden. Getting cold shivers remembering some of my negotiations where ‘tactics’ were brought to bear to try and force hands - and a transfer request in modern football is a pretty rare tactic. Bruno has probably had to brush up on some very industrial Catalan to convey the club’s thoughts to Cucurella’s representatives.

This in spades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Potter wants options not like for like replacements but agreed both Mwepu and Caicedo give him different midfield alternatives (alongside Mac, Alzate, Lallana) . There’s no pressing need to “replace” Biss . And we coped (just) without White and Burn.
But agreed Cucurella leaves a left sided hole - but none of that will come as a surprise to Weir.
As for him inevitably leaving - well it’s not going very smoothly is it…but of course if they pay - that’s that. But will they ?

Well if the gossip on the BBC website this morning is to be believed, no they won't pay what the club consider he is worth. as Citeh are nows targetting Alex Grimaldo at Benfica, or Stuttgart's Borna Sosa, both available for considerably less than the reported £50m that we are demanding for Cucu.

I don't think there is anything inevitable about his sale at all. the club are absolutely right to stick to their guns, no way should Manchester City be signing Cucurella on the cheap.

In fact let's be honest, if Ben White went for £50m then l think Cucu is worth even more.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here