Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
hard not to see how cucu doesn't end up at city now for nearish £40M. people keep bringing up the dale stephens situation, but that's totally different as the offer came right at the end of the window and we had no way of replacing him. if he has handed in a transfer request then firstly that's awful behaviour from him but secondly I do reckon it'll have the desired effect, not sure tony will want to keep him around if we have a realistic chance to replace him.

That's bollocks.

He won't go for less than the price TB wants.

Whether that's £50m, £60m, or any other number.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That's childish - as others have said, who wouldn't want to play for the richest team in the country - titles, medals, CL football and a sh*tload of money.

The guy wants out - let him go.. If he's not allowed to go it will send the wrong message to players that the club is looking to sign.

And if we let him go it will send out the message to other clubs that they can get our best players for peanuts.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Mwepu certainly isn’t a defensive midfielder and nor would you want him to be, makes little sense to me playing our most active goal scoring midfielder in a deeper role. Caceido by trade is CM although granted he can play the deeper role but then your alway losing something. Cucurella was going the minute City made him a target they will pay in the end.

Potter wants options not like for like replacements but agreed both Mwepu and Caicedo give him different midfield alternatives (alongside Mac, Alzate, Lallana) . There’s no pressing need to “replace” Biss . And we coped (just) without White and Burn.
But agreed Cucurella leaves a left sided hole - but none of that will come as a surprise to Weir.
As for him inevitably leaving - well it’s not going very smoothly is it…but of course if they pay - that’s that. But will they ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
City have been complete Dicks in this whole thing, not only do they come to us with a low ball offer which is laughable considering they sold Oleksandr Zinchenko for 32 million, but expect his up grade/repalcement to cost less at 30 million...

Not only that they unsettle the player with underhand tactics, Pep declaring he wants the player surely does not help, it undermines proper negotiations. Plus if this is true then every club knows we have money and need a replacement, so they will high ball us.

So for that reason, we don't feckin budge on the asking price 50 million or feck off.

I am sure Marc would sulk, but get on like a model proffesional he surely is.
But if he does sulk to an extreme and refuses to play then, If I was Bloom and had his wealth I would rather he sat in the reserves or bench sulking than take 30-40 million. That amount is not going to alter this clubs future at all, we are all for nurturing young talent to be picked up by the big clubs, we get that, but don't piss on us from up high, Tw@ts.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
That's bollocks.

He won't go for less than the price TB wants.

Whether that's £50m, £60m, or any other number.

so if he genuinely is unhappy and is throwing his toys out the pram? then what? the club would probably be willing to accept some sort of discount somewhere if it meant moving on someone who was really unhappy and possibly becoming a bad influence on the rest of the team. this is of course all assuming that he has genuinely handed in a transfer request

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can we get back to highlighting stupid posts by city fans on social media?

The transfer 'saga' is nothing but hot air. Cucurella will be a city player if they pay us a fee that we find impossible to refuse. That's it. It's been that way since City's interest first became known.

So please let's just go back to posting the humourously ignorant ramblings of certain sections of their fan base.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Naylor has talked about matching the Ben White fee on several occasions I think.

Naylor has always said £50m +. What the plus means is anybody’s guess!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
C03DDE46-C340-4505-B19E-B0BFC3B1F563.jpeg

Gonna cost you 50mil to see me.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
And if we let him go it will send out the message to other clubs that they can get our best players for peanuts.

Exactly. Ben White acted perfectly professionally throughout the transfer saga and got his preferred move, aided of course by Arsenal increasing their bids to eventually meet our target price.
If we fold based on a 'transfer request' and some questionable tactics by City, we are seen as a soft touch.
That's not going to happen.
This will just harden Tony's resolve. That's the great thing about our owner. With him it's a matter of honour as well as cash.
When Dan Burn left I believe Dan phoned Tony and asked for the move and explained his family circumstances etc. Newcastle then met our asking price, on the third bid, and off Dan went. All done very amicably.
These tactics will piss Tony right off, I'm sure. He'll stand his ground for the price we want. I doubt he'll compromise on that.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That's childish - as others have said, who wouldn't want to play for the richest team in the country - titles, medals, CL football and a sh*tload of money.

The guy wants out - let him go.. If he's not allowed to go it will send the wrong message to players that the club is looking to sign.

We refused to let Dale Stephens go once upon a time and since then we've signed basically our entire current first 11 plus a number of youth and squad players.

I think we'll be fine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He did ask to be benched next season, he may get his wish.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Blimey, seems to be a lot of anger on here! Getting a bit hysterical like the Leeds/White situation.

Let's be honest, he was always going the moment City decided they wanted him. I imagine it will be tied up for circa £45 million fairly soon. City will say it's for considerably less than the reported figure, Albion (Naylor) will say it is for considerably more than the reported figure.

No point getting so wound up about it, everyone's just looking after their own interests here. Cucu and his agent will want the City move, can't blame them for that - huge salary increase, trophies and international recognition are now coming his way. City want to pay as little as they can for him, Albion want to get as much as they can. City fans want to sign the player, we want to keep the player. Romano is a journalist who's career is reliant on social media content so he's just doing his job, if he's so shit at his job and spouts crap, just ignore him then. If Cucu wants to leave, he's well within his rights to hand in a transfer request and it's up to us to decide what we do with that. I don't see anyone really doing anything wrong here.

We're the best run club in the country IMO, if he leaves we'll bank a huge sum of money and we will have contingency plans in place. If he stays, we retain a quality player.

Just relax, enjoy the sunshine and look forward to teaching some Catalan's a football lesson tomorrow!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Potter wants options not like for like replacements but agreed both Mwepu and Caicedo give him different midfield alternatives (alongside Mac, Alzate, Lallana) . There’s no pressing need to “replace” Biss . And we coped (just) without White and Burn.
But agreed Cucurella leaves a left sided hole - but none of that will come as a surprise to Weir.
As for him inevitably leaving - well it’s not going very smoothly is it…but of course if they pay - that’s that. But will they ?
They will Jem they have to be seen to put up a fight that’s all. £45m plus add ins will be my guess.
I’m not backing down :) Biss going is going to cause problems the amount of attacks that lad broke up was immense. We are trying to replace/reposition players to cover for a champions league quality footballer it’s not easy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If he has handed in a request, City will have to up their bid significantly - the request would only have been handed in after discussion with them, so they will need to honour that if Marc has done his bit.

Undisclosed amount, both sides claiming it was a good deal etc etc (it it happens).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They will Jem they have to be seen to put up a fight that’s all. £45m plus add ins will be my guess.
I’m not backing down :) Biss going is going to cause problems the amount of attacks that lad broke up was immense. We are trying to replace/reposition players to cover for a champions league quality footballer it’s not easy.

Caicedo and Mwepu both already look better players than Biss did in his first season and a half though. Maybe we already have the budding CL players in place?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

I’m also not backing down in my opinion that Caicedo is the player that can do this.

[tweet]1520640005462716416[/tweet]

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Oh bollocks. I saw your name and was hoping you had a ready-made Irish left wing back ready for us and good to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here