Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He has seen Bissouma leave at the right price, and will know that Ben White left on the same agreement, so why would he hand in a transfer request?

Playing to the crowd (media). Grand statement that the player is unhappy at not being allowed to go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF he has handed one in then he is a joke.

Bidding hasn’t even gone above £30m yet so hardly being unreasonable.

TB holds all the cards and City have the funds. This is a game of poker I don't see City winning until the asking price is met. Don't meet it and Cucurella is staying.

For what it's worth I think City will eventually fold and pay what TB wants. May take a while longer though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Lewis Dunk did hand in a transfer request, as did Elliott Bennett and Dale Stephens. None of them went at the time. Two them went later.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If he’s handed a request in, if mind you and it’s probably a BIG IF... then try to get 35-40 and let him go... I don’t want mercenary players who haven’t the patience and grace to give us at least a couple of seasons prior to agitating for that ‘dream’ (money, money and more money) move.

Don’t sign long term deals if you’re prepared to minimise the clubs profit on them by acting like a sulky and petulant child.

However, if this is made up bollocks, then good on Cucu for being prepared to give us one more season.

Sadly, I rather suspect we’re looking at the former.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
TB holds all the cards and City have the funds. This is a game of poker I don't see City winning until the asking price is met. Don't meet it and Cucurella is staying.

For what it's worth I think City will eventually fold and pay what TB wants. May take a while longer though.
True apart from £££ they don’t have any leverage.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If he’s handed a request in, if mind you and it’s probably a BIG IF... then try to get 35-40 and let him go... I don’t want mercenary players who haven’t the patience and grace to give us at least a couple of seasons prior to agitating for that ‘dream’ (money, money and more money) move.

Don’t sign long term deals if you’re prepared to minimise the clubs profit on them by acting like a sulky child.

However, if this is made up bollocks then good on Cucu for being prepared to give us one more season.

He won't sulk for long, if he is at all, as he won't be playing football until he accepts that the window is closed ( and he is still an Albion player) and the next one doesn't open until January

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Time for Weir to earn his corn, two big holes to fill in the squad.

Cucurella is still a Brighton player and City are still unlikely to match Albion’s fee expectations. But agreed if he goes then club will need to spend on a replacement/left sided option. (Looks like they’ve been planning for his exit this summer or next summer as you’d expect anyway - hence interest in Bassey)
As for Bissouma - . Albion bought Caicedo in Feb 2021 and Mwepu last summer in expectation Bissouma would eventually be sold.
Or do you think all of this will take them by surprise ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He won't sulk for long, if he is at all, as he won't be playing football until he accepts that the window is closed and the next one doesn't open until January

Hmmmmmm okay, but if he’s half baked in the opening few weeks then I guess that’ll suggest his focus might be elsewhere... I just don’t see the logic in keeping a player who wants out - it rarely ends well, if ever.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Cucurella is still a Brighton player and City are still unlikely to match Albion’s fee expectations. But agreed if he goes then club will need to spend on a replacement/left sided option. (Looks like they’ve been planning for his exit this summer or next summer as you’d expect anyway - hence interest in Bassey)
As for Bissouma - . Albion bought Caicedo in Feb 2021 and Mwepu last summer in expectation Bissouma would eventually be sold.
Or do you think all of this will take them by surprise ?
Why do you think they are unlikely to match the fee. 10-15m either way is chump change for city. They're just trying to play a game and they're looking pretty pathetic at the moment.

If it comes to the crunch surely they will pay.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lewis Dunk did hand in a transfer request, as did Elliott Bennett and Dale Stephens. None of them went at the time. Two them went later.

Dale Stephens went four years later ! , Lewis Dunk is likely to never leave the club. Elliott Bennett came back to the club on loan !

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
hard not to see how cucu doesn't end up at city now for nearish £40M. people keep bringing up the dale stephens situation, but that's totally different as the offer came right at the end of the window and we had no way of replacing him. if he has handed in a transfer request then firstly that's awful behaviour from him but secondly I do reckon it'll have the desired effect, not sure tony will want to keep him around if we have a realistic chance to replace him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmmmmm okay, but if he’s half baked in the opening few weeks then I guess that’ll suggest his focus might be elsewhere... I just don’t see the logic in keeping a player who wants out - it rarely ends well, if ever.

Because it's laying down a marker for any other low ball offers for our players for all future transfer windows. Fold on this one and a precedent is set for future low ball offers from the big boys.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm sceptical about the transfer request. If it is false then I would hope Brighton come at Romano all guns blazing. If it's true it makes no difference to the club's position; pay the asking price, which I hope is now 60m.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

It’s rare for Albion players - but Dale Stephens had a fine season for us in 2016/17 post the Burnley drama in pre season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we won't accept £40 million flat for sure, but with very achievable and generous add-ons we just might accept £45m ? ???

He's gone I think, but City still have to work out how to increase the upfront fee and/or add-ons to get the deal over the line.

Maybe it will even be £40 million but that would require awesome add-ons - eg more millions after 20, 30, 40 appearances etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I can't get upset by him handing in a transfer request. He'll have been advised to do so by an agent attempting to force Bloom's hand.

The only thing that would upset me would be to see him sulking for the next 6 months, but I honestly don't think that'll happen if it's handled properly (as in my post above).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Still a reasonable amount of time to replace but can't see us finding someone as capable to slot in immediately. Solly will be having a busy season if Marc does go and Tross will surely play the LWB role more and more.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Because it's laying down a marker for any other low ball offers for our players for all future transfer windows. Fold on this one and a precedent is set for future low ball offers from the big boys.

Yes - I see your point, and it’s not without logic or merit ... but if I was GP I’d rather avoid working with a player whose attitude (allegedly) is that we’re holding back his God given right to be a megastar... this is very different to DS or even LD, this is so in the media spotlight that by keeping him we’ll see a real circus around his every move, glance, grimace etc... it’ll be a joke... the narrative will focussed on a ‘club like Brighton imprisoning talent and destiny...’ again if I were GP ermmmm not for me.

That and we need a replacement now, and not in January an awful time to recruit awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here