Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we will accept £45 million with add-ons as well - but if we boost the sell-on % to 30% then £1.5 million of that £5 million shortfall is covered - or we might just include an add-on of £5million more after 50 appearances.

I wonder who it was that first invented this mythical £50M valuation?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Athletic were reporting this morning that City were looking elsewhere as we've put a £50m price tag on Cucu

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Athletic were reporting this morning that City were looking elsewhere as we've put a £50m price tag on Cucu
I think this is the final throw of the dice from cucu's reps. Just gotta cross our fingers at this point. We will know in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think this is the final throw of the dice from cucu's reps. Just gotta cross our fingers at this point. We will know in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

They'd be better off putting a request to City to make a bid that's not risible. The response will simply be: 'Like every other player at the club, you can leave if the buyer meets our valuation.'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bloom has shown in the past that transfer requests mean nothing to him. He lets the player go under his terms or they stay. The relatively small amount of savings in loyalty fees will not sway him.

He has seen Bissouma leave at the right price, and will know that Ben White left on the same agreement, so why would he hand in a transfer request?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I’m not surprised that this has happened now.
City stating that they are going to walk away from the deal. Cucu’s agents pressing the ‘transfer request’ button. Makes things more difficult but did we honestly think that Cucu or his agents wouldn’t want the move.
Will this change our approach? It didn’t with Dale Stephens and my guess is that it will make no difference to our approach here.
Yes, if the deal doesn’t happen then we’ll have an initially unhappy player but he signed a five year contract. What will he do? Refuse to play. Doubt it.
If anything I think this will harden our resolve as we won’t be seen to fold with the tactics now being employed by City. In fairness to City, we’d do exactly the same thing I’m sure to get the best deal for our club.
Whatever the situation, it’s now coming to an head and the outcome will be here in the next week, whatever that may be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep, transfer request handed in, price reduced see ya Cucu

Were you not paying attention when Stephens stormed out of the training ground in his Cayenne and handed in a transfer request? How did that work out?

I swear this Romano is on City's pay roll
It’s a bit different we can’t even pretend to match the wages Shity will be paying him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a bit different we can’t even pretend to match the wages Shity will be paying him.

He has four years of his contract left, it matters not what City will pay him. Come very close to what TB wants and he'll be allowed to go. Stamping feet, transfer request and low ball offer will NOT work....imo

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder who it was that first invented this mythical £50M valuation?
I would think it was a ball park figure based purely on Ben White's fee. Similar circumstances there: 1 year in Albion's first team, on a long term contract, and a very good young player, big 6 club comes calling thinking he can improve the side.

They'd be better off putting a request to City to make a bid that's not risible. The response will simply be: 'Like every other player at the club, you can leave if the buyer meets our valuation.'
I doubt it's even as harsh as that. Surely down to how far into the player's contract he is. I mean Bissouma played for 3 seasons - an average first season admittedly, but outstanding for two more. I very much suspect he was told mid way into his second season that he was performing well, big clubs were noticing but we do need you for another 18 months and after that we really won't stand in your way if a non-derisory offer comes in. The same should apply to Cucurella. Putting in a transfer request is fine, but we need you for another season more and then we promise we won't stand in your way. Who knows, maybe an actual big club might come in for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here