Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It shouldn't really work like this, but somehow it does.

If City pay £30m for a player, they are effectively saying pick yourself a squad number, you can have anything you like that isn't taken yet, starting from 30.
Remember they paid £40m for Ake, who has barely got a kick.

If we hold onto Cucurella and he has another outstanding season, someone will likely come in and pay £70m next summer. The sort of fee that says, we really value you and see you as a regular starter in the team.

Cucurella is young enough is a guaranteed starter for his current team, one more season makes sense for many reasons. Our recruitment in recent years has been outstanding, including Cucurella. They need to focus now on finding some decent left footed defenders/wing backs. This fella is going to take some replacing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have a player better than Foden? Tell me more

If they want to throw Foden in as a youngster on loan I agree that we should should “consider” lowering Cucu’s price but I’m pretty sure the entitled twats in that tweet were thinking about players who were not in their first team

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Their new generation fans won’t have a clue about the struggles TBF. Same could be said for some of our fan base!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a bit of a look on Twitter. The conversations were rather disturbing in their misunderstand of what football is about (IMHO obviously). I am a primary school teacher and it was like listening to a bunch of kids talking about who has won the most cups etc etc. I know it has always been thus but these people are full grown adults.

I often get asked: Why do you support them? by some newly converted city 'supporter' since Chelsea aren't what they were and Man U are a bit shit. I usually smile and politely decline to answer the question pn the basis that they probably won't understand. Although the other week I did tell a particularly obnoxious kid that he wasn't in fact a fan, he had just picked a team to 'support' and gloat about the titles that their club had chosen to buy. He of course didn't understand and probably never will. In my opinion, his footballing experiences will be far poorer because of it. I did give him a little homework: to go and research who Shaun Goater is. I wonder if he did.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If they want to throw Foden in as a youngster on loan I agree that we should should “consider” lowering Cucu’s price but I’m pretty sure the entitled twats in that tweet were thinking about players who were not in their first team
Oh I see, I couldn’t be arsed to read what the squabbling children (city fans) were on about.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Many of their fans on Twitter seem to be like those people who lowball offers for things on Gum Tree, Facebook etc and then kick off when they are told to do one.

Calling us names for refusing the offer that they have somehow decided is reasonable. It takes both sides to agree to make a deal, if they don't it won't happen. It really isn't that complicated.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
I had a bit of a look on Twitter. The conversations were rather disturbing in their misunderstand of what football is about (IMHO obviously). I am a primary school teacher and it was like listening to a bunch of kids talking about who has won the most cups etc etc. I know it has always been thus but these people are full grown adults.

I often get asked: Why do you support them? by some newly converted city 'supporter' since Chelsea aren't what they were and Man U are a bit shit. I usually smile and politely decline to answer the question pn the basis that they probably won't understand. Although the other week I did tell a particularly obnoxious kid that he wasn't in fact a fan, he had just picked a team to 'support' and gloat about the titles that their club had chosen to buy. He of course didn't understand and probably never will. In my opinion, his footballing experiences will be far poorer because of it. I did give him a little homework: to go and research who Shaun Goater is. I wonder if he did.

I use this line a lot with City 'fans', although I use it in the opposite way to what you do. I feel like they do not 'support' the club in any way (ie, prop up) and so I do not class them as supporters. Being a fan of something, on the other hand, seems a bit more lightweight in someone's feeling towards something. Either way it's a great way to shut people up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hasn't Taylor Richards been with us 3 seasons? I could be wrong and we paid 3 million for him

Never showed any signs of breaking into the first team

Time flies. I really didn't realise he'd been with us for that long.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
common sense seems to have broken out the last 2 or 3 pages on blue moon

There always has been some common sense among the rubbish on Bluemoon - but yes, it seems more prominent than usual at the moment. Their Tw@tterati on Tw@tter though - that's something else!
:lolol::lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Please make it stop.
47c4e73dd540e36176b938a4e0a715a6.jpg
1001c949f1e1f3bce94d78c254b05ef4.jpg
162338963cc37369ac74c1cf2e4d7942.jpg

I wonder if they ever see the sky? Because their head is so far up where the sun doesn't shine.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
cb6f75c3ed6d6c5e8d26e3a02ade3635.png

This really is very funny indeed.

Ironically, ‘big club mentality’ is not developing youngsters on loan from teams higher in the division and when they come-a-poaching for your players, demanding a kings ransom or just not selling.

Prick.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Strange that 100% of media coverage focussed on “city THREATENING to walk away” from a deal as if we are the ones desperate to do a deal when the whole purpose of the fee we set was to say “we don’t want to/need to sell “.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Strange that 100% of media coverage focussed on “city THREATENING to walk away” from a deal as if we are the ones desperate to do a deal when the whole purpose of the fee we set was to say “we don’t want to/need to sell “.

I struggle with "walking away from a deal" when there was no deal, a deal is a deal when it is complete, surely !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here