[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Reports on social media that City are lining up Alex Grimaldo from Benfica for €5-7m, for the ‘vacant’ left back position.
If true then City get a far cheaper alternative.
I do wonder whether Financial Fair Play restrictions are hampering City this year after big expenditure over the last few years.
Maybe bring in a cheapish option this window and then next year they’ll have greater funds for targets like Cucu.
Anyway, hoping that if it’s true it’s a deal done quick so we can all move off this thread and onto other rumours!

The Grimaldi price on social media has increased steadily during the day and some ITK on twitter is now reporting that the deal is going to be done at £17 million with the player, of course, unhappy at Benfica and pushing hard for a move

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Grimaldi price on social media has increased steadily during the day and some ITK on twitter is now reporting that the deal is going to be done at £17 million with the player, of course, unhappy at Benfica and pushing hard for a move
€17m sounds more realistic. Hopefully this will conclude and City can get their cheaper option. They must be cash strapped!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well I suppose at a pinch the poor bloke could just about survive on 10% of Cucu's earnings? I think I could just about manage it, given a chance!

And the massive agent fees for signing. Some people have a hard life :rolleyes:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They really are walking away now it seems...

[Tweet]1552774269649682434[/Tweet]

[Tweet]1552775444746964992[/Tweet]

Although I won't 100% believe them until they sign another left back.

We'll have to deal with the fallout of Cucu's disappointment now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If their only bid turns out to be one of £30m, and then they walk away when we dare to ask for more then i'd hope Marc would realise that figure isnt enough for a transfer to happen and so there's not too much to be upset about. If they really wanted him they would come back with further bids. £30m and then walking away suggests they saw him as one of many options or someone they'd bring in and could see a lot of time on the bench.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bafflingly naive business dealings from Man City if true.

Clear from day one that £30m was going to be nowhere near enough.

They paid £41m for NATHAN AKE, FFS.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The more he says, the more I am both convinced he is on City's payroll and that this deal isn't happening.

He does seem strangely active on this particular transfer, posting almost every day but with no new info. Just vague ramblings about MC not being happy or that personal terms wont be a problem etc. It's like there's some sort of personal interest in it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't worry too much. If he is disappointed, Potter will deal with that. He'll know there will be more opportunities.

But I don't feel safe about it yet... there's a long way to go.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This could be reverse psychology from city. Trying to call blooms bluff now.

Really don't think blooms losing this one and I'm convinced the price will be 50 + add ons if they really want him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He does seem strangely active on this particular transfer, posting almost every day but with no new info. Just vague ramblings about MC not being happy or that personal terms wont be a problem etc. It's like there's some sort of personal interest in it.

Good contact with the agents probably. They're most likely very eager - more so than any other involved part - to push this move.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And they're pricing him at £50m now, after Juventus came sniffing.

£50m for a bloke who is 4 years older than Cucurella, and who has barely kicked a ball for a year. Yet they come to us with £30m.

Its clown college stuff.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They could try arguing that they don't want to make that sort of mistake again, I suppose.....................

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Please make it stop.
47c4e73dd540e36176b938a4e0a715a6.jpg
1001c949f1e1f3bce94d78c254b05ef4.jpg
162338963cc37369ac74c1cf2e4d7942.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports