[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I'm not gonna believe any damn thing until I see it from official channels, not some off the wall sources just trying to get their follower count up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This doesn’t sound vaguely like a done deal for all Romano’s posturing about Cucu being unhappy and only wanting to play for Pep. All that may be true but…

“It is obvious that City will need to increase their offer for the player, and there is an expectation that Txiki Begiristain and his colleagues will do so in the coming days and weeks ahead “

Done deal that could take weeks to tie up, yeah right :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he gone yet?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This doesn’t sound vaguely like a done deal for all Romano’s posturing about Cucu being unhappy and only wanting to play for Pep. All that may be true but…

“It is obvious that City will need to increase their offer for the player, and there is an expectation that Txiki Begiristain and his colleagues will do so in the coming days and weeks ahead “

Done deal that could take weeks to tie up, yeah right :rolleyes:

Wasn't that essentially what happened with Ben White?

Done deal is probably exaggerated but I think we need to realise that the chances of Marc staying is somewhat gloomy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has he agreed personal terms?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not gonna believe any damn thing until I see it from official channels, not some off the wall sources just trying to get their follower count up.

Quite.

It really would help if folk checked their sources rather than coming from Twitter with empty news.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Wasn't that essentially what happened with Ben White?

Done deal is probably exaggerated but I think we need to realise that the chances of Marc staying is somewhat gloomy.

I’m strangely optimistic on this one. (Probably wrongly)

The mood music coming out of Man City has been quite half-hearted, all “yeah we want him if he’s at the right price, but we’ve got other targets if he’s expensive” - I don’t think they’ve helped themselves coming in so low with an initial bid. If I were MC, I’d want to feel I’d be valued if I made the switch, especially when moving a young family across the country to somewhere far wetter, colder and rainier than Brighton.

Could go either way, but Cucu is a fantastic player, and this isn’t the only offer he’s ever going to get. He doesn’t strike me as either stupid or greedy, I don’t think he’ll throw tantrums to get this over the line.

I just feel like Man City have done a lot of talking about Cucu, then not really matched their actions to their words. If I were a player that would give me pause for thought about going there. I could be wrong, and in football everyone has their price, but the low value that Man City seem to be placing on Cucu makes me fear that if he went he could spend the season on the bench being cover for Joao Cancelo, and what a criminal waste that would be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m strangely optimistic on this one. (Probably wrongly)

The mood music coming out of Man City has been quite half-hearted, all “yeah we want him if he’s at the right price, but we’ve got other targets if he’s expensive” - I don’t think they’ve helped themselves coming in so low with an initial bid. If I were MC, I’d want to feel I’d be valued if I made the switch, especially when moving a young family across the country to somewhere far wetter, colder and rainier than Brighton.

Could go either way, but Cucu is a fantastic player, and this isn’t the only offer he’s ever going to get. He doesn’t strike me as either stupid or greedy, I don’t think he’ll throw tantrums to get this over the line.

I just feel like Man City have done a lot of talking about Cucu, then not really matched their actions to their words. If I were a player that would give me pause for thought about going there. I could be wrong, and in football everyone has their price, but the low value that Man City seem to be placing on Cucu makes me fear that if he went he could spend the season on the bench being cover for Joao Cancelo, and what a criminal waste that would be.

Really hope you're right.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Deal done. Marc Cucurella set to leave BHAFC.

CB9B96C4-56B8-42F8-A6D5-0D1A983EA536.jpeg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Deal done. Marc Cucurella set to leave BHAFC.

Why does my gut tell me that you're gambling on being right ( rather than knowing ) just so you can try and claim some kudos IF it happens ? Hmmm .....

Maybe you could provide your source for this information ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Mmm. Hang on a minute. That SB article only talks about personal terms being agreed with the player. Didn’t Romano say that weeks ago? Or am I missing something here?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
To be fair. Let him go we all would want to go. Get good money and wish him all the best for the future.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be fair. Let him go we all would want to go. Get good money and wish him all the best for the future.

Say you were Cucurella and you were offered £65m in your sky rocket to play for small, insignificant club Crystal Palace, win nothing ever and live in the slums of SE25 or...£64m to play for massive big 6 legend club Man City, which would YOU choose?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Say you were Cucurella and you were offered £65m in your sky rocket to play for small club Crystal Palace, win nothing ever and live in the slums of SE25 or...£64m to play for massive big 6 legend club Man City, which would YOU choose?

Man City. Stupid question.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mmm. Hang on a minute. That SB article only talks about personal terms being agreed with the player. Didn’t Romano say that weeks ago? Or am I missing something here?

And it may or may not be true but that part really doesn't matter much... personal terms between Cucurella and Manchester City is probably the least of anyones concerns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports