Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just no, If GP thought March was exceptional at LWB why did they spend £15m on a replacement? GP immediately played his new signing.

If Cucurella is sold and March starts against Manure at LWB you would seriously have to question the ambition and I think GP would to.

Cucu would probably start left side of a back 3 at Man Utd. Played some of his best football there last season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I just don’t think Kane is comparable. It’s a transfer on a totally different level to Cucurella.

City would have needed to pay 3 times as much for 28 year old Kane as they will need to for Cucurella and probably 4 times as much in salary. England captain, they were trying to sign him from another top 6 club and he is more than just a good player for Spurs. He is absolutely their Talisman and the main man at the club, totally irreplaceable. Levy would have had an incredibly tough job selling it to the fans however much they sold him for.

Cucu is a much, much easisr transfer than Kane.

His point is still valid tho, if we don’t let Cucu go this window, they’ll probably just spunk the money on another LB and that might be his chance gone, Marc will know this as well, realistically we can be fairly sure he DOES want to join City, it’s just whether he will be professional and not throw his toys out the pram, unlike most footballers.

When City want a player they are very rarely denied, unfortunately money talks.

Stumpy Tim

Cucu would probably start left side of a back 3 at Man Utd. Played some of his best football there last season.

It's amazing that so many people haven't mentioned this... the conversations seems to be more about getting a new wing-back. Cucurella really played centre-back last season, and probably will this season. Hence, we need a left wing-back who can also play centre-back

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's amazing that so many people haven't mentioned this... the conversations seems to be more about getting a new wing-back. Cucurella really played centre-back last season, and probably will this season. Hence, we need a left wing-back who can also play centre-back

Started there Saturday against Reading too.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
His point is still valid tho, if we don’t let Cucu go this window, they’ll probably just spunk the money on another LB and that might be his chance gone, Marc will know this as well, realistically we can be fairly sure he DOES want to join City, it’s just whether he will be professional and not throw his toys out the pram, unlike most footballers.

When City want a player they are very rarely denied, unfortunately money talks.

Exactly, that's why I think it will happen this window and won't go the way of Kane.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe not.

Kane was desperate to join City. They wanted him too. Now they have Haaland, Harry will probably never get they move (or any silverware in this Country).

If Cucu doesn’t sign for them this window, they’ll just sign someone else. That will probably be his chance gone for the next 4 or 5 years. They might find a better left back?

I don't rule out a bigger bid and bigger wage offer for Cucu from Cashworth next summer.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't rule out a bigger bid and bigger wage offer for Cucu from Cashworth next summer.

I was just thinking that.

Plus, there's every possibility that Cucu gets re-signed by Barca in a year or so if he continues to improve. And Barca can have another shake of their magic money levers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was just thinking that.

Plus, there's every possibility that Cucu gets re-signed by Barca in a year or so if he continues to improve. And Barca can have another shake of their magic money levers.

Agree. City isn’t his ‘dream move’, Barca is. May well end up there next summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Should go for that Dan Burn guy.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Cucu, is also a very good left back, so allows to play a 4 at the back system when the manager wants

He plays 3 different positions (LB, LCB, LWB) very well.

Personally I do like us playing him LWB most, so that we can set up with a back line like .....

-----------Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey --------------------------Cucurella

...... but i'm certainly not going to argue with any permutations GP wants to go with as they all look very strong. Plus I completely understand that he likes what Solly brings us in that LWB position

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
With no Bissouma replacement coming in the door he would be back to square one.

I think you'll find Biss's replacement(s) are already here, bought in advance of something we all could see, Biss going to a CL club.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think you'll find Biss's replacement(s) are already here, bought in advance of something we all could see, Biss going to a CL club.
That's if you believe the spin they have been pushing for the last 12 months, but i don't believe we've signed a player that sits in front of the defence. Caceido is clearly more attack minded.

Makes sense that we have held talks with the German defensive mid

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cucu, is also a very good left back, so allows to play a 4 at the back system when the manager wants

He plays 3 different positions (LB, LCB, LWB) very well.

Personally I do like us playing him LWB most, so that we can set up with a back line like .....

-----------Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey --------------------------Cucurella

...... but i'm certainly not going to argue with any permutations GP wants to go with as they all look very strong. Plus I completely understand that he likes what Solly brings us in that LWB position

Slightly off topic, but Solly should be spending significant time working on his right foot, solely on that, if for nothing else than to make him less predictable to the opposition. You’d think someone like GP would be very much an advocate of neuroplasticity, re-training the brain to a less one-sided preference through repetitive drills and practice. It can be done.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Slightly off topic, but Solly should be spending significant time working on his right foot, solely on that, if for nothing else than to make him less predictable to the opposition. You’d think someone like GP would be very much an advocate of neuroplasticity, re-training the brain to a less one-sided preference through repetitive drills and practice. It can be done.

March has a decent right foot. Cucurella is a far more one-footed player IMO.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
March has a decent right foot. Cucurella is a far more one-footed player IMO.

Yes this, March has got a decent right foot. Of the 14 goals he's scored for, 4 have actually come from his right foot including the goal that secured our promotion against Wigan and that brilliant winner away to Villa a couple of seasons ago. That's not a bad ratio, he's never been afraid of using his right foot.

He's just a cracking player Solly, love watching him. Will always be under rated by a fair amount of Albion fans though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just no, If GP thought March was exceptional at LWB why did they spend £15m on a replacement? GP immediately played his new signing.

If Cucurella is sold and March starts against Manure at LWB you would seriously have to question the ambition and I think GP would to. With no Bissouma replacement coming in the door he would be back to square one.

You said exceptional, I said adequate. I think you’re doing Solly a disservice .

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Solly will do a great job as a LWB, RWB, or up with the front 3, though there's a lot of competition there.

I don't think he's first choice in any position, but he's first reserve for at least 2, and that given the way we move players into different positions, means he'll be playing a lot of football this season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That's if you believe the spin they have been pushing for the last 12 months, but i don't believe we've signed a player that sits in front of the defence. Caceido is clearly more attack minded.

Makes sense that we have held talks with the German defensive mid

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It's not Caicedo though is it? It's Mac Allister

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes this, March has got a decent right foot. Of the 14 goals he's scored for, 4 have actually come from his right foot including the goal that secured our promotion against Wigan and that brilliant winner away to Villa a couple of seasons ago. That's not a bad ratio, he's never been afraid of using his right foot.

He's just a cracking player Solly, love watching him. Will always be under rated by a fair amount of Albion fans though.
One assist for March last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here