Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
?? Brighton currently have loans worth £374m - mostly to Tony Bloom who unlike - Man United’s owners for example - doesn’t charge interest. That’s in our accounts not some NSC hive mind rumour - thankfully decoded by our resident dullard.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1508483608717234178

As for this summer We did commit £6m to sign Simon Adingra - did you miss this ha ha ? Until relatively recently that would have been our biggest signing of all time …but yep agreed so far relatively quiet.

Also £9m+ for Enciso.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
?? Brighton currently have loans worth £374m - mostly to Tony Bloom who unlike - Man United’s owners for example - doesn’t charge interest. That’s in our accounts not some NSC hive mind rumour - thankfully decoded by our resident dullard.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1508483608717234178

As for this summer We did commit £6m to sign Simon Adingra - did you miss this ha ha ? Until relatively recently that would have been our biggest signing of all time …but yep agreed so far relatively quiet.
I took it as a running cost debt not an asset debt,

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Also £9m+ for Enciso.

We’ve also sold Biss for £30m and Ostigard for £10m, plus loaned a load of players out which will likely include small fees.
Add that to the 9th place prize money and club must be massively in the black. If we wanted to buy we I’ve no doubt we could but it means without doubt that we do not need the money for Cuca. Unlike Everton who were forced to sell this summer. I believe Naylor when he states it will take a massive bid for Cuca to go to City.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are sure about the financial aspect? Apparently we are £120m in debt if you believe NSC and we don’t appear to be spending any money this summer.
We are way, way more in debt ( all to Tony ) than £120m.

£300 million at least, probably over £400 million.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I took it as a running cost debt not an asset debt,

What’s “running cost debt “ ? - our 20/21 losses ? , interest payments servicing loans ? , or annual “running costs” ? Or ??
Sorry. I’m not an accountant or football business expert but I’ve no idea where this £120m comes from. And PS : obviously we’ve done millions of business so far this season in/out . Were you saying we hadn’t , in jest ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We’ve also sold Biss for £30m and Ostigard for £10m, plus loaned a load of players out which will likely include small fees.
Add that to the 9th place prize money and club must be massively in the black. If we wanted to buy we I’ve no doubt we could but it means without doubt that we do not need the money for Cuca. Unlike Everton who were forced to sell this summer. I believe Naylor when he states it will take a massive bid for Cuca to go to City.

In the black ? On transfer fee ins/outs ? Or overall costs - wages etc ? Overall picture regardless of the big sales is still challenging I’d say. We’ve a large squad and still funding incomings.
We’re not in the black - the 20/21 accounts at least , but yes it might be more positive in 21/22 and 22/23 - but key is Bloom not putting us under short term pressures to raise revenue and the strategy of buying / selling prospects for the medium to longer term backed up by his largesse . Hence being bullish about Cucurella.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

In reality other than the small bank loan which was stated at the time to bridge the EPL money due, the rest is owed to the person who owns the club. That is like someone using their own money to buy any business whether it be a pub, hairdressers or whatever. Here it happens to be super sized but also no borrowing from the person himself. The club's value if it was to be put up for sale may or may not see a return on his investment, just like any business. Tony doesn't need the club to satisfy any banks or alike as he takes care of it himself.

May or not be relevant but when I was in the pub trade the rule of thumb given from the financial investment advisers was a pub's value (freehold) was usually determined by 3 times it's turnover not it's profit. Obviously other factors come in to play but that was the basics.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Er, yes but Man City calling is slightly different from Leeds (even though in Leeds’ heads they’re even bigger than City)

But what the Leeds interest did was establish a baseline value for Ben White that we didn't accept, which then had the knock on effect of making Arsenal START at 40+ Million. Once Arsenal paid 50m for White, whether the likes of City want to accept it, this set a definite marker for the level little old Brighton we're will to sell their best talent for.

The impact of the White sale can't be underestimated, and Leeds United, with the #FreeBenWhite campaign and hijacking of our PoTS vote contributed massively to this.

Papa-thats basically what i meant-u put it better than me

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Er, yes but Man City calling is slightly different from Leeds (even though in Leeds’ heads they’re even bigger than City)

But what the Leeds interest did was establish a baseline value for Ben White that we didn't accept, which then had the knock on effect of making Arsenal START at 40+ Million. Once Arsenal paid 50m for White, whether the likes of City want to accept it, this set a definite marker for the level little old Brighton we're will to sell their best talent for.

The impact of the White sale can't be underestimated, and Leeds United, with the #FreeBenWhite campaign and hijacking of our PoTS vote contributed massively to this.

hasn't it been said that most of this "debt" has been converted to shares or some such in the club and so isnt debt- its not repayable

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We’re top 10. We’re not playing at ****ing Withdean anymore. It’s “unbelievable” that any member of the footballing industry doesn’t know how Brighton’s exec team, fronted by a billionaire, flag-waving, terrace-standing, train-travelling, six-pack drinking, fan-chairman, works!! **** me. #teamslikebrighton

Teams like us indeed, a comment under the Cucu thread on the BBC website ‘Brighton are a Championship club at best’ the whole thread full of top six club entitlement, utterly dismissive of the likes of us, a perception that will never change.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
hasn't it been said that most of this "debt" has been converted to shares or some such in the club and so isnt debt- its not repayable

There’s , going on the tweet I quoted above, £370m of loans - , mostly to Bloom and then a further £90m he’s converted to shares.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What’s “running cost debt “ ? - our 20/21 losses ? , interest payments servicing loans ? , or annual “running costs” ? Or ??
Sorry. I’m not an accountant or football business expert but I’ve no idea where this £120m comes from. And PS : obviously we’ve done millions of business so far this season in/out . Were you saying we hadn’t , in jest ?
We’ve made one summer signing for Unions campaign, Enciso was one that rolled over from January so I presume it was included in last seasons transfer budget. Millions in sales granted.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

We’ve made one summer signing for Unions campaign, Enciso was one that rolled over from January so I presume it was included in last seasons transfer budget. Millions in sales granted.

You clearly follow our activity pretty closely - all those loans to USG, chasing players in previous windows - looks like something you’re familiar with and so know what’s what - so perplexed why you like saying provocative stuff like “dont appear to be spending money this summer” . You know say we are…Well at least we’ve cleared that up.! !

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep Marc is now refusing to play in any more pre season friendlies so effectively going on strike to force the move!!... :(

Oh dear. Graham is in for a SHOCK when Cucu REFUSES to leave the dressing room.

There's no way you are just shit stiring by repeating crap from the Twatterverse by chief **** and chief shit poster Romano.

Only if you live in Sweden can you think that the sun shines out of his arse and is always right.
Not sure what is worse. Romano or the morons who follow him like he's the messiah of transfers.

Screenshot_2022-07-23-14-19-03-04_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’ve been saying for a couple of months that I can’t understand why people have treated this Romano as some sort of Transfer Godfather that club owners need to approach to get permission to carry out a hit/bid. He’s just a client journalist twunt paid to shit stir.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here