Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're right, I haven't... doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a price.

You're far off the mark. Why would you say a price if you don't want to sell?

There would be an offer that Tony says yes to, but if he states his figure, then anyone will believe that's his starting position . Therefore open to a deal which currently as he has stated he isn't

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There's 'a bit less' and then there's '£10 million less than they paid for Nathan Ake after Bournemouth were relegated two years ago.' Its a nonsense bid, presumably an attempt to get Bloom to show his hand. Pointless, as he'll just give them the full Janet Kay.

Agree it is a silly bid, hence my theory yesterday that TB perhaps demanded money that they thought was silly so now they're making a silly bid as a part of some kind of mind****ing-roleplay with all cards hidden... because I just don't see a world where they actually believed Brighton would accept £30m.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I mean isn't that how negotiations usually are? Brighton ask for a bit more than it would take, City make a bid for a bit less than it would take and then you meet somewhere halfway.

If both parties come to the table wanting the same thing. In the case of an asset you don’t want to lose and have secured under a long-term contract the buyer has to do all the running - and nearly always has to pay a premium.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I mean isn't that how negotiations usually are? Brighton ask for a bit more than it would take, City make a bid for a bit less than it would take and then you meet somewhere halfway.

Agreed. But City are awash with cash. £50m is nothing to them, a bit like me haggling to get a penny off my weekly shop. City are not a normal club.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Agreed. But City are awash with cash. £50m is nothing to them, a bit like me haggling to get a penny off my weekly shop.

FFP says otherwise. Having billions doesn't mean you can easily spend billions every year without creative accounting. No idea if that is the case here or not but don't confuse unlimited money with unlimited spending power straight away.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You can’t have it both ways

‘Ugh it’s terrible Man City spend huge amounts of money’

Or

‘Ugh Man City are owned by an oil state they can afford to pay us £70M for Cucurella’

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You can’t have it both ways

‘Ugh it’s terrible Man City spend huge amounts of money’

Or

‘Ugh Man City are owned by an oil state they can afford to pay us £70M for Cucurella’

The thing is Man City's wealth distorts the competition.

The one and only compensation other clubs have for this is the opportunity to absolutely rinse Man City for transfer fees.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
FFP says otherwise. Having billions doesn't mean you can easily spend billions every year without creative accounting. No idea if that is the case here or not but don't confuse unlimited money with unlimited spending power straight away.

When have City ever complied with FFP?

Last time they were charged in Feb 2020 they just used expensive lawyers against UEFA who couldn't compete and by July of that year their European ban was lifted and the fine of 30m Euro's was reduced to 10m Euro's - again, absolutely nothing to them.

They have form here too. They signed a 'settled agreement in 2014' for the same thing and paid a £49m fine and accepted a brief transfer cap eight years ago.

City just seem happy to breach FFP as they can always afford the fines.

That's why I feel if they want our best player they should cough up the amount. It won't affect them in the slightest.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yeah I know the reason Andy Naylor is seen as someone with a bunch of knowledge is because he's been around for a long time and is a part of the psychological inbreeding but Brighton is a part of the international football community now and few of the agents - the far most common source - are based in the city (or even England), meaning a journalist with international connections is probably able to find out a whole lot more about what is going on in Albion than the local dog.

Of course Naylor has some sources in the club meaning he can get some vague injury news and stuff but when it comes to transfer activity there's nothing that points at the club sharing any real information with him and until the day he's actually the first to report that a bid has been made or recieved or similar, I see no reason to change that stance. Personally I really really struggle to understand how people can be so sure that someone who works as a journalist without ever revealing anything actually got inside knowledge on anything of importance. The day he is first with any kind of transfer business, I'll gladly eat my words.

so Naylor has now broken transfer news (Maupay to Italy) , are you going to eat your words? Its the exact scenario you asked for - A bid has been received- so willing to admit you were wrong-i mean even your blessed Romano hadnt reported it

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
so Naylor has now broken transfer news (Maupay to Italy) , are you going to eat your words? Its the exact scenario you asked for - A bid has been received- so willing to admit you were wrong-i mean even your blessed Romano hadnt reported it
Romano has done his usual, seen the tweet and retweeted it with a few of his own words no doubt. If this comes off, his fan base will once again praise him.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Well he's certainly nowhere near Manchester today signing any contracts or doing any photo shoots.
Walked past LatiinoAmerica at 3.pm and spotted Cucu at a back table wife his wife and young child.
That hair is SO unmistakable !!
Hard to tell his exact demure from the other side of the window but I'd say he was likely tossng up on how many empanadas to kick off with.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Well he's certainly nowhere near Manchester today signing any contracts or doing any photo shoots.
Walked past LatiinoAmerica at 3.pm and spotted Cucu at a back table wife his wife and young child.
That hair is SO unmistakable !!
Hard to tell his exact demure from the other side of the window but I'd say he was likely tossng up on how many empanadas to kick off with.

Did he say he really really wanted empanadas and then offer to only pay half price for the empanadas?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The Maupay to Salernitana rumour was in Italian newspapers yesterday.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The Maupay to Salernitana rumour was in Italian newspapers yesterday.

my oh my Swanny- you really are a piece of work. If you look hard enough you will find "rumours" about everything and anything somewhere. This isnt rumour- its a confirmed bid- that your guy apparently has retweeted- exactly what you accused Naylor of doing. The fact that Naylor seems to have got the actual goods, rather than just hearsay kinda is the definition of breaking a story, checked and confirmed info

Just admit that on this one Naylor has done what you were asking- no shame in being wrong- but to double ( well treble or quadruple or however many times it is now) down in the face of exactly what you asked for , says more about you than Naylor

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
my oh my Swanny- you really are a piece of work. If you look hard enough you will find "rumours" about everything and anything somewhere. This isnt rumour- its a confirmed bid- that your guy apparently has retweeted- exactly what you accused Naylor of doing. The fact that Naylor seems to have got the actual goods, rather than just hearsay kinda is the definition of breaking a story, checked and confirmed info

Just admit that on this one Naylor has done what you were asking- no shame in being wrong- but to double ( well treble or quadruple or however many times it is now) down in the face of exactly what you asked for , says more about you than Naylor

Like I said, Italian media wrote about Neal Maupay and Salernitana yesterday. It most likely wasn't guesswork.

You can't "find rumours about everything". Tell me ten other clubs Maups was linked with yesterday?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Like I said, Italian media wrote about Neal Maupay and Salernitana yesterday. It most likely wasn't guesswork.

You can't "find rumours about everything". Tell me ten other clubs Maups was linked with yesterday?

You know very well what i meant-

Its safe to say you arent every going to admit that Naylor has done what u asked of him- and that you were wrong, thats fine,takes a big person ( well just a reasonable one really) to say ok i was wrong, IMO a simple -ah ok, maybe he does get some info when its demonstrable as in this case. That being the case though, I know when to bow out of a pointless argument- u asked for a confirmed bid for our players- he gave it- u say not good enough-not quite sure what u want then- so i will leave you to your own world

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Its safe to say you arent every going to admit that Naylor has done what u asked of him- and that you were wrong, thats fine,takes a big person ( well just a reasonable one really) to say ok i was wrong, IMO a simple -ah ok, maybe he does get some info when its demonstrable as in this case. That being the case though, I know when to bow out of a pointless argument- u asked for a confirmed bid for our players- he gave it- u say not good enough-not quite sure what u want then- so i will leave you to your own world

You're wasting your time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

In my own world I got aware yesterday that Salernitana were talking with Brighton about Maupay - or a full day earlier than those who limit their world to Naylors bumhole.

The fee is new information/speculation however, I'll give him that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here