Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Can see that offer backfiring to Man City there. If I was Cucurella and Man City had been in my ear and the press and saying how much they want me and then they put in a low ball valuation like that, I would be offended.
The players are not complete idiots, he will know what Bissouma went for, how much Man City have been paying for players and the White sale last summer. He will feel like they obviously do not actually value him much.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
City and Pep are ville

Same tricks with Kane last year, spend 6 months tapping him up and telling him to force a move by doing interviews about leaving and going on strike to force move.

They are told the price is 150 million and they act offended when Levy says no at a bid of 80 million, Pep then sulks and threatens the player in public by saying if Kane doesn’t move this summer they will move on.

They then spend 100 million on the much lesser talent Grealish and claim they are different than other oil funded clubs and won’t be held hostage over the Kane fee.

Spurs hold firm and end up with Kane sulking for 3 months and blaming the club for blocking his move and not city for not bidding properly.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Deep stuff

You're missing the point. You've ruined this discussion with the apparent need to prove your point right and lost sight of the fact that this is a thread about Cucurella. Vast majority just want latest news and views on that, not your relentless need to win and
argument and score points. I hope you get the point and let it go now, or find/start an Andy Naylor thread and carry on there.

Man City and Cucu appears to be coming to a head now. Let's get back on track here please.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
City and Pep are ville

Same tricks with Kane last year, spend 6 months tapping him up and telling him to force a move by doing interviews about leaving and going on strike to force move.

They are told the price is 150 million and they act offended when Levy says no at a bid of 80 million, Pep then sulks and threatens the player in public by saying if Kane doesn’t move this summer they will move on.

They then spend 100 million on the much lesser talent Grealish and claim they are different than other oil funded clubs and won’t be held hostage over the Kane fee.

Spurs hold firm and end up with Kane sulking for 3 months and blaming the club for blocking his move and not city for not bidding properly.
Indeed.

It is exactly the same tactics.

Pretty disgraceful behaviour from City which is developing into a pattern they repeat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed.

It is exactly the same tactics.

Pretty disgraceful behaviour from City which is developing into a pattern they repeat.

It’s really poor from them. I can actually see it ****ing Tony off to the point where he won’t do business with them at all…….(or set the price so stupidly high for them deals won’t happen)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It might be true though - although the root cause blame is City being unwilling to afford the transfer.

There seems to have been a deliberate attempt to force through a low ball price by seriously unsettling the player.

Man City and/or the agents are behind this and journalists like Romano etc. are being used as their tools.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It’s really poor from them. I can actually see it ****ing Tony off to the point where he won’t do business with them at all…….(or set the price so stupidly high for them deals won’t happen)
Me too.

We know Tony won't get pushed around into accepting a low price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep Marc is now refusing to play in any more pre season friendlies so effectively going on strike to force the move!!... :(

Probably best to validate such a statement after the Reading game, not before.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep Marc is now refusing to play in any more pre season friendlies so effectively going on strike to force the move!!... :(
He won't force the move if the price isn't met.

He'll be unhappy for a few weeks but once transfer deadline day passes he'll get over it.

Incidently, how do you know he is refusing to play ?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

What, like Ben White did?

The media (especially social) needs headlines. Headlines create noise & most importantly traffic. If I was a site or a twitter ITK trying to exist in a sea of shit and noise, I’d be developing narratives that kept me relevant and shared.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tempting to go on Twitter and post that Man City are in financial difficulty as they offer way below asking price for a Brighton player to balance their books. Nonsense of course, but no less than some of the other twaddle on there.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Football transfers make fans act very weird (ours and citehs). Creating whole back stories and theories based on standard transfer tennis.

It is what it is. The buying team are playing their games. The selling team play theirs. If I was cucurella I'd want the move. I imagine a price will be agreed eventually.

The key often isn't the overall value of the deal but the way in which it is structured.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Doubt that very much considering the length of his contract still left, We can afford to say ok, you go on strike then, at some point you will have to play if you want a move away. I very much doubt Marc is that short sighted, if Pep values him that much he will be back in for him later or meet the value asked by the club holding all the cards… us

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Okay £30m with add ons

£10m if they get a champions league spot
£10m if he plays 10 times for them
£10m for their first 10 clean sheets
£5m if they win a cup
£10m if they win the EPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here