Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Romano will place educated guesses and probably has the ear of several agents who want to be able to up the price and wage of their player.

Naylor will certainly have direct comms with Paul Barber and the media team at Brighton. He wouldn't be able to fill his Athletic column without it. What that column contains as a result, is for the Athletic reader to decide.

Brighton never, ever, ever, ever leak anything on transfers to anyone. Romano won't be getting a thing from us.

Yes he gets most of his information through agents, which is a great source and there is a fair chance that they were aware that City would make a bid before Brighton actually recieved it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So he just made a wild guess yesterday that a) City would make a bid and b) it would be far from Brightons valuation. "Just guesswork, a clickbait chancer"

Then some 24h later Andy Naylor says City just made a bid far from Brightons demands and he is considered some oracle with a hotline number to Paul Barber.

Well, duh! If Mr Naylor didn't have Barber's number (along with those of David Weir and Paul Winstanley), he wouldn't last long in his job.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Romano has some agents on his pocket so he always has information.

If the deal is something to do with those agents he looks a bit more in the know, if he doesn’t then it’s just hearsay.

I think on this occasion he is no where near the deal and is just passing on second or third hand information. He hasn’t reported anything that I’ve not read elsewhere and on a few occasions been reported elsewhere first and basically just a rehash of rumours from May.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So he just made a wild guess yesterday that a) City would make a bid and b) it would be far from Brightons valuation. "Just guesswork, a clickbait chancer"

Then some 24h later Andy Naylor says City just made a bid far from Brightons demands and he is considered some oracle with a hotline number to Paul Barber.

Do you think Andy Naylor doesn't have a 'hotline' to Paul Barber?

You really struggle to understand how things work at this club, don't you? Understandable I guess, given your location. Are you ever going to come and watch us?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, duh! If Mr Naylor didn't have Barber's number (along with those of David Weir and Paul Winstanley), he wouldn't last long in his job.

He could do a very similar job to what he is doing now. Foreign or other British journalists tweets or writes something about a player, Andy Naylor repeats the exact same thing a day or two later and his groupies are amazed by his deep inside knowledge... easiest job on the planet.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He could do a very similar job to what he is doing now. Foreign or other British journalists tweets or writes something about a player, Andy Naylor repeats the exact same thing a day or two later and his groupies are amazed by his deep inside knowledge... easiest job on the planet.

Andy Naylor has just tweeted that Graham Potter has gone public, by reporting his Swedish stalker to Interpol.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Romano will place educated guesses and probably has the ear of several agents who want to be able to up the price and wage of their player.

Naylor will certainly have direct comms with Paul Barber and the media team at Brighton. He wouldn't be able to fill his Athletic column without it. What that column contains as a result, is for the Athletic reader to decide.

Brighton never, ever, ever, ever leak anything on transfers to anyone. Romano won't be getting a thing from us.

Whilst I couldn't agree more about players we do want - there is never anything that gets out from the Albion side on targets - Naylor is normally pretty on the money about the players we don't which presumably does come from the club. I'm struggling to think of an instance where he has been fed BS to put him off the scent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

He doesn't do that though. Naylor waits until he has actually checked the info. One of the criticisms of Naylor is that he never publishes an endless stream crap for us to get excited about, he'd rather wait until he has confidence that any info he has is accurate. More often than not he is right. Given the cutthroat clickbait nature of modern sports journalism I find this approach refreshing. It's also why I read his stuff.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Izzy Brown was the last loan that didn't become a permanent player that I can recall. Tin Kruhl may have been loan as well at least to begin with..

Krul was a loan, but we made it a permanent deal within a few weeks. Brown wasn't actually the last loan player signed that didn't become a permanent signing. We had Leo Ulloa back on loan for the second half of that first PL season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He doesn't do that though. Naylor waits until he has actually checked the info. One of the criticisms of Naylor is that he never publishes an endless stream crap for us to get excited about, he'd rather wait until he has confidence that any info he has is accurate. More often than not he is right. Given the cutthroat clickbait nature of modern sports journalism I find this approach refreshing. It's also why I read his stuff.

Some other journalists also check their info. All Andy Naylor needs to know is who the most reliable journalists, look at what they write, and then use the word "exclusive" as if he had done anything himself.

Same thing every deal, same thing every year. Some or another journalist finds information about Brighton doing some deal, people say "meh Marca/Romano/ESPN/Sky can't possibly know anything", then Naylor repeats what Marca/Romano/ESPN/Sky says and all his fanboys are starstruck. Him being later than everyone is always explained that "he checks things", as if no one else don't, and him never revealing anything is because "the club won't let him". He literally can't fail. Repeating the information of others and labelling as his own exclusive ITK stuff... like I said, easiest job on the planet.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Tony should whack an extra 10m on to the asking price every time City bid lower than what the asking price currently is.

So, 30m? New asking price of 70m.

That would suggest that Bloom doesn't want a deal. Lots of rubbish on this thread. Is it impossible to concede that Bloom wants a deal done but only for the right price? Its how our business model works so trying bully man city out of a deal is stupid.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That would suggest that Bloom doesn't want a deal. Lots of rubbish on this thread. Is it impossible to concede that Bloom wants a deal done but only for the right price? Its how our business model works so trying bully man city out of a deal is stupid.

It was largely a joke.

Considering they've got, let me check my notes....oh yep, an almost limitless supply of cash and can easily afford £50m :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some other journalists also check their info. All Andy Naylor needs to know is who the most reliable journalists, look at what they write, and then use the word "exclusive" as if he had done anything himself.

Same thing every deal, same thing every year. Some or another journalist finds information about Brighton doing some deal, people say "meh Marca/Romano/ESPN/Sky can't possibly know anything", then Naylor repeats what Marca/Romano/ESPN/Sky says and all his fanboys are starstruck. Him being later than everyone is always explained that "he checks things", as if no one else don't, and him never revealing anything is because "the club won't let him". He literally can't fail. Repeating the information of others and labelling as his own exclusive ITK stuff... like I said, easiest job on the planet.

Do you honestly think that The Athletic would have bothered head-hunting and employing a journalist who has built a long career on just cutting & pasting other journalists stories ?

Really ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He is firmly in Man City's pocket. No doubt protecting his access.
Think it's purely the agent.

The agent and Romano like each others stuff on social media.

By all accounts cucu's agent is a bit of a ****. Small time chancer trying to make a name for himself and he did some dodgy dealings to get cucu out of Barca to getafe. Wouldn't be surprised if this plan was cooked up by the agent.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
IIRC we loaned Mooy, pure and simple. He then had an outstanding game against Bournemouth in December 2019 and we made a permanent offer (that wasn't tied to the original loan) in the January window.

He was then either shit or paired up with Gross in the Premier League Midfield answer to walking football and ****ed off to China for loads of money.

Yes, it all comes back to me. And that Bournemouth game was pretty well Bissouma's first in the holding role, but the penny didn't drop for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here