Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Miles from valuation suggests £50m ish. Which for me is very cheap as said before ake ain’t played for years in the league regularly and they put £45m on his head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As much as we don't want to hear it I suspect the player is keen.

I reckon this will end up as £45m+5 add ons

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

No way he goes for less than White. Bloom will stand firm on this. As Naylor tweeted, anything less than £50m + is a none starter.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Unbelievable. They offer £30m to buy a first choice left back, left wing back with a bit of centre back FOR THE REST OF THE DECADE:facepalm::facepalm:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So let’s get this right City, you want an upgrade on your Left Back. So you sell your existing one for £32m and you think you can buy his upgrade, who has 4 years left on his contract, for £30m. You are obviously taking the piss.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Unbelievable. They offer £30m to buy a first choice left back, left wing back with a bit of centre back FOR THE REST OF THE DECADE:facepalm::facepalm:

So let’s get this right City, you want an upgrade on your Left Back. So you sell your existing one for £32m and you think you can buy his upgrade, who has 4 years left on his contract, for £30m. You are obviously taking the piss.

This and this. Utter tools. I think even Marc would find this laughable.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The one thing that annoys me about the reporting of this all summer is the 'City are willing to walk away from the deal if Brighton don't lower their asking price' line.

We're not a market stall hawking our wares for sale where haggling is expected. They want to buy our player who we don't want or need to sell. There is no 'deal' until they offer us something that we can't refuse(whatever that may be).

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Morning Tony,Mr Riddyculas here Man City's recruitment department live from Peps boudoir,he said he'd like Cucurella and will give you 30million can you send him up north today so we can get his shirt done.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,hello hello Tony?
Oh dear Pep I think Tony has fainted I told you we could of got him for 20.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A loan makes no sense. An offer of an outright purchase would be more sensible.

We have obviously scouted him previously so we know what he can do. Arsenal tried to use him as a left back, but he is better suited as a wing back which suits our formation more than theirs. They will have Tierney and Zinchenko on the left ahead of him in the pecking order and having spent £120m+ this summer they'll be looking to bring in some money.

It can make sense. Let's say we actually do want to sell Cucurella if we receive the 50-60m being talked about. That's a lot of money for a LB and the odds of getting more in 12 months are low. At the end of the day our best player has happened to be a LB, but I think we'd rather our best player is a striker or midfielder. Let's cash in on the LB.

In this scenario we need to replace him, and if the right purchase isn't available then a loan can tide us over, ensuring we have sufficient quality at LB while we work on a longer term target for the next transfer windows.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Still fully expect City to pay the £50m+.

The downplaying by them is to be expected. It's not like they are going to tell reporters "Yeah we would pay the £50m but we going to offer £30m first".

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hoping Tagliafico is the one. He’d slot in seemlessly and it’s a Veltmanesque bargain. We need to rinse City first though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It can make sense. Let's say we actually do want to sell Cucurella if we receive the 50-60m being talked about. That's a lot of money for a LB and the odds of getting more in 12 months are low. At the end of the day our best player has happened to be a LB, but I think we'd rather our best player is a striker or midfielder. Let's cash in on the LB.

In this scenario we need to replace him, and if the right purchase isn't available then a loan can tide us over, ensuring we have sufficient quality at LB while we work on a longer term target for the next transfer windows.

I was thinking this. We could go for a loan to give us a year to find the player we actually want or let a young player get to the point where they could realistically start for us. Though I stress I don't like it. We've never categorically ruled out bringing a player in on loan and I concede that there is some logic.

It gets me to something I've always felt was a bit odd about our academy. There really don't seem to be many wide players getting close to the team or going on decent loans. A bewildering array of centre backs, a gamut of central midfielder, the odd playmaker, even a few strikers these days ... but left backs, right backs, wingers, wing backs? We don't produce in anywhere near the same numbers.

I make this point, because if we had young players who were realistically competing for Cucu's spot then a loan would surely be out of the question as it is inhibiting the pathway. As we don't, the possibility comes into play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here