[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Right. This needs a poll. Not sure how to add one so if people think this is a good idea then could someone add it please.

The question is “will Cuc be a Brighton player at the end of the window?”

It is a simple yes or no. Anyone who gets it wrong donates a fiver to a local food bank. I am happy to play if others are?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Right. This needs a poll. Not sure how to add one so if people think this is a good idea then could someone add it please.

The question is “will Cuc be a Brighton player at the end of the window?”

It is a simple yes or no. Anyone who gets it wrong donates a fiver to a local food bank. I am happy to play if others are?
A simple straightforward 'yes or no' poll on NSC? Are you new here? There need to be at least seven (heavily weighted} options!

a). He will go to City for £60M and we will sign a new LB.
b). He will go to City fr City for £60M late in the window and we won't get a replacement.
c). We accept an offer of £30M plus a couple of sniffly teenagers on loan and NSC ghoes into meltdown, etc., etc............through to...........

g). We tell them what they could do with their £60M offer and somebody (no names, no pack drill) goes into meltdown because we could have bought a striker with that.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Tavares on loan actually makes sense given we were after him last summer and they're signing Zinchenko.

Didn't see anything from him last season to convince me he is a PL player but he's still young. If he is a back up to Cucu then whatevs, but a replacement? Yeah, I would be quite unamused by that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tavares on loan actually makes sense given we were after him last summer and they're signing Zinchenko.

Didn't see anything from him last season to convince me he is a PL player but he's still young. If he is a back up to Cucu then whatevs, but a replacement? Yeah, I would be quite unamused by that.
I don't see any reality where a loan makes sense, unless we also buy a younger left back to take over when the loan expires.
Otherwise we have just kicked the no-replacement-can to summer 2023. And given our player development skills to Arsenal for free.

I reckon the replacement will be that Sanusi guy from Porto - he even had a thread on NSC this summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Can’t see us taking a loan player, especially one who we’d have to guarantee playing time to and Arsenal won’t be loaning one who won’t be guaranteed playing time

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

A loan makes no sense. An offer of an outright purchase would be more sensible.

We have obviously scouted him previously so we know what he can do. Arsenal tried to use him as a left back, but he is better suited as a wing back which suits our formation more than theirs. They will have Tierney and Zinchenko on the left ahead of him in the pecking order and having spent £120m+ this summer they'll be looking to bring in some money.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
A loan makes no sense. An offer of an outright purchase would be more sensible.

We have obviously scouted him previously so we know what he can do. Arsenal tried to use him as a left back, but he is better suited as a wing back which suits our formation more than theirs. They will have Tierney and Zinchenko on the left ahead of him in the pecking order and having spent £120m+ this summer they'll be looking to bring in some money.

There is a bit of noise about a loan with an option to buy which would be OK I suppose. However, I am struggling to find anything positive about his performances. If he ends up here hopefully you are right and he hasn’t been played in his best position.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Well there you have it. Article says City will walk away if we don't lower the price

Cheerio then City. Find another player for your sportswashing project.

Vile club trying to bully us.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As much as we don't want to hear it I suspect the player is keen.

I reckon this will end up as £45m+5 add ons

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
£45 million + extras + 20-30% sell-on might just be where we should be heading.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

So this is the way Citeh want to play it. Doing it the Leeds way rather than the Arsenal way.

They are aiming to unsettle the player and ruin our pre-season as much as possible.

What a bunch of oil grabbing ****s.

I hope Chelsea now come in with a realistic offer (£50m+) and he goes there instead despite my hatred for that London club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports