[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
By selling Zinchenko to Arsenal for £32 million City have weakened their negotiating position. Now they have cash and no left back cover.

Maybe they think that just because they are City the player will kick up a fuss and the club will be forced to accept a lower price, but I don't think that is going to happen with Cucu, who is such a model pro.

In addition, it is not in Brighton's interests to cave on the asking price, as you make a rod for your own back in future transfer dealings.

According to some sites, City were already up over £30 mill on their summer transfer deals even before Zinchenko, so even paying £50 mill would still leave them £10mill up and having only lost two regular starters (Sterling, Jesus) and gained three (Haaland, Phillips, Cucurella).

Definitely weaked their negotiating position and any Logic.

Why would they sell a left back for £32 Million and demand to sign a better replacement for £2 Million LESS?

The arrogance of these BIG teams. (Remember not to celebrate if we score against them Graham, we should know our place)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
City are on crack if they think they can get him for less than £50m.

We identified him, chased him all last summer and spent the fee (all up front) to get him. We have helped him settle in the UK and transition into the PL and invested in him being a success at this level.

Then city think they can rock up and pick up a player who was a stand out in nearly every game for us last season and us only make a £15m profit (if that because we would need to replace him).

They are in a dream world … if you don’t want to pay the £50m then stop leaking stuff to the press or ‘insiders’ to try and force our hand … just keep moving on and find another team you think you are clever enough to fleece.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
What happens if the amount they bid is not the same as Bloom values Cucurella?

The rumour is we want £50m and City want to pay £30m.

Let's put it this way..... You own a house valued at £300k, I come along and knock on your door and say I want to buy it for £150k, will you sell it to me?

But what if the seller's partner has decided that they have had enough of living in the house because they have their heart set on a move to a much flashier but ultimately quite bland house. They are now threatening to do everything in their power to devalue the current property until they can move? Surely, the owner would then be tempted to come back to you with a counter offer somewhere in the middle?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But what if the seller's partner has decided that they have had enough of living in the house because they have their heart set on a move to a much flashier but ultimately quite bland house. They are now threatening to do everything in their power to devalue the current property until they can move? Surely, the owner would then be tempted to come back to you with a counter offer somewhere in the middle?

Maybe but what if I owned the house and decided to give the current tenant a massive new pay increase if he was prepared to live there a bit longer to avoid having to sell the house at a discount. Especially if you’re likely to be back next year with a better offer anyway .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Maybe let's put it this way: Say you you owned a football club and bought a player for £15m a year ago, he still has 4 years left on his contract and he went on to be your best player, and you (as the owner of his registration) value him at £50m+. What if some other rich club, having tried all summer to leak destabilising rumours, offer £30m for said £50m valued player. Would you accept it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought the sellers "partner" was leaving them if they sold up ? ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
as much as want to keep him , city are mad if they spend 50m + on Cucu.

I mean he's good but he isnt world class which is what they desire

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Reality check. City said they want £40m for that donkey ake.

Wouldn’t be accepting even £50m for cucu. £50m with large add ons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

This reminds me of last summer where we spent the entire time arguing about some player from Celtic we were supposedly after; can't remember his name. And people carried on discussing it even though the cub said time and time again that they weren't in for him, and hadn't even enquired after him much less made a bid. All to no avail. Tweet after tweet was quoted, and post after post was made wondering whether he was the right player, and if he was what would be the right fee.

Eventually he went to Palace. So there you are. After all this Cucu will end up at Man U!

I was thinking this was much closer to the Leeds and Ben White situation

- Player of the season vote winner
- self proclaimed MASSIVE club with worlds greatest manager who struggle to get over the line in European finals comes calling
- opposition fans proceed to tell us player wants the move and it will happen as they are so MASSIVE and we are holding him hostage
- buying club suggests insulting prices for player they claim to seriously value
- Brighton hold firm on valuation and buying club pulls out of bidding

If this one goes the same way we can look forward to

- Cucurella stays
- Man City come out saying they won’t pay over the odds for players
- Man City go and buy a cheaper and inferior alternative
- Man City fans proceed with telling us cheaper player X they have signed is so much better and they dodged a bullet not paying the price we requested
- Player X proceeds to be utter shithouse
- Cucurella has a great season and moves for double what Man City offered in previous window

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That article tells us nothing. It quotes Romano's twitter post. Then says it 'understands' it'd take a bid in excess of 50m for Brighton to sell.

It adds nothing to the 'saga' so we're exactly where we've been for the past however many weeks. Namely, City may or may not want him. If they do they'll have to pay what we think is the right price.

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change until a bid has at least been made. This is an incredibly tedious situation at the moment.

Since the last kick of last season this thread has told us nothing - so the article is in good company.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Since the last kick of last season this thread has told us nothing - so the article is in good company.

This is true.

At least at the start of the thread we had the giddy expectation/hope that City would actually, you know, make a bid and we could have an exciting transfer saga to while away the endless days of close/pre season.

Now? We have nearly 4000 posts of bland repetition. It's a long, dull summer ahead if City don't get their finger from out their arse and at least make an effort to inject this rumour with some life.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I like how some City fans on Twitter are saying how ridiculous it is they are going through this with little old Brighton, they will take less than 50 we are the big bad City, etc etc. I didn't think I could hate City fans any more than I already did....but that has changed. Just smug, arrogant pricks and I wouldn't piss one em if they were on fire.

Keep holding firm TB as I know you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports