Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This reminds me of last summer where we spent the entire time arguing about some player from Celtic we were supposedly after; can't remember his name. And people carried on discussing it even though the cub said time and time again that they weren't in for him, and hadn't even enquired after him much less made a bid. All to no avail. Post after post was made wondering whether he was the right player, and if he was what would be the right fee.

Eventually he went to Palace. So there you are. After all this Cucu will end up at Man U!

Dunno man. I think Cucu comes across as sane.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This reminds me of last summer where we spent the entire time arguing about some player from Celtic we were supposedly after; can't remember his name. And people carried on discussing it even though the cub said time and time again that they weren't in for him, and hadn't even enquired after him much less made a bid. All to no avail. Post after post was made wondering whether he was the right player, and if he was what would be the right fee.

Eventually he went to Palace. So there you are. After all this Cucu will end up at Man U!
City havent denied it though..

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not saying they would. But just interesting that a couple of posters would state that after thousands of other posts on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You are aware of how football message boards work? Most of the correspondence is complete and utter BS, particularly when it comes to transfers.

We can however look back on how the Albion do deals these days. Without doubt each player will have a price we are willing to accept, but that price will have to be met. We do not need to sell, Cucu has years left on his current deal and we can pay him more to keep him happy. Bloom does not like to get taken advantage of, and he is now in a position of relative if not absolute strength when it comes to these negotiations.

I think Cucurella would be a great signing for City, he'd bring a lot to that side, but if they try and take the piss with a low ball offer they will be rebuffed.

Also amongst all of this click-bait twitter hoo-ha City are yet to officially table a bid, so the idea that a deal is done is simply garbage at this moment.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Just repeating Romano that a bid is imminent. Which he’s been saying for weeks.

Think with Zinchenko leaving a bid really is imminent. City are wise enough not to low ball and the bid will be sufficient and off he goes, fairly simple really.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tony right now

tony.png

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

That article tells us nothing. It quotes Romano's twitter post. Then says it 'understands' it'd take a bid in excess of 50m for Brighton to sell.

It adds nothing to the 'saga' so we're exactly where we've been for the past however many weeks. Namely, City may or may not want him. If they do they'll have to pay what we think is the right price.

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change until a bid has at least been made. This is an incredibly tedious situation at the moment.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That article tells us nothing. It quotes Romano's twitter post. Then says it 'understands' it'd take a bid in excess of 50m for Brighton to sell.

It adds nothing to the 'saga' so we're exactly where we've been for the past however many weeks. Namely, City may or may not want him. If they do they'll have to pay what we think is the right price.

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change until a bid has at least been made. This is an incredibly tedious situation at the moment.

Quite right. Obviously they’ll make a bid at what they think is fair value to test Tony’s resolve. We’ve made sales of c£100m in the last 12 months so I doubt we need the money. Therefore Tony can hold out for his valuation of £50m plus. Who will buckle?
My guess is that Tony isn’t bluffing and City will fold and move onto someone else.
They state they won’t ‘overpay’.... so what, he’s our player with four years left on his contract. Therefore we dictate the price as we did with Ben White.
There are probably plenty of good Left Backs out there available for £30m or less, so City will hardly be bereft of choices.
Oh, and this is the same club who paid £100m for that floppy haired idiot who largely sits on their bench.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If they bid he is gone, can't think of many other examples of City moving on other than Kane perhaps. They'll get their man!

Bid WHAT though ?

Cucurella is under contract until 2026, which means City will have to come up with an almighty bid of £50m+ (with add-ons) just to get their foot in the door. I am very confident of TB paying hardball with this, and City will naturally have potential alternative targets who are not as pricy.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but this move is not as automatically inevitable as you seem to have convinced yourself it will be.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
By selling Zinchenko to Arsenal for £32 million City have weakened their negotiating position. Now they have cash and no left back cover.

Maybe they think that just because they are City the player will kick up a fuss and the club will be forced to accept a lower price, but I don't think that is going to happen with Cucu, who is such a model pro.

In addition, it is not in Brighton's interests to cave on the asking price, as you make a rod for your own back in future transfer dealings.

According to some sites, City were already up over £30 mill on their summer transfer deals even before Zinchenko, so even paying £50 mill would still leave them £10mill up and having only lost two regular starters (Sterling, Jesus) and gained three (Haaland, Phillips, Cucurella).

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If they bid he is gone, can't think of many other examples of City moving on other than Kane perhaps. They'll get their man!
What happens if the amount they bid is not the same as Bloom values Cucurella?

The rumour is we want £50m and City want to pay £30m.

Let's put it this way..... You own a house valued at £300k, I come along and knock on your door and say I want to buy it for £150k, will you sell it to me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here