[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway from what I gather Romano thinks City will walk away at the price we want.

So that's that.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object.

And only one side - the unstoppable force - actually wants the deal done.

This sounds all over and he's staying.... if Romano is right....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
These rules don’t really apply to Brighton though. Incredibly tight in ensuring any information is leaked. Brighton don’t have control form leaks regarding the other parties, but they won’t be impressed if any information is leaked at all.

For the Cucurella case specifically, I was very surprised with Bloom and Potter going on record to transparently state where the current internet from other parties is at. That also disproved the ‘ITK’ posts (including Romano) from a month ago.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if GP and TB had foxes behind their ears... Maybe a £40m bid/enquiry counts as "no bid" to Tony, and that commenting on it openly was a cheeky way of telling "show us the real cash".

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
"Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of Spanish LaLiga regulations on player registration," Barcelona's statement read."

Barca agreed the contract with Messi.

La Liga then blocked it due to Barca's financial issues.

So the tweet saying that Messi only wanted to stay at Barca was accurate and he was only talking to Barca at the time.

He only joined PSG when staying at Barca was not possible and he was free.

It’s the certainty that grates here. You can’t say Barcelona’s financial status wasn’t well known.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
yep he could well be staying now

Screenshot_20220720-130022_Chrome.jpg

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/4703777/

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Rigggghhht.

So yeh, I’m standing by that then. What he says might be true, but no more than the BBC rumours page might be.

Why I think he’s so popular is that he couches things in such definite terms, and like I say, people have heard the name, so I reckon people are imputing this god like foresight on him. It just serves to make him look a prat when the agent who dropped him the line was only doing it to smoke out interest.

Another truly bizarre take.

Romano "couches things in definite terms" because he checks sources before publishing.

The BBC Gossip column is literally a round-up of stories which the BBC has not verified - hence the "gossip" tag.

He might be wrong occasionally, but you don't get 10m Twitter followers and a great reputation in the business without being bloody good at what you do.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Romano does seem obsessed with this transfer.

He's now pinned the Cucc tweet ! He must be fairly sure of his info.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Another truly bizarre take.

Romano "couches things in definite terms" because he checks sources before publishing.

The BBC Gossip column is literally a round-up of stories which the BBC has not verified - hence the "gossip" tag.

He might be wrong occasionally, but you don't get 10m Twitter followers and a great reputation in the business without being bloody good at what you do.

My point is the sources often have a vested interest in peddling things which aren’t true

Time will tell as far as Marc is concerned.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My point is the sources often have a vested interest in peddling things which aren’t true

And my point is, if Fabrizio Romano did that, he wouldn't have his reputation (within the industry and with punters) or his huge following!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

If a club don't need to sell and don't want to sell, the buying club's idea of a player's value is irrelevant. They ain't going to sell him to you unless you make an offer that demands a reconsideration. That certainly isn't going to be the going rate. If City really think that he's worth £30 million, then they should have no trouble taking that £30 million and buying someone just as good as him. There must be lots of comparable players in similar contract situations for them to have come to the conclusion that £30 million would be the going rate.

I'd guess that City aren't stupid and would be well aware of this. It seems more likely that another journalist is writing utter tosh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect we realise that Cashworth could come in with a £60 million bid next summer anyway so no rush to accept the chicken feed currently presumed to be on offer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Few on bluemoon seem to think fee agreed and deal done today or tomorrow.....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’m going for: Brighton £65m-£45m Man City

Personally think this is bullshit.

No bid made, no selling price will ever be shared from our side.

Journo just clutching at £30m and £50m figures bandied around over the past month

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Few on bluemoon seem to think fee agreed and deal done today or tomorrow.....

Man City have folded and taken the asking price already ?

Nice one, Tony.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This reminds me of last summer where we spent the entire time arguing about some player from Celtic we were supposedly after; can't remember his name. And people carried on discussing it even though the cub said time and time again that they weren't in for him, and hadn't even enquired after him much less made a bid. All to no avail. Tweet after tweet was quoted, and post after post was made wondering whether he was the right player, and if he was what would be the right fee.

Eventually he went to Palace. So there you are. After all this Cucu will end up at Man U!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports