Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apparently the Manchester Evening News yesterday reported Citeh will not want to pay £50m plus for Cucu so are focussing their attention elsewhere. Can’t find the mention at the moment……..

Good news and bad news:

“The Athletic report that City are set to begin talks with Brighton over the coming days, but may yet walk away from a potential deal. The Seagulls are said to be expecting something similar to the £50million they received from Arsenal for Ben White last summer.”

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Citeh won't get him for less than £50m. We're not a charity. They have a bottomless pity of soleless money.

It's like a millionaire walking past a homeless person and giving them 10p to makes ends meet.

Cough up or F off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news and bad news:

“The Athletic report that City are set to begin talks with Brighton over the coming days, but may yet walk away from a potential deal. The Seagulls are said to be expecting something similar to the £50million they received from Arsenal for Ben White last summer.”

Gets better if you read further, are they really playing poker with TB? Why would we let our player of the season go for the same as White?

“It is claimed though that City are prepared to end their pursuit should the fee approach that mark” ( Ben White fee)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good news and bad news:

It sounds like that "negotiation" will last less than a minute.

Certainly no need for Man City to put albion on their Friends and Family list for long phonecalls. Lol.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
When we sold White for £50m there was room to debate whether he was our third or fourth best centre back. Arguments both ways.

Cucu is by a country mile our best left back and probably our best left back ever.

White was never going to be missed. Cucu is a different kettle of fish entirely.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When we sold White for £50m there was room to debate whether he was our third or fourth best centre back. Arguments both ways.

Cucu is by a country mile our best left back and probably our best left back ever.

White was never going to be missed. Cucu is a different kettle of fish entirely.

That’s not the only thing that makes a difference though is it? Whilst I get your point Whites value was probably never going to be 50m if he didn’t have the English tax, if White were Spanish I’d have put his value at probably 15m less, you only need to look at Maguire… Maguire was fantastic for Leicester but worth nowhere near the money United paid for him, being homegrown to tick one off the quota adds massive value to the buying club.

50/60m I think is the correct price range for Cucurella but boot being on the other foot if I was City I would still say that kind of price is a gamble, he’s an incredible tablet and has even bigger potential but his final ball and decision making at times last season was questionable sometimes.

I’d be absolutely gutted if he left fwiw but you can see why City see 50m as a gamble plus the fact he might not even be a starter with Walker/Cancelo on the books.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
My view on this has never changed. Brighton will only sell Cucurella for an unfairly inflated price above his market value. As seen with White and Bissouma, we’d be extremely stubborn unless the demands are met. City can afford that, but I can see them being put off and looking elsewhere. City are also not in desperate need for a LB as people think, as another season with Walker at RB and Cancelo out of position at LB is still very strong.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For the small band of Fabrizio Romano devotees, here’s his latest musings dressed up as facts and inside information.

Note that he covers all bases including no bid being made, an alternative player and widely varying numbers, so that he can’t have egg on his face come September 2nd.

View attachment 150064
View attachment 150065

On 16 June Romano said “City are now ready proceed’ with their first bid, with ‘advanced talks’ expected between both clubs ‘in the next days”.

Weeks later TB revealed he’d never heard from them.

"The first thing that HAS to happen, is for Zinchenko to leave. Zinchenko has to leave and THEN they will be able to try for Cucurella. They sold Gabriel Jesus and now they have Erling Haaland. They sold Raheem Sterling and now they have Julian Alvarez..."

Err...

They signed Haaland WEEKS BEFORE Jesus was sold.

They signed Alvarez MONTHS BEFORE Sterling was sold.

More utter misinformation, to support his speculative clickbait bullshit. :tosser:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[tweet]1549676764955287553[/tweet]

Personal terms almost agreed again :moo:

I suppose if he guesses often enough he’ll get something right eventually

He’s agreed personal terms so many times now he’s probably already had several pay rises from City and he hasn’t even signed for them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
[tweet]1549676764955287553[/tweet]

Personal terms almost agreed again :moo:

I suppose if he guesses often enough he’ll get something right eventually

Unfortunately his 10m followers is a result of being right most of the time and having a fair bit of inside knowledge (aka knowing a ton of agents).

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Unfortunately his 10m followers is a result of being right most of the time and having a fair bit of inside knowledge (aka knowing a ton of agents).

I think your find that he only tweets the most obviouse deals like city needing a lb, and put 2+2= 5.
He has only repeated what he tweeted 4 weeks ago, another chancer tweets bollox most of the time, gets 1 or 2 correct and everyone thinks he is ITK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here