Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok probably worded that wrong....They will probably offer us 35m for an upgrade

Bluemoon posters would probably agree with a higher number than that. The FB sub-life think they should get him for peanuts, and we should be grateful, or else get someone twice as good at half the price (like deluded Leeds 'we can't have Ben White so the no-mark we got in is better' syndrome).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I believe the club when they say ‘no bid’.

However, that does not preclude there having been an enquiry. An enquiry that probably resulted in an eye watering response. If this has happened, City will be looking at all options very closely indeed, this will include what players they could ship out in order to keep the right side of FFP and also what other targets they might consider.

I would guess that they received a very different response from Leeds when asking about the availability of Philips. Leeds were looking at a substantial rebuild and wanted the cash in the bank early, we are a different proposition. There is also 7 weeks left of the window, I don’t think that they are necessarily leaving it so long, it’s more a reflection on the difficulty of prising Cucu from our grasp. I hope they move on soon and sign someone else!

That’s my guess.

‘Hello, City here, we want Cucu…….how much?’

‘Dunno, but unless you’re starting at 60 with add-ons Uncle Tony won’t pick up the phone’

‘Ah….er……ok…..we’ll get back to you’

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I agree, I'm normally one of the first to stick the boot in on a Saturday afternoon when we've not got the result we wanted and I'll admit that I'm probably the most pessimistic of fans on this forum. But also one of the most sensible posters. Those posts you're referring too are usually just out of frustration more then anything and the usual helmets ALWAYS bite. I think that says more about them.

The club are in safe hands, and get 95% of decisions right, especially transfer business. There will always be fans out there who won't be satisfied unless we spend £50m a season, or obscene amounts of money on an "accomplished" striker.

I've said since the end of last season, I don't see us splashing out, I think we've signed our striker in Undav. I think we have Trossard's replacement here in Sarmiento. The only thing I want us to do now is to get Caicedo a longer deal, to improve the fee we get for him. If we do that and also get Alex McAllister an extension then this summer would have been an excellent window, providing we replace Cucurella if/when he leaves.

Got £20 with a pal that we'll finish 9th or above this season, I wanted 10th but he wouldn't take it!

You should make this post your signature.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For the small band of Fabrizio Romano devotees, here’s his latest musings dressed up as facts and inside information.

Note that he covers all bases including no bid being made, an alternative player and widely varying numbers, so that he can’t have egg on his face come September 2nd.

FAA0B890-786E-482F-9051-38ACFE99E32E.png
DAD599D5-D81C-405F-AACE-1D63A3D90551.png

On 16 June Romano said “City are now ready proceed’ with their first bid, with ‘advanced talks’ expected between both clubs ‘in the next days”.

Weeks later TB revealed he’d never heard from them.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
For the small band of Fabrizio Romano devotees, here’s his latest musings dressed up as facts and inside information.

Note that he covers all bases including no bid being made, an alternative player and widely varying numbers, so that he can’t have egg on his face come September 2nd.

View attachment 150064
View attachment 150065

On 16 June Romano said “City are now ready proceed’ with their first bid, with ‘advanced talks’ expected between both clubs ‘in the next days”.

Weeks later TB revealed he’d never heard from them.
Never heard or Never received a bid?

Entirely possible they enquired on a price and put them off.

Or they are playing the long game.

Either way if they won't pay then he's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

City will be expecting to get Cuca for around 35 million and no more than 40! Will we let him go for that but with add ons?. As above posts we'll never hear the amount but i hope Tony isn't forced to sell him on the cheap due to player forcing the move!! Cuca without doubt will want the chance to play for City and who can blame him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
City will be expecting to get Cuca for around 35 million and no more than 40! Will we let him go for that but with add ons?. As above posts we'll never hear the amount but i hope Tony isn't forced to sell him on the cheap due to player forcing the move!! Cuca without doubt will want the chance to play for City and who can blame him.
A scenario which looks ever more likely with every passing sulking PR shot of him. :rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, we won't let him go for such a low price.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...palace-charge-fans-this-season-3774158?page=5
When your fans are paying more than virtually all other PL teams for season tickets your fans expect to hold onto the best player. Over to you Tony. Do you care?

Sorry. This website is clickbait bollox. They have not used a person familiar with very basic maths to get their average because they want people from Sussex to click on the website. However, it’s understandable how a Leeds fan could fall for this nonsense so please to beat yourself up.

It states that our average season ticket price is £702.50. Rubbish!

In reality, out of the 17 season ticket price categories, only 2 (two) are above £702. It’s impossible that the average could be that high. But don’t take my word for it, see below and do the math yourself.

0b714f21180b44287d7515d603c1af9c.jpg

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Season tickets make up a tiny amount of revenue. Paying £100 more for season tickets means a grand total of about £2million. If ‘fans’ think that makes much difference they are a bit deluded.

Odd thing to write to a The Leeds fan...

...oh no sorry, as you were. :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not long now until the Man City fans declare "he's crap and we didn't want him anyway". Lol.

Last edited:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Sorry. This website is clickbait bollox. They have not used a person familiar with very basic maths to get their average because they want people from Sussex to click on the website. However, it’s understandable how a Leeds fan could fall for this nonsense so please to beat yourself up.

It states that our average season ticket price is £702.50. Rubbish!

In reality, out of the 17 season ticket price categories, only 2 (two) are above £702. It’s impossible that the average could be that high. But don’t take my word for it, see below and do the math yourself.

0b714f21180b44287d7515d603c1af9c.jpg

Also if the average they are using is the mean it can get skewed by a small number of very expensive tickets (perhaps they included 1901 prices to get their average). In terms of affordability what’s important is the cheapest tickets (as long as there a sensible number of them) and prices in for a family in the family area.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Apparently the Manchester Evening News yesterday reported Citeh will not want to pay £50m plus for Cucu so are focussing their attention elsewhere. Can’t find the mention at the moment……..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here