Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Relax mate! Most of us aren't having a go at the club, just speculating about possible ins and outs and how much we think the price should be!

Not like you to get your facts wrong though - we didn't sign Caceido in the last twelve months - and to be extremely picky, both Mwepu and Scerpen have been here longer than a year too!
:wink::)

It’s Caicedo not Caceido . (Haha)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If he goes, it will be for an undisclosed fee, and all the Man City friendly national sports journalists will quote the figure City leak to them, which will be a bare minimum paid. Cue outrage on here. Followed by Andy Naylor and Brian Owen reporting what their Brighton sauces have told them about how it's much more than is being reported (probably because they are including all payments including add ons). Just as with Bissouma. Just as it is for so many of our transfers.

Yes, I'm in the 'not getting too fixated on trnasfer fees' camp.

Agree completely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used to get angsty during transfer windows but I am now very chilled about it. I don't expect us to be challenging for Europe and I don't think we are light in any position. Cucu leaving would leave us light at LB but I trust the club to have it covered if it happens.

I don't want him to go but if the stars align it's a no brainer that he will, me getting wound up about it will not help in any way :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I used to get angsty during transfer windows but I am now very chilled about it. I don't expect us to be challenging for Europe and I don't think we are light in any position. Cucu leaving would leave us light at LB but I trust the club to have it covered if it happens.

I don't want him to go but if the stars align it's a no brainer that he will, me getting wound up about it will not help in any way :shrug:
He will go if City want him, two major players leaving won’t be good with Cucurella and Bissouma we still went on long winless runs and losing streaks, without those major players it could get concerning.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
See, I don't look at Mac Allister in that role as a compromise. The fact that he wears no. 10 and has scored a couple of coals belies the fact that's he's actually an excellent defensive midfielder. With him and Caicedo in midfield, I actually think that it's a very good option.

To your point though, transfer windows are so tedious generally. The noise is invariably louder than the activity and I trust the transfer team at Brighton now, more than ever

Yep. I'm excited to see a regular midfield three of Mac Allister, Caicedo and Mwepu. I think Mac is a natural in that deeper role and actually more suited to it than playing further forward.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He will go if City want him, two major players leaving won’t be good with Cucurella and Bissouma we still went on long winless runs and losing streaks, without those major players it could get concerning.

Justice, you're a glass half empty person like myself, I salute your relentless, life-sapping negatively. Losing CuCu and Biss would be like this board losing Kosh and Ernest in one season, a complete and utter khazi, no matter how people try and dress it up.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Wise words. Honestly, I'm actually past caring about transfer speculation these days - from the players we're interested in to the amount we'll get for our players. I just have absolute faith in the whole club and the far-reaching highly competent recruitment team. They've earned it. For well over a decade now, this club has taken incremental steps forward (admittedly with the occasional step back) so whatever they are doing seems to work. I'll just wait for the season to start and not worry about who is here on that day. We've got absolutely no reason to be fearful, such is the professionalism of the recruitment team.

I mean obviously I hope Cucu will still be here as he is probably the best left back to ever play for the club, but que sera sera. We've already got players coming in who we've never really seen and I'm quite excited about - Undav, Mitoma, JPVH and so on.

This.

Worrying about things out of your control is always pointless. But in this case, why is anyone worrying at all? This club's recruitment affairs have NEVER been as well run, and is arguably the best in the whole league if not in world football (as mad as that sounds). We've just sold our 5th or 6th best centre-back to Italy's third best team for as much as ten million pounds. It is absolutely mental.

And This.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’m feeling incredibly chilled, even on this, the hottest day ever. Our squad looks stronger and more together than it’s ever been. I genuinely don’t think Cucarella will leave this window, but even if he does it will be for an unbelievable sum of money, like half the cost of building the Amex. Right now, we are probably one of the best run clubs in the world. Let that sink in and enjoy an nice ice tea / coffee while you’re at it. UTA.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Justice, you're a glass half empty person like myself, I salute your relentless, life-sapping negatively. Losing CuCu and Biss would be like this board losing Kosh and Ernest in one season, a complete and utter khazi, no matter how people try and dress it up.
I’m a realist rather than a negative type, like my work I like things done properly trying to patch things up with band aid rarely works in the long run.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’m a realist rather than a negative type, like my work I like things done properly trying to patch things up with band aid rarely works in the long run.

I bet you’re a bundle of joy to work with.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

The shame a football fan reading anything by the Sun. I refuse to open.

Fair enough. I’ve deleted it. It’s in Twitter anyway - not The Sun itself.

All summer though it’s really not been the case that if City want Cucurella he’s off. He clearly could be too expensive for them given Blooms “hands off” pricing. Or he’s not been much of a priority anyway. Why are they allowing him to do pre season with us and getting kicked and hacked at Reading and Brentford for example if he’s their no 1 signing as notandynaylor pointed out. .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fair enough. I’ve deleted it. It’s in Twitter anyway - not The Sun itself.

All summer though it’s really not been the case that if City want Cucurella he’s off. He clearly could be too expensive for them given Blooms “hands off” pricing. Or he’s not been much of a priority anyway. Why are they allowing him to do pre season with us and getting kicked and hacked at Reading and Brentford for example if he’s their no 1 signing as notandynaylor pointed out. .

I really hope he stays as he’s a super player with a great engine and I enjoy watching him play. Unfortunately we all know City have the financial capabilities to pay whatever we ask if they really want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here