Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, I (still) disagree with the vast majority of contributions on this thread.
If City come, and if City pay the right amount, he'll be off.
Go back and have a look at the posts on the Bissouma thread, and the fees stipulated by numerous posters. We ended up with about £25m up front with plenty of add-ons. The 'right' amount will disappoint many.

The amount will be known by hardly any…..:shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
dazzer you are almost solely responsible for keeping this thread high up on the board day after day, increasing the hit count on Twitter accounts with no credibility whatsoever, thus fuelling the fire, why?

I can understand those people who neither use NSC or avoid it over the off-season, because it saves being subjected to a lot of needless nail biting baseless speculation that serves no real purpose.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, I (still) disagree with the vast majority of contributions on this thread.
Go back and have a look at the posts on the Bissouma thread, and the fees stipulated by numerous posters. We ended up with about £25m up front with plenty of add-ons. The 'right' amount will disappoint many.
Two completely different scenarios though, Cucurella doesn’t have 1 year left on his contract. If we can sell Ben White to Arsenal for £50m I’m quite sure the club can negotiate a proper deal for Cucurella.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
dazzer you are almost solely responsible for keeping this thread high up on the board day after day, increasing the hit count on Twitter accounts with no credibility whatsoever, thus fuelling the fire, why?

I can understand those people who neither use NSC or avoid it over the off-season, because it saves being subjected to a lot of needless nail biting baseless speculation that serves no real purpose.

Don’t open it then :shrug:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Bissouma had one year left on his contract. Cucurella has four.

Advantage Tony Bloom

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Ridiculous comparison. If Bloom managed to negotiate a deal worth up to £35mill from Daniel Levy on a player entering the final year of his contract he sure won’t be letting our player of the season who is 1 year into a 5 year deal move for anything less than a club record fee

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ridiculous comparison. If Bloom managed to negotiate a deal worth up to £35mill from Daniel Levy on a player entering the final year of his contract he sure won’t be letting our player of the season who is 1 year into a 5 year deal move for anything less than a club record fee

I'm not making a comparison between the players contract situations, nor their quality. I'm making a comparison between the expectations of posters on here. I would have thought that wasn't too difficult to grasp, but ho hum.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm not making a comparison between the players contract situations, nor their quality. I'm making a comparison between the expectations of posters on here. I would have thought that wasn't too difficult to grasp, but ho hum.

You can’t make a comparison by ignoring the facts that influence your opinion.

Cucurella having a longer contract is very relevant.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You can’t make a comparison by ignoring the facts that influence your opinion.

Of course it's relevant, but relevant to what? I suggest you have a look at Bozza's post a few posts back, and start from there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Ben White was only 1 year into a new deal, had played for and gone to a major tournament with England and played every minute of every game for us - and we only got £50M !

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

We got a lot more than £35m for Biss per Paul Barber.

Absolutely he'll be off IF City meet the Clubs price. That's the way it goes, it's how we got him, Enciso, Undav, Mitouma and every other player we (and every other club) have signed for a fee, by meeting the price. Those that didn't sign, the price wasn't met.

So the question is, will Citeh pay what TB is asking?

We don't know. That Romaro bloke hasn't a fricken clue what TB wants. Everything is pure conjecture.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ben White was only 1 year into a new deal, had played for and gone to a major tournament with England and played every minute of every game for us - and we only got £50M !

Cucurella is one year into a new deal, he played nearly every minute from the day he joined, he will go to the WC with Spain, White played in a position we had cover in ( better than him) and he wanted to go. Cucurella bids should start at 50 million, and probably move to 60 million. Manchester City need a player in his position.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Cucurella is one year into a new deal, he played nearly every minute from the day he joined, he will go to the WC with Spain, White played in a position we had cover in ( better than him) and he wanted to go. Cucurella bids should start at 50 million, and probably move to 60 million. Manchester City need a player in his position.

So Tony Bloom sells a player in practically same circumstances (except Cucu has 0 Spain call ups) for £10M less because we have cover ? Not sure that’s how he works - especially with ‘English tax’

But anyway my point is contract is kind of important but not massively when you get to this valuation IMO

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

The difference here is that we appear to want to keep the player. Cucurella may go, but Bloom will get the price he wants. City can afford it and we know it. Any attempt at short changing us will be met with short shrift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here