Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I saw an interview with Cuc where he was talking about how hard it was for him and his family to settle in and how much the Albion helped him with this. I think this may massively favour him staying another season, rather than picking them all up and moving again within 12 months.

He is only 23 and from what I've seen, it certainly won't be his last chance to star in one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in Europe. The longer City delay, the less likely I think it will happen as the price will go up, and I can't see Cuc pushing for the move :shrug:

I've gone and done it now, haven't I :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I saw an interview with Cuc where he was talking about how hard it was for him and his family to settle in and how much the Albion helped him with this. I think this may massively favour him staying another season, rather than picking them all up and moving again within 12 months.

He is only 23 and from what I've seen, it certainly won't be his last chance to star in one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in Europe. The longer City delay, the less likely I think it will happen as the price will go up, and I can't see Cuc pushing for the move :shrug:

Maybe, but I agree with you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Based on no inside knowledge at all I’m guessing 60% this and 40% he’s leaving. He does seem to be front and centre of a lot of the training videos and pics being released which would be a bit odd if discussions had started (this, plus his public statements about finding it difficult to settle are influencing my guess)

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA

I concur. I think he absolutely vastly enjoys playing here going by his comments and just the joy he displays on the pitch and towards the fans. City clearly has the money, so not 100 percent sure what the delay is. It's a nerve wracking waiting game but really all we can do. Glad went to the liquor yesterday as far as that goes:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t underestimate the say that his wife may have. Hopefully if they do fly up for talks it’ll be a shitty Manchester rainy day and she puts her foot down and says NO :smile:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So City have sold their only left back before they signed a new one? Kind of weakens their negotiating position. If they do come for Marc we need to rinse them for so much money.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think the very best we can hope for here is that we agree a new contract that probably at least doubles his wages, with a clause that he can leave next year.
Otherwise, take the +£50m and move on, and perhaps try and negotiate a first refusal buy back if it doesn’t work out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I know nothing at all, but I disgaree *IF* City want him.

If they do, I believe a deal will be struck.

Cucurella will only do and say the right things in the public eye - he's clearly a decent chap with a sensible head on his shoulders, but the chance to go to one go the biggest and richest clubs in the world and play Champions League football for Pep Guardiola doesn't come along very often. And if you miss it, there's absolutely no guarantee it will come along again. I'm not saying he'll act like a dick to force a move, but I'm sure he'll let it be known, internally at least, that he wants away.

As I say though, this is all dependent on City actually pursuing him.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Perhaps El Cuckoo is looking at houses in Ditchling to make the commute to Manchester a little bit easier. Makes sense.
Are you saying MC is house hunting locally? Sorry i cant keep up with all the rumour mill. Obviously you can pull put any stage. I have after exchange. Well worth it. But not many do and if MC is looking in Sussex its encouraging. If we wanna push on in2 Europe we need his quality.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I (still) disagree with the vast majority of contributions on this thread.
If City come, and if City pay the right amount, he'll be off.
Go back and have a look at the posts on the Bissouma thread, and the fees stipulated by numerous posters. We ended up with about £25m up front with plenty of add-ons. The 'right' amount will disappoint many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here