[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another so called reporter in the know claiming city will get Cuca but no more than 40 million..they(city) simply will not pay over inflated prices!!
It's lucky we haven't over inflated the price then lol.

Pay the price tag, get the player.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Re: ZInchenko. City wanted a new left back this summer. They still want a new left back. That might be Cucurella. But then again if its not him, then it will be someone else.
Perhaps Albion really will price him at X and City will look elsewhere.
If they've actually made a bid or have progressed with Cucurella deal then i've no doubt Ornstein etc would be reporting that as well. So far. They haven't.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Re: ZInchenko. City wanted a new left back this summer. They still want a new left back. That might be Cucurella. But then again if its not him, then it will be someone else.
Perhaps Albion really will price him at X and City will look elsewhere.
If they've actually made a bid or have progressed with Cucurella deal then i've no doubt Ornstein etc would be reporting that as well. So far. They haven't.

I think much like Brighton strategy there’s an element of trying to get the replacement lined up before selling, otherwise selling club knows you’ve got £25M in your pocket from the player you’ve moved on

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think much like Brighton strategy there’s an element of trying to get the replacement lined up before selling, otherwise selling club knows you’ve got £25M in your pocket from the player you’ve moved on

It's like Villa did their incoming transfers before the news of them selling Grealish for £100m was known. Saved them getting rinsed.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
And us bringing in Mwepu a year before we sold Biss. It's all about succession planning. We are actively in the market, it seems for a LB/LWB but that doesn't necessarily mean that we are looking to sell CUCu now. Ideally I think we'd like to hold onto him for another 12 months or more but we have to be realistic that if a bid of £50m / £60m comes in from City that we would probably look to sell. To do that we'd need someone in who could take up that position straight away.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's like Villa did their incoming transfers before the news of them selling Grealish for £100m was known. Saved them getting rinsed.
Or did it? Still feels like they overspent somewhat on Ings, Buendia and Bailey given their combined output last season. Early days for the latter two I admit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

The ideal scenario is that we get in Bassey to replace Burn (with PvH replacing Duffy in the squad), get Tag from Ajax and get this promising Wilson LB guy from Citeh in PX plus £50m+ for Cucu.

Edit - if we have to sell Cucu!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I love Cucu, but if we get a large fee for him(Which I think we can) then it is what it is, as long as we get some good replacements in for him such as Bassey and use the fee for some other help also.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
More posts on their Cucurella thread than ours now :lolol::lolol:

I had a look, Wow what a bunch of idiots, believe everything that looks good on them whilst the rest is all made up crap. They are worse than Leeds fans . How dare Brighton hold them to ransom. Entitled bunch of F$#k wits.
I read through the thread about whats more important to win Prem or Champions league. They say Prem because they want the media and everyone else to say they are the best team ever in the wworld.
Hopefully they win F@$k all this season

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Gonna throw this out there because it’s pure speculation but if it’s Tag and Bassey in and Cucu out we are in a stronger position this season than last.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a look, Wow what a bunch of idiots, believe everything that looks good on them whilst the rest is all made up crap. They are worse than Leeds fans . How dare Brighton hold them to ransom. Entitled bunch of F$#k wits.
I read through the thread about whats more important to win Prem or Champions league. They say Prem because they want the media and everyone else to say they are the best team ever in the wworld.
Hopefully they win F@$k all this season

Yep. Def a few going down the ‘who the **** do Brighton think they are, if we want him, we’ll get him and at a price we want to pay’ route now. Loads of references also to us ‘kicking them off the park’ in that 3-2 win as well - genuinely don’t recall the game being like that.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Gonna throw this out there because it’s pure speculation but if it’s Tag and Bassey in and Cucu out we are in a stronger position this season than last.

You’d probably have to think of it as Tag and Bassey for Cucu and Burn. I struggle to think pretty much anyone is an upgrade on Cucu. But this lad could be an upgrade on Burn for sure

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep. Def a few going down the ‘who the **** do Brighton think they are, if we want him, we’ll get him and at a price we want to pay’ route now. Loads of references also to us ‘kicking them off the park’ in that 3-2 win as well - genuinely don’t recall the game being like that.

We got kicked in the first half, then a great run by Foden early in the second half, thereafter we kicked them again and again and again. Right up there with one of the best Amex experiences for me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We got kicked in the first half, then a great run by Foden early in the second half, thereafter we kicked them again and again and again. Right up there with one of the best Amex experiences for me.

Oh that was a magnificent night…I was just grateful to get a ticket so I could attend a game again …went expecting a thrashing …that one will live long in the memory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports