[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so anytime anything is mentioned by any manchester schoolboy on twitter its all over nsc as gospel that he is signing for them, yet when Naylor, and the Athletic ,are reporting talks with Cucurella about an improved and extended contract there is silence on here? Its like people want him to go and simply ignore anything suggesting he may stay

I would love him to stay with us and certainly don't want man City to have him. I think keeping him will be a statement of intent from us that we intend to gatecrash the top 6 or 7

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think TB just likes telling the big clubs (and Leeds and Newcastle) where to go

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My hunch is that we'll sign Tagliafico and sell Cucurella in the next week or two. City got a big pile of cash coming in with the sales of Ake and Sterling. The big clubs like to get their transfer activity done early and this may well be what City have been waiting for.
To reiterate what I've said previously, we'll get somewhere between £50m and £60m for Cucurella, although the fee will be 'undisclosed'. That would be phenomenal business, given we spent c£15m on him less than a year ago, even more so if we get Tagliafico for the reported £3m.

Agree.

I do think there will be significant add-on’s on top of the £60m, taking it to nearer £65m

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sterling deal done.

So does cookie go next week ?

Quite depressing to lose our 2 best players in one pre season.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think these kind of leaks are made to force city's hand.

And things like this are said to down play what we’ll pay for players :smile:

Tony Bloom says Albion are under no pressure to sign players - despite Yves Bissouma’s departure to Tottenham.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think these kind of leaks are made to force city's hand.

That was my first thought - agent leaks it to try and really test Man City

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another so called reporter in the know claiming city will get Cuca but no more than 40 million..they(city) simply will not pay over inflated prices!!

They had better look elsewhere if they want a bargain then

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another so called reporter in the know claiming city will get Cuca but no more than 40 million..they(city) simply will not pay over inflated prices!!

What utter, utter BS. Luckily, we know that TB would only take a club record fee.

We also know that Citeh pay a high premium for their players and what TB will be asking for (£50m-£75m) is well within their budget.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Ridiculous. £60M+ is where the bidding starts. Genuinely hope they jog on now and we smash it next season. Then they can come back in 12 months to find all the prices of our players have gone up. Seagulls! UTA.

Ridiculous. £60M+ is where the bidding starts. Genuinely hope they jog on now and we smash it next season. Then they can come back in 12 months to find all the prices of our players have gone up. Seagulls! UTA.

Yes, it was talked about this morning on talk sport and Crooksey suggested that he doubts Cuca will go anywhere this transfer window. Made me laugh that 1 of them either Jim White or Danny Murphy laughed at the Brighton expectation of 50 million......"What" was the reaction of 1 of them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, it was talked about this morning on talk sport and Crooksey suggested that he doubts Cuca will go anywhere this transfer window. Made me laugh that 1 of them either Jim White or Danny Murphy laughed at the Brighton expectation of 50 million......"What" was the reaction of 1 of them

It's quite apparent many of our fans still don't understand the club's methods.

I don't know why you'd expect better from TalkSport presenters.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Think that was Danny Murphy. I dont get what they expect. I know its talkshite but it only takes 30 seconds of thinking about it to get on board with our valuation. Yeah lets give one of our best players away to mega rich man city for say £30m, an amount that is peanuts to them, all the while City themselves are wanting £40m for bench player Nathan Ake! For me Cucurella's value in terms of just his playing quality is around the £40m mark, but for so many other reasons that we've all listed they are going to have to pay well over his actual value in order to make Tony think ''yeah this deal is worth doing''. So for that reason it'll be in the 55-60 region. & if they dont want to pay that then okay, no worries, but a deal wont happen. We dont want or need it to happen.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

its like they have short memories and dont recall the Ben White deal or even Bissouma in last year of contract. or they think we should just bow down and be grateful the mighty city want one of our players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports