Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Second talented youngster to leave in such circumstances in 2022, Toby Collyer to Man Utd and now Sturge. Contrast them with the Evan Fergusson interview in The Athletic where he chose Brighton over Liverpool because of the clear pathway to the first team.

Going to be interesting to see how the other two get on.

Totally agree. It might or it might not work out but my immediate reaction is “short termism” - choosing cash over playing career. I’m afraid it doesn’t speak well of their character

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I know a guy who chose Chelsea over a smaller team as a kid, huge talent lost in their system, did the lower leagues for a bit, highlight was a season at MK before retiring before 30, very comfortable in life and without the need to work again. Depends what you want from life really but teams like Chelsea throw a lot of money at kids, I can see the temptation.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What is the score on that, will we be compensated ?

We would be compensated if indeed he does choose to leave. The amount would depend on a variety of factors (length of time with us/age/international recognition/interest from other clubs). The highest ever compensation was paid out when Danny Ings went to Liverpool. Burnley got £6.5m plus £1.5m in add-ons based on appearances and a 20% sell-on fee. Sturridge to Chelsea was about half that. Harvey Elliot was 1.5 mill us nearly 3 in add ons.

So maybe we could get a million or 2 plus a sell-on for Sturge. This is all very much hypothetical at the moment as we don't know if he's going or not.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Blue Moon forum is so full of crap. Apparently we are shit fans who bullied them when we dared to win. We only wanted 30m prior to Citeh wanting him.

What a load of pricks.

Oh and apparently we killed Laporte.

The only memory I have is when he injured himself assaulting Webster up there. Didn't even get booked.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blue Moon forum is so full of crap. Apparently we are shit fans who bullied them when we dared to win. We only wanted 30m prior to Citeh wanting him.

What a load of pricks.

The only memory I have is when he injured himself assaulting Webster up there. Didn't even get booked.

It was a GBH attempt by Laporte, zero sympathy from me, he could have crocked Webster as badly as he ended up crocking himself. Big team bias by the ref there, terrible tackle.that an Albion player would have been sent off for.

So much bollocks spouted about Cucu. Apparently we were going to be happy with 17.5 million at the start of this saga :rolleyes:

I loved Pep and the City fans outrage that we hadn't rolled over for them when we beat them at the Amex, I mean how bloody dare we :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was a GBH attempt by Laporte, zero sympathy from me, he could have crocked Webster as badly as he ended up crocking himself. Big team bias by the ref there, terrible tackle.that an Albion player would have been sent off for.

So much bollocks spouted about Cucu. Apparently we were going to be happy with 17.5 million at the start of this saga :rolleyes:

I loved Pep and the City fans outrage that we hadn't rolled over for them when we beat them at the Amex, I mean how bloody dare we :lolol:

I agree. I'm sort of lost when they keep going on about the fans during that game. We celebrated winning a game can't remember anything else happening.

Love the fact we as a club are being entitled and arrogant in not allowing them to take Cucurella even though as of yet there's been no official approach or bid. Very odd people on there.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know a guy who chose Chelsea over a smaller team as a kid, huge talent lost in their system, did the lower leagues for a bit, highlight was a season at MK before retiring before 30, very comfortable in life and without the need to work again. Depends what you want from life really but teams like Chelsea throw a lot of money at kids, I can see the temptation.

I liked Leon Knight:D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

What a load of pricks.

It’s all turned very bitter on there today…….:laugh::laugh:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018

What a load of pricks.

I remember that vicious foul which resulted in a self-inflicted injury that put Laporte out for months and could easily have finished Webster's career. At home though I think.

Nobody died. Although the ref acted like a zombie.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Blue Moon forum is so full of crap. Apparently we are shit fans who bullied them when we dared to win.

Funny reading that loads of them thought Brighton fans & players were alright, but that we all acted out of character that night.

I thought I'd do some research to see whether anything was different that night that might have altered the perception that City fans have had of Brighton since we've been in the EPL.

I checked 11v11.

12 Aug 2017 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City L 0-2 Premier League
09 May 2018 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 3-1 Premier League
29 Sep 2018 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 2-0 Premier League
06 Apr 2019 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 FA Cup
12 May 2019 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City L 1-4 Premier League
31 Aug 2019 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 4-0 Premier League
11 Jul 2020 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City L 0-5 Premier League
13 Jan 2021 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 1-0 Premier League
18 May 2021 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City W 3-2 Premier League
23 Oct 2021 Brighton and Hove Albion v Manchester City L 1-4 Premier League
20 Apr 2022 Manchester City v Brighton and Hove Albion L 3-0 Premier League

Any clues anybody?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I used to know a City fan back in the 70s. Actually came from Manchester so a real supporter.

Little bit of a tw@t, but otherwise not too bad. Got on OK with him.

On the other hand the Utd. fans of the day that I had contact with - some were alright, others real rankers.

Personal observation - as you were.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

What a load of pricks.

He did get booked, whilst being carried off on the stretcher.

Anyone at the Etihad that day knows full well that he injured himself making a cynical tackle to prevent Webster continuing a dangerous counter. Anyone saying different has to be an armchair fan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sporting Life still banging on about him going to City and that he should.

The inescapable and profoundly distributing fact is that if Pep has told the Citeh owners he wants Cucu, at some point soon, they’ll just pay the absurd fee TB is asking for. Hopefully sooner rather than later if he has to go.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here