Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I got my first Gatorade bottle at mile 7 or 8, on the way out to Ovingdean. It was wonderful, really hit the spot. Bottes are the way forward, the cups were a nightmare and I just used them to soak my head and neck - which was glorious. Very little of it made it into my face.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I chatted to a female runner during the power station bit. She told me she was sick of the taste of Gatorade by that stage, and wanted something more savoury. I think she was planning to neck someones beer along the seafront....:)

Was a bit disapointed with the Gatorage protein recovery drink at the finish. A bit too sweet really, I much prefered the Goodness Shakes chocolate drink they used to give out.

Though a pint of Hophead hit the mark :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I missed the bottles and will certainly go for them next year. As to sprinklers people were using the beach shower near Hove Lagoon as a solitary shower.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
London Marathon - 3rd Marathon next week, looking to finally get under the 4 hour mark after just missing out on previous attempts. For the first time I feel I have learnt to properly train for a marathon and stay injury free(ish).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So which will be your next marathon or ultra folks & what number will it be?

Mine is Bewl reservoir marathon on 9th May & will be number 86.

:rave:

Three Forts in May (#38 I think), Arun River Marathon in May then a 3 weeks taper before the 'big one' SDW 100 miler in June. Sh*tting myself.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yay - lots of beer & sugary food before the training in a few months?

Is that Brighton? And how many have you finished so far (in total)

Yes. Brighton. Mid April next year so an extra week after Xmas training. Finished Brighton for 3 years and 4th next year, fingers crossed.
The beer will be consumed this summer with 9 days in total at the Ashes Tests. My PB was at the Ageas Bowl last year with 12 pints. Unlikely to break that this summer but I am prepared to put in the training and give it a go. May try the Parkruns in Nottingham and Cardiff but more likely not to!
Will be following Ultra Dazzer's advice before that and getting out on the Downs.

Marathon & Ultras updates

Thanks for the updates so far. I'll keep a table of how many marathons/ultras each person has ran & when your next one will be. Will be helpful for motivation, advice, meet ups etc:

TotallyFreaked: 2 - London April 2015
dazzer6666: 37 - Three Forts May 2015
Steve Foster: 85 - Bewl reservoir May 2015
knocky1: 3 - Brighton April 2016

Anyone else out there entered any marathons/ultras & if so, let me know how many you have previously done

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks for the updates so far. I'll keep a table of how many marathons/ultras each person has ran & when your next one will be. Will be helpful for motivation, advice, meet ups etc:

Anyone else out there entered any marathons/ultras & if so, let me know how many you have previously done

You aiming for the 100MC ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So which will be your next marathon or ultra folks & what number will it be?

Mine is Bewl reservoir marathon on 9th May & will be number 86.

I'm taking 6 months off to heal my heel, then I start training for Chicago in October 2016. This will be my 5th.

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011

Done 3 next is Snowdonia Marathon in October. Just signed up for Brighton (will be my first) and will throw my hat into the farce that is the London Marathon Ballot

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Done 3 next is Snowdonia Marathon in October. Just signed up for Brighton (will be my first) and will throw my hat into the farce that is the London Marathon Ballot

I'm toying with the idea of the Snowdonia half next month whilst still fit from Brighton Marathon. Have you done it? Assume you live up here too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here