Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maradona and Colombian Manager both slam England...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought the Colombians got off lightly and the referee was far too lenient with their approach, you can to a degree overlook the Colombian coach's comments as it is no doubt more for his domestic audience and deflecting from their approach to the game and the fact that they lost.

Maradona is just a proven drug taking cheat and should have gone home when Argentina departed. His comments are just pathetic

Agree entirely.

Falcao’s intimidation of the referee was shocking.

Reminded me of Buffon.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No leg to stand on given Colombia's antics obviously, but I have to say I wasn't a fan of some of our antics. Henderson in particular doing a Neymar-lite impression was a bit sad to see - we haven't really been like that in the past, which is something I've been proud of. The diving and playacting at this World Cup is the worst I can ever remember it being - and it's something that really puts me off football sometimes.

You must be very young or have a short memory. It is improving in my view. Take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiW0IPrv1Ro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So a fat, incoherent cokehead and a manager who sent his team out with instructions to cheat, foul and remonstrate with the ref at every opportunity think they’ve been hard done by. Awww, diddums.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Biggest load of bollocks I've ever read from a manager that's lost!!

He even out does some of "Colin's" top ten "We only lost because the opposition cheated/fooled the ref into giving them all the best decisions!"

Ha Ha, suck it up buttercup, you're for the firing squad! :angel:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Strong rumours that he'd been stripped of his ambassadorial role, with FIFA, following his one fingered salutes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What an absolute smoke screen for his own teams intimidating play which is how he set them up to play. The headbutt on Henderson was a Red card all day long

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was very young at that time but I remember it well. But I'm not talking about single isolated incidents - I'm talking about overall - across many different games.

I assure you that it really isn't worse - albeit it may seem worse than we are used to, watching the premier league week in week out. Back in 66, Eusebio and Pele were kicked off the park by what was basically an assault every 30 seconds, and the thugs got away with it. We have also seen world cups with shocking abysmal refereeing. I think this world cup has been the best in terms of the relationship between crime and punishment. If you want to dispute this further, in deference to our wonderful hosts, may I ask that you also incorporate a example of Russian literature your reply? Cheers. :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• flight-to-bogota-international-airport-departures-board-travelling-to-colombia-conceptual-d-flig.jpg
    flight-to-bogota-international-airport-departures-board-travelling-to-colombia-conceptual-d-flig.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 468

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I assure you that it really isn't worse - albeit it may seem worse than we are used to, watching the premier league week in week out. Back in 66, Eusebio and Pele were kicked off the park by what was basically an assault every 30 seconds, and the thugs got away with it. We have also seen world cups with shocking abysmal refereeing. I think this world cup has been the best in terms of the relationship between crime and punishment. If you want to dispute this further, in deference to our wonderful hosts, may I ask that you also incorporate a example of Russian literature your reply? Cheers. :thumbsup:

I referenced diving and playacting - I know football was a lot more physical in the past. If in 66 thugs got away with kicking Eusebio and Pele off the park, then I can't imagine those players diving and playacting to the slightest touch would have done them much good? During this World Cup there's been a lot of that sort of nonsense throughout what seems to be the majority of the games. My perception is that it has become more widespread within teams and across teams.

I can't say that I'm educated in Russian literature but a friend of mine was watching the game at the UK embassy in Moscow. Used to belong to some Russian nobility who dealt sugar. The best embassy building there is, which the UK got because they were the first to engage USSR diplomatically. At least this is what I'm told.

Stumpy Tim

I don't see too much wrong with the Colombian manager comments... he's basically saying that there will always be contact in the box at corners, and England made a meal of the grappling... which we did. Definitely penalties but we are clever at making the most of those situations

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I referenced diving and playacting - I know football was a lot more physical in the past. If in 66 thugs got away with kicking Eusebio and Pele off the park, then I can't imagine those players diving and playacting to the slightest touch would have done them much good? During this World Cup there's been a lot of that sort of nonsense throughout what seems to be the majority of the games. My perception is that it has become more widespread within teams and across teams.

I can't say that I'm educated in Russian literature but a friend of mine was watching the game at the UK embassy in Moscow. Used to belong to some Russian nobility who dealt sugar. The best embassy building there is, which the UK got because they were the first to engage USSR diplomatically. At least this is what I'm told.

OK. Well, its all about opinions. Anyway, its the Colombian manager who is left looking the idiot. He wanted to be the gambler, but he's probably gong to end up as a resident of the house of the dead. Him and the rest of his dead souls. :thumbsup:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Nothing wrong with the refereeing as far as any bias goes, but appointing an English-only speaking ref was a bit silly, as was appointing a Senegalese ref to the Belgium/Japan game. The refs were fine but it leaves FIFA open to this kind of accusation.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don't see too much wrong with the Colombian manager comments... he's basically saying that there will always be contact in the box at corners, and England made a meal of the grappling... which we did. Definitely penalties but we are clever at making the most of those situations

How are we being clever ? All the penalties given to us were clear cut , and we could of easily had another half a dozen

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
How are we being clever ? All the penalties given to us were clear cut , and we could of easily had another half a dozen

From Southgate himself:

"Maybe we are getting a bit smarter. Maybe we are now playing some of our game by the rules the rest of the world are playing."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing wrong with the refereeing as far as any bias goes, but appointing an English-only speaking ref was a bit silly, as was appointing a Senegalese ref to the Belgium/Japan game. The refs were fine but it leaves FIFA open to this kind of accusation.

Radamel Falcao: "The referee only spoke English, some bias was certain."

Alternative wording: "the referee only spoke the language all referees are required to speak for taking charge of a World Cup match"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here