Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manure v Scummy Boro

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm pretty sure they said at the start of the season that if the ball comes off another part of your body before hitting your hand it will be deemed accidental.
It was also made clear that accidental handball only chalks a goal off if the goal scorer is the one who accidentally handles it (after VAR received criticism for ruling out so many goals that had an accidental handball in the build up).

EDIT
https://www.skysports.com/football/...pits-and-handball-rule-changes-for-new-season

Accidental handball in the build-up to a goal will no longer be deemed an offence. The crucial word here is 'build-up'.

It will still be an offence if an accidental handball directly creates the chance that scores the goal, or scores the goal itself.

There is also new language around how a player makes their body 'unnaturally bigger' in a handball situation.

The new language is: "A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player's body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."​

Note - that is the premier league definition. I'm working on the basis it was applied to the cup/

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If the chip had gone in, the goal would have been ruled out, but thanks to another player scoring the goal, it's allowed. It's poor refereeing.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
By the letter of the law that’s a goal, how can it be deemed lucky?

When a defender miscontrols the ball and it hits his arm it’s very rarely given as a penalty.

Lee Dixon crying on the commentary, probably went LARGE on 1/0

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By the letter of the law that’s a goal, how can it be deemed lucky?

When a defender miscontrols the ball and it hits his arm it’s very rarely given as a penalty.

Lee Dixon crying on the commentary, probably went LARGE on 1/0
If you control the ball with your arm, it's always been handball hasn't it? Baffling to me that this was given. It simply felt like it should have been ruled out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Man Ure are a joke of a club.

Money spent and look at them.

I'm sure Fergie can manage to get the bar working.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If you control the ball with your arm, it's always been handball hasn't it? Baffling to me that this was given. It simply felt like it should have been ruled out.

It’s a clearly accidental handball, much like how defenders often accidentally handball it and penalties aren’t always given.

The law says unless the next touch is a goal, then VAR won’t intervene as the referee deemed it accidental, so whatever argument there is the law is a bitch and in this instance it’s a goal by the rule book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here