Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manure Demand £50, Yes FIFTY, million for Harry Maguire.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The £10 million a year in wages isn't going to help get him shifted.
At what point ever did anyone anywhere look at Slabhead and think WOW! MUST HAVE THAT PLAYER! Personally used to always hope and pray he made the starting line-up against us. Always loved seeing that hangdog expression when he once more shot his own team in the foot :lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some of the valuations put on players is crazy. That £50mill is just £10m less than what Bayern's first bid for Harry Kane.

Most football fans would agree Maguire shouldn't be anywhere near the England team and - by rights - would be off to Everton for c. £30mill.
Even £30m is a lot for Harry Maguire l reckon. . . . although maybe he would be ideal in a Sean Dyche side.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
At what point ever did anyone anywhere look at Slabhead and think WOW! MUST HAVE THAT PLAYER! Personally used to always hope and pray he made the starting line-up against us. Always loved seeing that hangdog expression when he once more shot his own team in the foot :lol:
don’t usually buy into the ‘english players are vastly overrated compared to their foreign counterparts just because they’re english’ idea but i think in this scenario that is absolutely the case.

Got Everton written all over it

Well, it used to be the way
all that being said, i do think he would thrive in a low-block team, like everton. never going to be world class, which is why the initial fee to leicester was ridiculous, but definitely a very decent ‘top 8’ player

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought they were paying someone to take him away? Did that story turn out to be BS?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
too big, too slow, can't control or kick it, poor decisions,

not a prem player in the modern game

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
don’t usually buy into the ‘english players are vastly overrated compared to their foreign counterparts just because they’re english’ idea but i think in this scenario that is absolutely the case.

all that being said, i do think he would thrive in a low-block team, like everton. never going to be world class, which is why the initial fee to leicester was ridiculous, but definitely a very decent ‘top 8’ player
Not sure if the player is crap or it's how he is being asked to play. I don't like the fella for a number of reasons but there was a good player there at one point.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Not sure if the player is crap or it's how he is being asked to play. I don't like the fella for a number of reasons but there was a good player there at one point.
there’s things he’s very good at, and things he’s really not good at. that’s the reason why he’s never going to be in that ‘world class’ bracket. great aerially and very strong, he covers all the bread and butter defending well. but you obviously need a lot more than that if you want to be a top 4 defender, and the high line united play totally exposes his weaknesses, and badly

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
The Saudis are very keen to take Chelsea’s overpaid dross away for top dollar but when it comes to the likes of Manure’s Maguire, Sancho and McTominay, they seem most reluctant. I wonder why?

I doubt they’ll get much more than loans out for those three (paying the majority of their inflated salaries). They’d struggle to get £50m for all of them!
TBF the players they've purchased from Chelsea are some of the biggest Muslim players in football so it somewhat makes sense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Saudis are very keen to take Chelsea’s overpaid dross away for top dollar but when it comes to the likes of Manure’s Maguire, Sancho and McTominay, they seem most reluctant. I wonder why?
Because they don't own United yet and so don't need to help them cheat FFP?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here