Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manuel Sierra

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
See the Moises thread - Sussex Live is quoting an Ole article that Metro also quoted which is more ’media bouncing’ with the only direct quote subsequent to the window closing being:

“The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moisés [Caicedo] says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life. That it is an opportunity that may not be repeated in life,” Sierra told Marca90Ec, via Olé.

Hardly ‘opening up’ and not to Sussex Live.

The Ole quote btw seems to refer to Sierra’s earlier Carpe Diem attitude to the January offers when he says:

“And we helped draft the [Instagram and Twitter] statement. In that statement, he expresses his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League. We don’t know what can happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can’t know what’s going to happen.”

These stories gather momentum very quickly, get padded out, blown up, fuelled by gossip and speculation and other people’s chosen narratives - wherever a media outlet quotes another source, it’s always best to go to the original source and translate it if necessary IMHO - in this case the original Ole piece is a reputable source and posts a balanced story but other media outlets have created their own narratives around the Ole quote to sensationalise the story and for click bait for their own website pages.

28 day cooling off period
For everyone I think. 🙂

(Ps. Don’t think I’m defending Agents (and certainly not Moises’s Agent) they’re are all manipulating, money grabbing weasel’s in an industry that validates their behaviour but I think for the sake of our own credibility as fans, the more discernment we use when relying on the media/twitter etc to construct our own narratives about what is going on with our Club and players the better IMHO)

Last edited:

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
The Sky docu. on TDD showed what these parasites really are. Telling players to tell their manager/coach what to do etc and feign injury. They are no more than rich second-hand car salesmen. Awful scum that manipulate young men (and women) into situations they are unlikely to fully appreciate.

What really got me is these players see them as their bosses over their clubs and manager. It just proves the crap Potter will be undertaking with a squad of 100 players, their ego's and their agents.
Bit harsh on second hand car salesmen.:sneaky:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
See the Moises thread - Sussex Live is quoting an Ole article that Metro also quoted which is more ’media bouncing’ with the only direct quote subsequent to the window closing being:

“The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moisés [Caicedo] says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life. That it is an opportunity that may not be repeated in life,” Sierra told Marca90Ec, via Olé.

Hardly ‘opening up’ and not to Sussex Live.

The Ole quote btw seems to refer to Sierra’s earlier Carpe Diem attitude to the January offers when he says:

“And we helped draft the [Instagram and Twitter] statement. In that statement, he expresses his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League. We don’t know what can happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can’t know what’s going to happen.”

These stories gather momentum very quickly, get padded out, blown up, fuelled by gossip and speculation and other people’s chosen narratives - wherever a media outlet quotes another source, it’s always best to go to the original source and translate it if necessary IMHO - in this case the original Ole is a reputable source and posts a balanced story but other media outlets have created their own narratives around the Ole quote to sensationalise the story and for click bait.

For everyone I think. 🙂

(Ps. Don’t think I’m defending Agents (and certainly not Moises’s Agent) they’re are all manipulating, money grabbing weasel’s in an industry that validates their behaviour but I think for the sake of our own credibility as fans, the more discernment we use when relying on the media/twitter etc to construct our own narratives about what is going on with our Club and players the better IMHO)
That's a fair point, the headline says Sierra 'slams Brighton for blocking his move', but his quotes don't mention Brighton at all, or use a word similar to blocking or 'denying his move. It is a clickbait article', you're right

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
You can see why he wants Moises to move - allegedly would be due 5% of any transfer fee which to my maths is about £3.5m if we had sold him to Arsenal for £70m. One move for a player and he could be set for life.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess Manuel Sierra is one of those people whose mother, or father, never said no to him. Well, he's just had a lesson in growing up, whether he takes it or not remains to be seen. I hope that in the summer, when he is back begging for Mioses release, we go full brinkmanship and don't let him go till the last minute.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
just states what their viewpoint would obviously be on the situation. think the fact we all saw it coming when he switched agents speaks volumes, but at the end of the day you're not supposed to like agents unless they're representing you

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
These can't both be true.
Of course they can be.
The best thing for Moises was to continue the successful development of his playing career and build his reputation at Brighton and then move.
The best thing for the agent was to earn a shit load of money now rather than wait 6 months.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He’s Pervis‘s old agent / agency. Represented him for 3 years. No idea what went on, but you would would have expected him and Moises would have had a discussion about it

Caicedo and Hincapie are the agencies 2 biggest clients. Both were subject of bids and looks like they were trying to force moves for both.

Leverkusen were also quoting a similar fee. No social media posts for that one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“… helped draft the Instagram statement ….”

It was greasy Manuel’s idea and text :wanker:. His sole motivation, lots of money and now.

Plodding along earning a few % of Caicedo’s Albion contract, pales into insignificance to the literal £m’s from:

1. Arsenal’s transfer success fee.
2. X percent of vast signing on fee.
3. X percent of far higher wages.
4. X percent of new boot contract and image rights.

These are leeches on the modern game. I’d rather 100% of the money went to Caicedo.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely desperate to monetise his only decent asset with a big transfer before Moises realises he's made a mistake and gets rid of the ****. Not acting in his client's bests interests, failed to research/understand how BHA/Bloom operate and would react to his methods and now trying to squirm his way out of it with a pisspoor set of excuses that make no sense (and in fact disrespect MC).

What an absolute wankbiscuit.
I think there's thousands of people who understand how Brighton operate and would be in a better situation to represent Moises's best interests, a lot of them having no links or particular liking for the Albion. I have nothing against football agents but what I hate is complete and utter f***ing amateurs who are incapable of doing the bare basics to justify their salary/commission :shrug:

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
I'm wondering how many of my later life choices were influenced by my having to climb out of a car via the drivers side door due to a faulty locking mechanism. If memory serves me, it was a 1.6L manual Sierrra.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Absolutely desperate to monetise his only decent asset with a big transfer before Moises realises he's made a mistake and gets rid of the ****. Not acting in his client's bests interests, failed to research/understand how BHA/Bloom operate and would react to his methods and now trying to squirm his way out of it with a pisspoor set of excuses that make no sense (and in fact disrespect MC).

What an absolute wankbiscuit.
Unusual sobriquet Dazzer ? Private schooling at it s finest 🤔🤣

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I had to use urban dictionary for that one tbf 🤣
Same as education wise Not aimed at you
My poorly scripted reply too ambiguous
But I believe private education establishments
maybe where that biscuit game originated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here