Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

manuel neuer

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yeah good point.

I'm really sorry England have gone out of the tournament. As you get older you'll learn to become more rational about it, rather than blame the oppostion goalkeeper for it.

Anyway, why don't you clear off now. I think Glee is starting on Channel 4.

oh bollocks , is it really.....???? i can't get channel 4 where i live......why don't you find someone else to condescend to old boy,i'm off to bed now.:wave:

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
look its a rant ok....??? wouldn't have made any difference if it had stood,good argument for goal-line cameras though.

Then why not say that in the first place?! Instead you've made yourself look a little silly.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
oh bollocks , is it really.....???? i can't get channel 4 where i live......why don't you find someone else to condescend to old boy,i'm off to bed now.:wave:

Well of course you can't get it, it would appear like you live under a rock.

Old boy though, eh? I feel privileged, thanks!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
stop clutching at straws England were awful we didnt deserve to go through. As much a I like Capello he has has to resign and we drop the senior players and olay the youngsters and build for the future. Hodgson for England anyone?

It was a piss poor decision from the ref/ linesman which changed the whole dynamics of the game had the goal stood Germany were on the back foot & we had a an opportunity to take hold of the game. HOWEVER,the ref got it wrong & from then on we were never in the game( not that we were in it much before then).Germany deserved their win .The only England player who looked as though he belonged at the world cup, much as it pains me to say, was Ashley cole of the others there are probably 1/2 dozen or so who should wave bye bye to their international careers & make way for the next generation.And before anyone says the youngsters arent there, yes they are, theyre at clubs like Blackpool, Reading ,Watford ect we're just not aware of them yet

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Not very clear but don't think Neuer saw the ball when it hit the ground: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_51

For God's sake so what if he did?!

The point is when have you EVER, EVER seen a keeper - or any defending player for that matter - stop play and clarify to the officials, viewers and whoever else, that actually, yes the ball did cross the line. 'Ooh 2-2 between us and England now, I'm so glad I did the right thing there!'

Get a grip.

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
Given that the linesman was where he should have been, i.e. in line with the last German outfield player (on the edge of the penalty area) he couldn't be certain it had gone in.

The most amazing thing about the whole incident was that Lampard actually got a shot on target. Still 150k a week and shagging Adrian Chiles's cast offs can't be all bad I suppose.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
James would have done exactly the same, anyone would.
If he had admited that and it affected the result, he would have been shot.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
For God's sake so what if he did?!

The point is when have you EVER, EVER seen a keeper - or any defending player for that matter - stop play and clarify to the officials, viewers and whoever else, that actually, yes the ball did cross the line. 'Ooh 2-2 between us and England now, I'm so glad I did the right thing there!'

Get a grip.

Sorry, I was confusing football with golf, cricket, tennis, etc., you know, a game played by gentlemen.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Sorry, I was confusing football with golf, cricket, tennis, etc., you know, a game played by gentlemen.

Well that's where you're going wrong obviously.

As much as I wish it - like you - the game of football is not played with long shorts, combovers and Kenneth Wolstenhome commentating anymore.

And you may notice that cricketers are not terribly honest these days too - spread betting with Indian bookmakers, batsmen standing their ground when they known they've hit it, I could go on. Hell, even tennis players row with the line judges every other point! Golf is just shit of course.

Let me know if I could have a go in your time machine though fella, cheers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why the thread is balls in itself, would question the top class keeper bit as well. Flappy would be a nice word for him, very very frustrating we didn't test him enough (or the right footed centre back playing left back)

Jimmy Grimble

He'll be remembered for getting an assist against England to put Germany 1-0 up in the last 16 of the World Cup.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Given that the linesman was where he should have been, i.e. in line with the last German outfield player (on the edge of the penalty area) he couldn't be certain it had gone in.

If it had just been an inch or 2 then maybe, buy seeing as that the ball bounced about 2-3 foot over the line I'd say it should have been flipping obvious from that position that the ball had gone in to both ref and linesman!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here