Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manu

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was actually impressed with him when he came on - thought he showed great intent to get at his full-back when he got the ball.

Yes he should have done better with his shot, but he is obviously not match fit or sharp. I saw enough to be encouraged, he looked strong and direct.

Very direct, but he does appear to have the required pace: the only player who has exceptional sprint speed. Don't know about technique, guile or nous as we haven't seen enough of him. Technique can be learned, nous is maybe natural ability? Nous is not measured on the player stats. Thats what mucks up the moneyballing way of choosing players. Nous is what makes a slower better than a faster player sometimes.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just looked at the last minutes of the game again. Looked a bit raw. Reminded me a bit of Buckley when he started with a bit of pace, but with the low centre of gravity which might be better. Potential. Technique not so good as Lualua or Buckley but this could be improved. Intelligence?

We need a speed merchant and just having him on the bench will make the opposition wary. He might even be the missing ingredient up front?

I would like to see how he copes with a ball to feet with a defender up his arse (the balls Baldock was getting) and running into space (like Vardy on the TV).

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Unfortunately he did not do too well with the chances he had (sure that will improve) BUT in the SHORT time he was on he got into good enough positions to score goals 3 times....I think he will end up a good buy.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Unfortunately he did not do too well with the chances he had (sure that will improve) BUT in the SHORT time he was on he got into good enough positions to score goals 3 times....I think he will end up a good buy.

He did better than Baldock at shooting and he was only on a short time. I thought he improved our shape as well. Looked promising with a speed merchant, and Solly March playing more central behind Bobby Z. Encouraged.

I would not have brought him on though. I wanted to see how Zamora and Hemed paired together upfront.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
When trying to beat a man he just gave him the ball and his two shots were pathetic, though I grant you, the referee did him no favours
As I say, far to early to judge but it was a dismal 10 minutes. He looks very raw.

Three attempts were still better than Baldock's three spurious attempts, more comparable to Hemed's.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its only a few weeks ago that people on here was saying we should loan out Solly March because he was low in confidence, and it was hard to see where he was going to get much game time in the next few months.

He was my man of the match on Saturday and has proven a lot of people wrong.

Give the guy a chance, don't people on here have a bad day at the office or factory sometimes ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its only a few weeks ago that people on here was saying we should loan out Solly March because he was low in confidence, and it was hard to see where he was going to get much game time in the next few months.

He was my man of the match on Saturday and has proven a lot of people wrong.

Give the guy a chance, don't people on here have a bad day at the office or factory sometimes ?

He hasnt even had the chance to have a bad day at the office yet.

I thought he did alright Saturday when he came on, trying too hard almost.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He hasnt even had the chance to have a bad day at the office yet.

I thought he did alright Saturday when he came on, trying too hard almost.
Yep agreed, he roasted their right back a few times, and should have got a free kick when the referee got it wrong. A few poor finishes, but he got himself in those positions to score. With more game time he might show more composure in those situations in the future.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I thought it was a great little cameo, I couldnt stop laughing, shame the ref gave a foul, fvck knows what would have happened if he had got clean through...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I hope the lad proves me wrong so much, Im not sure why CH keeps picking him as he is clearly
far from being fit, so why would you pick a player who is no where near the fitness levels needed for this league,
when you have other players fit who are more than capable of playing ?
Doesnt makle sense to me.
Elvis me boy, get fit and prove me wrong lad !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here