Mantis Shrimp OUT!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine how good we're going to be next year, with a full pre-season of FLOODLIGHT POWER.

The Premier League title is ours.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's ironic that so many are putting our recent run of form down to the re-appointed floodlight logo. Doesn't anyone remember Adams mk2? That's what's going on here.

No, the floodlight has simply inherited the squad and all the hard work that the mantis shrimp put in.

Everyone knows that if we do make the playoffs it'll be down to the shrimp's outstanding work and, even more importantly, integrity in standing aside to let in the floodlight.

Thank you, shrimp - you're my hero.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
And to think, SOME people voted for that wretched SHRIMP, do you see what you did now? :nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Amazing turnaround. Hail the light forevermore.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
And to think, SOME people voted for that wretched SHRIMP, do you see what you did now? :nono:

Nonsensical argument. The Shrimp was voted, correctly, the world's hardest creature. As I recall the Floodlights were not an option. I don't think they even classify as a creature. :mad:

Edit: Besides, the Shrimp replaced the AMEX in the banner, not the floodlights. :nono:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

We won our first couple of matches when the shrimp went up on the banner. Bozza switched from the shrimp to the amex, and that was where our poor run took hold. It was the change from the amex to the floodlight that saw a turnaround in fortune.

Just read this thread:

Hans kray: Shrimp out!
Mellotron: it's already gone
Bozza: I changed it ages ago, force a refresh
Notters: [floodlights]
Hans Kraay: We used to score goals with that
Bozza: Anything is worth a try.

Let's all lay off the shrimp.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I won't be voting shrimp next time. Although obviously I won't be voting perma-loser honey badger next time, as I don't want us to be relegated.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If I'm honest, I have always loved the 'old' NSC logo with the Goldstone floodlight. Reminds me of where we came from.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's ridiculous to believe that the voting of the shrimp as WHC had any effect on our fortunes on the pitch in any way. More superstitious nonsense spouted by supporters of the losing honey badger.

Conversely, there is a direct causal link between changing the header from the AMEX to the floodlight. Obviously.

Conclusion? Lay off the duly elected shrimp. Keep the floodlight. That is all.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we have some shrimp/amex/goldstone stats?

These are approximations, as Bozza is a little hazy on the exact date of the change from Shrimp back to Amex. (Two weeks, give or take). According to my records, the Shrimp went up on the 7th of February, two weeks makes it coming down as 21st. We had a game on the 22nd. I've put that in the Amex pile.

Amex:
W15 (37.5%)
D11 (27.5%)
L14 (35%)
Scored per game 1.01
Conceded per game 0.98

Shrimp
W2 (66.7%)
D1 (33.3%)
L0
Scored per game 1.00
Conceded per game 0.33