Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mankind. Time to CHANGE

el punal

A wake up call to all humans and not before time, we DO NOT own this planet.

We SHOULD NOT consider all the animal kingdom as OUR commodities to be used, abused, sold and murdered.

The natural resources are not ours to rape and pillage as we see fit.

We are just 1 species of millions, well not that many as we have made 70% of them extinct in the last 100 years since the last pandemic and it is true to say an enemy so small nobody can even see is bringing the Human Race to it's knees.

This is a lesson. I truly believe this

When this is all over we can only hope Humanity takes a long hard look at itself in the mirror and the appalling way it has behaved for far too long and makes HUGE changes in the way it acts and interacts in this world in the future and becomes a more benevolent and kind species with serious thought as to it's actions and it's consequences for ALL that live on it

It would have been worth it all then

That is my hope anyway x

Wise words. On a flippant note, I wonder how many packs of bog roll will be sold at car boot sales when the situation returns to “normal”?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whilst I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly, one only has to take a look at the despicable panic buy mentality showing disregard to the elderly etc to show that some just don't give a @@@@.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
All the time we have idiots likeTrump as a leading guardian of the planet it has no chance. There’s a lot of Americans needing to look at themselves in the mirror.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
All the time we have idiots likeTrump as a leading guardian of the planet it has no chance. There’s a lot of Americans needing to look at themselves in the mirror.
Yep, idiots in charge of UK, USA, brasil, Russia etc could not give a damn. It would be lovely to see action taken to maintain more local economies and avoid unnecessary travel etc but they won't. Money is everything to them, money and power is all they care about.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
it is true to say an enemy so small nobody can even see is bringing the Human Race to it's knees.

The virus really isn't bringing the human race to it's knees. It might look that way because there is no toilet rolls in the shops, or Eastenders has stopped filming for a few weeks. It has just paused the trajectory for a bit - we are sheltering from a rain shower under a tree. In terms of world population this virus doesn't even cause a dent, maybe a scratch on the surface. The amount of births worldwide is approx 250 every minute.

The virus isn't an outcome of the environmental destruction we are causing, it is a separate thing entirely. When the outbreak is over I'm afraid normal service will be resumed.

I would love there to be a green revolution which transforms our behaviour but it is happening far too slowly to make any difference. The virus doesn't change that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A wake up call to all humans and not before time, we DO NOT own this planet.

We SHOULD NOT consider all the animal kingdom as OUR commodities to be used, abused, sold and murdered.

The natural resources are not ours to rape and pillage as we see fit.

We are just 1 species of millions, well not that many as we have made 70% of them extinct in the last 100 years since the last pandemic and it is true to say an enemy so small nobody can even see is bringing the Human Race to it's knees.

This is a lesson. I truly believe this

When this is all over we can only hope Humanity takes a long hard look at itself in the mirror and the appalling way it has behaved for far too long and makes HUGE changes in the way it acts and interacts in this world in the future and becomes a more benevolent and kind species with serious thought as to it's actions and it's consequences for ALL that live on it

It would have been worth it all then

That is my hope anyway x

Just to be clear, you WANT a benevolent and kind world.

But BACK Boris Johnson and a government which was prepared to put money and business before people?

[The attitude was] "herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ain-and-changed-the-nation-for-ever-spz6sc9vb

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
“God is dead! God remains dead! And we have killed him! How can we console ourselves, the murderers of all murderers! The holiest and the mightiest thing the world has ever possessed has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood from us? With what water could we clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what holy games will we have to invent for ourselves? Is the magnitude of this deed not too great for us? Do we not ourselves have to become gods merely to appear worthy of it? There was never a greater deed - and whoever is horn after us will on account of this deed belong to a higher history than all history up to now!' Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; they too were silent and looked at him disconcertedly. Finally he threw his lantern on the ground so that it broke into pieces and went out. 'I come too early', he then said; 'my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder need time; the light of the stars needs time; deeds need time, even after they are done, in order to be seen and heard. This deed is still more remote to them than the remotest stars - and yet they have done it themselves!'”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
I quite like the like the idea that the virus is nature's way of fighting back against humans.

But if that's the case it really needs to put down the peashooter and break out the bazooka.

bozooka.jpg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Just to be clear, you WANT a benevolent and kind world.

But BACK Boris Johnson and a government which was prepared to put money and business before people?

[The attitude was] "herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ain-and-changed-the-nation-for-ever-spz6sc9vb
It's unreal isn't it? I was gobsmacked that I actually agreed with something that US spewed out. But of course, folk that suck up the discharge from goons like Johnson and trump will never see the absurdity of their thoughts and actions.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Have to agree with the OP on this, mankind needs to change and start respecting the environment. This encompasses the whole spectrum, so yes it needs look at deforestation, plastic and trophy hunting but within this country how many accept that killing badgers and foxes for profit and fun is ok.

Agree with your agreeing with the OP.

Also think there are good things which could come out of this around the importance if community and going against the Thatcherite founded attitude to selfishness and greed.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They just closed our pub, bloody ridiculous.
Lucky to get more than 20 people there in a day, good hub for news and keeping people talking and sane.
Totally unnecessary.
A sparse population spread over a big area, crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here