[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
In a moment of pure madness I decided to throw a tenner at a draw, currently 9-1 on Bet365.

Also noted City have ELEVEN players at shorter odds than Danny Welbeck for first scorer. Even the City ball-boy is expected to score before we do…well, you know what I mean….

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Fatigue in the squad yet same players again in a game where it will be very difficult to get anything, while they're still all going to have to work their arses off. Don't really get it. But hey ho lets hope for 3 points.
It’s a week until the next game and if he makes wholesale changes and gets thumped it will hardly do the press around him or the squad confidence any favours

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s a week until the next game and if he makes wholesale changes and gets thumped it will hardly do the press around him or the squad confidence any favours
Sure, its a decent break but still playing week in week out takes its toll.

I understand not wanting to get completely wrecked and would have kept the defensive players but would have liked to see some rotation in the more attacking roles.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Very disappointing for fringe players given we are on a scoreless winless run, not great man management imo :shrug:
I think de Zerbi is supporting the senior players for now, showing them he has confidence in them, it keeps them onside. But I'm sure he'll start introducing the younger players bit by bit, first as subs, then as starters. Keep the faith!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
1B36CDFD-D885-4238-9FE8-FEB7AFB05127.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
14/1 the win

f*** it

£50 of this month's cost of living crisis money burnt.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ll be watching until they go 3 up, at 2-0 there’s still some interest (as we were reminded last season).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe, as they're trying to get used to a new system, RDZ is keen to persevere with the same players. Would make sense. They haven't exactly been playing badly. If he was chopping and changing all the time, people would complain he didn't have a clue about his best team.
Agreed.

I'm not a fan of "resting" players for a game that most will consider a complete write-off. Lets just play our best, and try to show our best. Nobody would benefit from throwing in some youngsters against this lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports