Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager of BHA - what a job.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I feel it's reached the stage where a strong statement needs to be issued to prevent confusion and reassure STH, other fans, staff and players.

If GP is going to stay them he needs to issue a statement indicating strong loyalty and a commitment to the current play off run in AND next season. Otherwise I think his authority has been compromised.

If he's going then the club should issue a very clear statement SOONER RATHER THAN LATER explaining the situation and what will happen with yhe coaching staff for the rest of this season. In that way there may be a small chance that the play offs could be kept on track and ticket sales high.

If this doesn't happen in the next 24 hours then too much damage will have been done and Poyet will lose credibility if he decides to stay and/or the club will lose fans respect if they let it drift.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A GRIP...

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Agree with Henry C, even if he stays now just how much are we supposed to believe its because of a genuine love for the club and not just because the Reading job was interesting but not quite the right job at this time - if Gus don't put the rumours to bed with a clear and firm commitment quickly, then it makes the club look 'small' that despite being a real diamond of a job for 99% of managers to wish for, we hold on to one that doesn't seem 100% committed anymore.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And another four days of waiting - at least.

Gus doing this is pissing fans, getting the blood pressure up, while he's relaxing on a sun lounger and probably got his mobile switched off, oblivious of the carnage going on back home.

I'm sure he is fully aware of what's going on, you can be sure of that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I feel it's reached the stage where a strong statement needs to be issued to prevent confusion and reassure STH, other fans, staff and players.

If GP is going to stay them he needs to issue a statement indicating strong loyalty and a commitment to the current play off run in AND next season. Otherwise I think his authority has been compromised.

If he's going then the club should issue a very clear statement SOONER RATHER THAN LATER explaining the situation and what will happen with yhe coaching staff for the rest of this season. In that way there may be a small chance that the play offs could be kept on track and ticket sales high.

If this doesn't happen in the next 24 hours then too much damage will have been done and Poyet will lose credibility if he decides to stay and/or the club will lose fans respect if they let it drift.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A GRIP...

What a load of nonsense. You have no idea what is happening, you don't know if he has spoken to them, is going to speak to them, or if he isn't even interested in speaking to them. So who the hell are you to say he / the club me to come out and make a statement now? Statement about what? If anything had been decided then they would have made one. You want them to come out and make a statement to appease you, even though there is nothing for them to make a statement about yet?

When you apply for a new job (and we don't even know that's what Gus has done yet) do you go around telling all your friends and family and announcing to everyone that you're leaving your old job, or that you have decided that you are not interested in the potential new one, before you've even had an interview? So why would a football manager do that?

Football fans really are one of the thickest, most irritating groups in society. And as for 'if he doesn't make a statement in the next 24 hours then he will lose all credibility and the respect of the fans', do me a favour, if he wins the next two games everyone will love him again. Football fans aren't only stupid, they're incredibly fickle.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Football management jobs are not long term. Gus is currently in the top ten for longest serving managers, isn't he?

He would be mad not to leave us for a, potentially, free spending Russian with a backing of parachute payments.

Thankfully, he seems quite level headed, despite his public performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here