[Football] Man Utd - “run out of money”

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed - I'm staggered how they manage to do two high quality pods a week. Loads of great stuff and highly entertaining.

Yeas. How come a so-called university lecturerer has so much time on his hands, gasbagging about foorball, and that?

:rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He probably teaches a so called subject too.

I'm quite enjoying making lectures for online delivery. We started by doing voice recording in PPT, but then we had to convert to MP4, then compress then upload and all that took 6 hours for a 1 hour lecture. We now use Kaltura (not sure if this is in-house or widely available software) and it takes little more than 'real time'.

The trouble is that my style has become increasingly flamboyant, and I have even started doing 'funny voices'.

I'm going to be sacked in the morning, aren't I?

Carry on the excellent work! :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would a really huge club be “allowed” to just fold like a Macclesfield or bury? I’m kinda interested if there would be enough fan power to pay off the debts?

The FA would do everything they could to keep them running unlike do sweet FA for clubs like Bury and now seemingly Macclesfield

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I remember a few years someone on R4 money programme saying any company with the debt of Man Utd would have been wound up years ago

other companies don't have guaranteed future revenues. A normal company can profit or lose depending on it's performance whereas Man Utd will continue to generate healthy income streams irrespective of performance

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Cheers MB.

Manchester United had £90m in the bank at 31 March, since then they’ve arranged a £150m overdraft facility.

They will suffer from loss of Matchday income, works out at about £4m per game,. They’ve received their first instalment of TV money for 2020/21 from the PL as well as UEFA prize money for reaching SF of Europa League, so they’re not skint, just being cautious.

This 4 million a game. Firstly, wow. Secondly, and excuse my ignorance, that’s from program sales, food and drinks etc. Literally the money fans spend in the ground on the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This 4 million a game. Firstly, wow. Secondly, and excuse my ignorance, that’s from program sales, food and drinks etc. Literally the money fans spend in the ground on the day?

At ST is £750 ish divide by 19. . . . x 75k = £3m

another million is everyone spending £13 ish

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Yeah I guess my question is does that include ticket sales. It must do right?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Football tourists.

Once in a lifetime (season at least) dream to go to Old Trafford.

Pile into the MegaStore, drop £500 - £1000 on tat.
Spend the game looking through the lens of their phone.
Expect a win.
Overlook the fact it's a shitehole.
Leave happy, never to return.

Rinse and repeat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Our season tickets are considerably higher.

United have an unspoken deal with their S/T holders.

'You don't complain about the state of this place'
&
'We won't put up your S/T price'.

I believe that status quo has been in effect for quite some years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It's ticket sales and hospitality packages, merchandise is usually included in commercial income. For all their faults, the Glazers have frozen ST prices at OT for nearly all of the last decade.

The gap compared to the Albion is alarming.

MUFC v BHA Matchday.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's ticket sales and hospitality packages, merchandise is usually included in commercial income. For all their faults, the Glazers have frozen ST prices at OT for nearly all of the last decade.

The gap compared to the Albion is alarming.

View attachment 128455

Crikey. I guess it’s at least reassuring that we’re missing out on 19 rather than over a hundred million potentially this season though.
Is 2019 last season or the calendar year? And if it is last season why is there no reduction from the covid lockout?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Crikey. I guess it’s at least reassuring that we’re missing out on 19 rather than over a hundred million potentially this season though.
Is 2019 last season or the calendar year? And if it is last season why is there no reduction from the covid lockout?

Most recent accounts so 2018/19 to June.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports