Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd fans losing season tickets for passing on their Brighton tickets

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pretty sure there is no issue sharing your ST with friends - the club has said it will turn a blind eye, has it not? Sure there are loads of people who have shared STs anyway.

We have this. I sold mine for the Manure game. Worked like a dream.

Think it is even in Man Utd's terms that you can pass your ticket to family and/or friends (or at least it was in the terms for 2017/18)

theboybilly

Years ago I used to drink with a tout after work in London (he however was always working) He dealt in concert and United home & away tickets. His phone (the old 'brick' type at the time :D ) was always going off followed by some shady character showing up with a wad of cash in return for an envelope. The tickets for United mostly came from players I think - in fact he wasn't shy in mentioning which players were letting tickets go begging. The bloke was minted - it was his sole income, I often wonder if he's still doing it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is why I no longer give my season ticket to mates if I can't make a game, especially if they support the away team. I know the likelihood of being "caught" doing it is very low, but it's a risk I'm just not prepared to take. I'm missing the Fulham match due to holiday and my step-daughters boyfriend is a Fulham fan who'd love my ticket, but he's not getting it.

If it's someone you can completely trust then I think this is exactly the kind of situation where the club would turn a blind eye (family member, same price bracket etc). At least now you can resell it on the exchange and get virtually all of your money back.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I am currently working on a project to identify a number of individuals involved in selling Premier League tickets through Ticketmaster, which is illegal. These people will be found, caught and prosecuted. The scheme on Facebook to sell the ticket through a £30 entry is specifically illegal and I suspect that page will quickly disappear because all Premier League clubs (except a couple who are fortunate to be in the Premier League anyway) have an appetite to really take this issue seriously.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I am currently working on a project to identify a number of individuals involved in selling Premier League tickets through Ticketmaster, which is illegal. These people will be found, caught and prosecuted.

Which Ticketmaster site?

Reselling of tickets is LEGAL if the club has given consent to an agency (and is informed of the transaction)., as Palace, QPR etc do with Twickets.

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
Can't believe some responses. Getting a ticket you have no intention of using shouldn't be allowed when clubs operate loyalty points schemes or have ballots. We spoke to three Americans in the John Harvey who had bought tickets in the away end for over $200 each.

Good that clubs crack down. Not too dissimilar to the likes of Ticketmaster closing their resale sites. If people can't make a profit from selling on then they aren't going to go after tickets in the first place and genuine fans will get them instead.
Except United don't. They have a 'loyalty pot' that started in 03/04. To be in the pot you had to apply for every game the season before (there was no warning). To stay in the pot you'd have had to apply for every match since in December 2002, without fail. There's something like 750 left in it, many of those fans obviously cannot attend every game so pass them on to mates to stay in the pot. There's a long culture at United of long term away fans sorting each other out. United have been looking to scrap the pot so they can offer more tickets to corporate ticket holders (executive seats come with a guarantee of an away ticket) so this tactic is a way of diluting the loyalty pot further. Most of the tickets that end up in touts hands come from the exec tickets, obviously United aren't going to ban them.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Giving or selling a ticket to a mate, or loaning your season ticket to a mate of you can’t get to a game, should be allowed provided they are a member and can prove that on the gate.
No one (home or away) should be allowed to give or sell a ticket to someone who is not authorised/permitted to have one.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
As long as people aren't selling at ridiculous prices just to make money, I am not too fussed who they sell to.

I have no interest in this loyalty rubbish.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As long as people aren't selling at ridiculous prices just to make money, I am not too fussed who they sell to.

I have no interest in this loyalty rubbish.

So you'd be happy if someone sold their north stand ticket to a mate supporting the opposition as long as he doesn't make a profit! What if 30 or 40 people did the same?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Except United don't. They have a 'loyalty pot' that started in 03/04. To be in the pot you had to apply for every game the season before (there was no warning). To stay in the pot you'd have had to apply for every match since in December 2002, without fail. There's something like 750 left in it, many of those fans obviously cannot attend every game so pass them on to mates to stay in the pot. There's a long culture at United of long term away fans sorting each other out. United have been looking to scrap the pot so they can offer more tickets to corporate ticket holders (executive seats come with a guarantee of an away ticket) so this tactic is a way of diluting the loyalty pot further. Most of the tickets that end up in touts hands come from the exec tickets, obviously United aren't going to ban them.

Sorry,should have said loyalty scheme, same principles.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
So you'd be happy if someone sold their north stand ticket to a mate supporting the opposition as long as he doesn't make a profit! What if 30 or 40 people did the same?
This already happens.

I wouldn't be 'happy' about it but if that's what they choose to do with their £450 season ticket then so be it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Anyone else notice ticket touts at the top of the steps leading from the coach park, first time I have seen this at the Amex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Were they carrying torches? and selling Butterkist and Kia-Ora too? I like a bit of popcorn me. :drool:

Now you're being ridiculous :)
As you've mentioned popcorn, it reminded me of One Foot in the Grave, when Victor Meldrew went out to get popcorn, and came back with..........

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone else notice ticket touts at the top of the steps leading from the coach park, first time I have seen this at the Amex
It was happening last season , and I think I saw it a couple of times the season before, I specifically remember it at the Huddersfield game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here