Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U Disrespecting The FA Cup

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsnI9InvJww&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsnI9InvJww&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Glad that Everton won as otherwise it would have been a final where nobody in their right mind gives a toss who wins

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Typical crappy ITV, missed the interesting bits.

A Man United player misses a penalty, and they cut to a shot of Gary Neville, looking amusingly moody about it (his default expression, I think).

Yet when Phil Neville, brother of Gary and former Manchester United player, steps up to score a crucial penalty, they miss the obvious angle of looking to see Gary's reaction, and instead focus on the usual cliched stuff- a fat kid in the crowd biting his nails, Fergie trying to look unfazed by it all, Moyes clenching his fists, a tattooed skinhead punching the air.

I would have LOVED to see Gary Neville's face again at that moment, purely out of human interest. Bloody ITV always miss a trick.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Lets be honest. It's not the greatest cup competition in the world anymore is it. Teams would rather finish 7th in the Prem than win the FA Cup and come 15th.

Teams would rather finish 7th, get into Europe, then field second string teams, try and get knocked out to try and finish 7th in the Premier League.

You have to feel sorry for all those Man U fans who paid out loads to top up their Oyster Cards to get to Wembley

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't say it bothers me much either way. Firstly because United's second string is as good as most clubs' first XI, secondly because a lot of them are youngsters, therefore where's the harm in giving them ago, thirdly because it's obvious Fergie is telling you exactly where the FA Cup lies in his list of priorities, and fourthly because Everton probably wouldn't have won otherwise.

The FA Cup hasn't been the competition it once was for years, what difference does today make?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Typical crappy ITV, missed the interesting bits.

A Man United player misses a penalty, and they cut to a shot of Gary Neville, looking amusingly moody about it (his default expression, I think).

Yet when Phil Neville, brother of Gary and former Manchester United player, steps up to score a crucial penalty, they miss the obvious angle of looking to see Gary's reaction, and instead focus on the usual cliched stuff- a fat kid in the crowd biting his nails, Fergie trying to look unfazed by it all, Moyes clenching his fists, a tattooed skinhead punching the air.

I would have LOVED to see Gary Neville's face again at that moment, purely out of human interest. Bloody ITV always miss a trick.

Totally agree, When they cued Gary early on i thought it was a sort of before shot son could be used for comparison for when Phil took one.
Would liked to see his face drop:clap2:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I couldn't give two forks for anyone in the Premiershite and manage to easily avoid all talk of their results, but I have just heard that ManUre lost and that is significant only because my mate had a 12 team accumulator over the whole weekend, which was set to win him a right tidy wedge.

Eleven teams won, including the Albion, Ipswich and Man City.

He just needed United to win. You just cannot rely on Ferguson to do the simplest thing can you? :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
and fielding a second string team. Arrogant wankers:tosser:.

I always think it's more disrespecting their opponents. I like to think they field a team they feel is strong enough to beat their opponents. i.e. today they thought a bunch of their reserves would be good enough to beat Everton. They were wrong. Just.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lets all calm down, take a deep breath, step back a couple of paces and remember that the real football starts up again tuesday night.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Though the game itself may not have been the best, it had moments of high entertainment of which, standing head and shoulder above all the others, the best was easily Ferguson's apoplexy on the touchline when his travelling ref failed to award him his customary penalty. A cross between the birdy song dance and a six year old having a hissy fit in a supermarket, it was absolutely superb and I shall never, ever tire of watching it. What a weekend this has turned out to be - 3 points yesterday and now that bunch of see-you-next-Tuesdays out of the cup, denied a clear penalty, and fluffing their lines from the spot right in front of their own tourists. Fantastic.

It's weekends like this that make long seasons of disappointment and drudgery worthwhile.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
In many ways today just showed how good United are. Their reserves drew 0-0 with the fifth/sixth best team in the country. That's how strong and hard to beat they are. Phenomenal performance. Just a shame that this great team and legendary manager won't get their hands on a historic five-trophy grand slam.

Yeah, and tbh you can't really blame Ferguson as if I was the manager I'd put the f.a cup 2nd bottom of the pile

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A very bad 24 hours for Man Utd. fans.... out of the Cup AND back to school this morning :D

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
In many ways today just showed how good United are. Their reserves drew 0-0 with the fifth/sixth best team in the country. That's how strong and hard to beat they are. Phenomenal performance. Just a shame that this great team and legendary manager won't get their hands on a historic five-trophy grand slam.

or just shows how poor the Premier league really is outside the top 4?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I couldn't give two forks for anyone in the Premiershite and manage to easily avoid all talk of their results, but I have just heard that ManUre lost and that is significant only because my mate had a 12 team accumulator over the whole weekend, which was set to win him a right tidy wedge.

Eleven teams won, including the Albion, Ipswich and Man City.

He just needed United to win. You just cannot rely on Ferguson to do the simplest thing can you? :lol:

Please tell me he hedged...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here