Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U Disrespecting The FA Cup

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They are rotating their squad. Maybe they should play their first choice every game so that when the premier league run in comes and the big games in the Champions league arrives their star names are knackered and well below par.

Anyway the FA cup is the least important of the 3 that Utd can still win.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
This match makes the bleedin' JPT seem exciting by comparison. Dreadful. Oh & this S/F at Wembley crap is just some vile, money-making scandal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wouldn't exactly say it's "massively under-strength". It's mostly second string agreed.
Yeah, I agree, I mean other than Van Der Sar, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov it's pretty much their first team.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The FA cup died for me the day, Cup final ''Its a Knockout'' was stopped.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't think it is necessarily disrespecting the FA Cup as such. The first team are probably knackered after the Porto game and Ferguson may have judged that this fresher, younger Man Utd side will probably play a whole lot better than an exhausted first team on that big Wembley pitch. I think it would be disrespectful if Man Utd were playing to lose, but I don't think anyone could accuse them of that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
and fielding a second string team. Arrogant wankers:tosser:. Come on EVERTON, let "The Fro" soccer those Manchester Dins.

Sorry, but you called this one completely wrong :nono:

Man Utd: Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva, Welbeck, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Tevez, Macheda.

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Evra, Berbatov, Nani, Scholes, Evans.

You'll have been disappointed with that thread title :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes glad Ferdinand is second string - plank

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
That's because clubs would rather have more money than the glory of winning the FA Cup.

Exactly...

It still is the greatest cup in the world. No other has the same history and drama. Especially in the earlier rounds.

Based on history it is the best cup in the world. But we're talking now, and at the moment I stuggle to believe that there isnt a better competition out there.

:)..

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the game has been pretty boring, at least it meant i got to read TSLR009

Everton fans are the only good bit, singing their hearts out. All the people that have been Man U fans all their life, that left home at 3pm to get to the game in time must be disappointed their favourite players like Ryan Scholes, Rio Ronaldo, Edwin Carrick and Wayne Neville arent playing

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Hardly disrespecting?? First team are fatigued and needed for the league, which surely is this teams bread and butter?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Something like we have in the JPT where you have to have 6 1st team players in the team should sort it out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All the anti Man Utd stuff is getting a bit dull. They made history at Porto in the week with a huge win in a high-pressure Champions League match, and they have to freshen up the team a bit.

Must admit, I was surprised at how much. And I was also surprised I could get 4-1 on Everton to win in the 90 mins. Fingers crossed for the 2nd half...

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Something like we have in the JPT where you have to have 6 1st team players in the team should sort it out.

They have; Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva, Welbeck, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Tevez, Macheda.

All those in bold are either starters, or, more likely than not, on the bench. Could probably include Gibson in the later.

It's just a stupid arguement.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
They have; Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva, Welbeck, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Tevez, Macheda.

All those in bold are either starters, or, more likely than not, on the bench. Could probably include Gibson in the later.

It's just a stupid arguement.

People also complain not enough English youngsters get a sniff in big games. So perhaps they should have played Van Der Sar and Berbatov instead of Foster and Wellbeck.

Sometimes you just can't win.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO biggest disrespecter of the FA Cup - and his own fans - in recent years was Coppell when he put out Reading reserves v Man U. And almost beat them :lol:

Being docile Reading fans, they let him get away with it. Should have f***ing crucified him.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Everton seem up for it, Man U ineffective ...

Everton support agree - great noise now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here