Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man of the Match ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pedro - was actually able to hold up the ball quite well when put into him. Seemed stronger, which is strange after an injury, unless we’ve got the meds wrong :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I only caught the 2nd half but thought Dunk was superb whenever they broke, didn't put a foot wrong and a couple of excellent headers.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
BV, Dunk, Baleba or Pedro.

Encisco did my head in a bit last night, not everything can be a 25 yard screamer. Wellbz also should have attempted to cross it at the end to Moder, he didn't look up once, he rarely does.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My main recollection of the match is JPVH winning header after header after header. I don't know whether the stats back that up or I dreamed it but I saw what I saw, I think, so it's JPVH for me. Pedro was also fairly good.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pedro, showed what we have been missing. Different level to other options.

Dunk/VDH also very good.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Toney. He could have so easily got a penalty when challenged by Van Hecke in the area, from which he would probably have scored.
That was a bit bizarre on two accounts. Toney not going down and only one tv pundit mentioning it fleetingly. Looking at it again I'm sure it would have been given.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
According to Glenn Hoddle there was only one player on the pitch last night.

Toney.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Maybe it was different being in the ground but I thought we didn't put in a bad performance at all last night. If Wele had put his boots on the right way round then we would've deservedly walked away with three points.

Ajer was clearly man of the match overall annoyingly, a monster defensive performance when Brentford really needed it. From a Brighton perspective it could've been anyone from Igor, Joao Pedro, Dunk, JPVH. Good performances from Gross and Facu, Enciso and Lamptey off the bench as well.

We're only the second team to stop team to stop them from scoring at home this season as well. Aside from Toney's awful miss in the first half, they never looked like scoring either.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure we're allowed to use the term "man of the match" now. The BBC (which of course is not the slightest bit left wing) now uses the term "player of the match". So they do at the Amex .... unfortunately. Personally I'm fairly sure they're all men.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
According to Glenn Hoddle there was only one player on the pitch last night.

Toney.
Drawing his seventh blank in a row...

He was fine last night, some lovely touches and very classy on the ball but not anywhere near the standard we've seen him perform at vs the Albion before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here